Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2019, 03:02 PM
Orc

+20 STAM for my Monk!
Old 10-15-2019, 03:07 PM
Planar Protector

I remember people with brains stacking AC and stamina and then hard HP when possible.

This is a troll thread in every sense of the word but for the fatties I would consider intelligence because its so low that in velious its likely to be the only thing on an ogre not super high.

I'd go 5 agility, and 15 to intelligence.

For a troll I'd go 20 to intelligence

For all other races I would put 20 into stamina.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 10-15-2019, 03:08 PM
Banned

STR serveD me WeLL in red
Will do So agan on GreeN SK
Ty
Old 10-15-2019, 03:09 PM
Orc

Paladins aren't meant for DPS, and they don't do much of it. I mained one back then and what I always heard was to stack AC til soft cap then go for HP. Hybrid tanks didn't care about strength regardless of how much it helped their dps, their aggro doesn't come from damage output, it comes from spells (like paladin stuns, or blind at lower levels).
Old 10-15-2019, 03:26 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I found one of the old threads here - https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/pala...arn-t1829.html

The post made by Romidar is generally the summation of the statistical findings at that time:

Romidar Trueblade
Global user
(7/2/00 12:02:17 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
Re: An AC verses stats test
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You seem to have misunderstood Beld.

You claim that you had to zone out FASTER when you had higher AC. Since you zoned and did not kill the guard, this would mean that you are taking more damage with higher AC, not that you are DOING less damage.

Also, several of us have tested stats and their effect on damage & accuracy using logs of fights and found that no statistic influences accuracy (which was later confirmed by Verant) and that strength only slightly influences damage output at high levels.

Some folks on the monk boards tested AC vs. agility and found that agility did not affect dodging OR misses (more than the addition of the same amount of AC granted by that agility increase would). In other words, if 24 agility grants you 4 AC, you'd get the same effect from just adding an item that yields 4 AC.

This stuff has been tested by paladins, monks, shaman, rangers, warriors and shadowknights - independent tests using a wide range of methods. The converging evidence was always the same - stats have only a marginal effect on performance, AC has a significant effect.

The problem is this: prior to all the testing using logs & log parsers, people were doing the things you are doing. You have a pre-conceived hypothesis and you use your perception of how the fight went (e.g., number of bubbles, how fast you had to zone, etc.) to draw your conclusions. When you are using observational data like that you -will- fall prey to the "confirmation bias." Even when using "objective" data, it's a dangerous thing, but when just juding from your experience, it's "deadly."

Let me say that when I started testing, I honestly believed that stats made a difference. I thought I became more accurate when I put on my silver fire emerald rings. I thought I was doing significantly more damage (after all, I was seeing bigger numbers) when I was wearing my strength stuff. When I did start testing, I thought the data had to be wrong. It took several tests with different equipment vs. different mobs before I was willing to present my data (originally it was here and on the deceased eq.stratics paladin forum). A lot of people thought I was crazy, but others started testing too and found the same thing. Then Gordon put his foot in his mouth by admitting to a lot of it (and then saying they wouldn't tell us anymore because it "ruins the mystery").

If you want to wear stats stuff, that's your business - if it makes you happy and you're having fun, that's fine. However, the vast majority of data is against those beliefs. Some folks still really believe that the world is flat and it makes them happy to believe it. *shrug*
Old 10-15-2019, 04:50 PM
Fire Giant

Just gonna repeat the warning, SKs have ready access to STR and INT gear aplenty from sky quests that will be on farm status before too terribly long. STA much harder to get, and in sustained fighting SKs will be casting mostly just DC which costs approx zero mana. Also consider that when you stack your resists for a dragon or god fight you’ll lose quite a few hp. Only exception is very late game Velious when you can get it all stacked into every item.

Myuharin <Force of Will> & Myuharin the Revenant
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth View Post
6 hybrids in one group.. i believe you may actually LOSE experience per kill.
Closed Thread