Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2020, 09:32 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
DoT damage: who cares, everyone knows the numbers
Knowing DoT damage is very helpful for classes like Necro where Splurt has increasing damage per tick, makes it alot easier to time when to start casting so your new splurt hits right when the old one fades; I don't think you should have to have a highly customized GINA for something that would be so simple to fix.
Old 09-21-2020, 09:33 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantagarBrax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here's one idea i'd like to see, and i don't know how difficult it would be to implement:

Rotating ZEM's every 60 days or so and the one caveat being you don't tell the server which zones were buffed / debuffed.

Make it a player experience in finding these buffed ZEM zones and they with a random rotation it adds a little spice and repopulates some of these places people don't hunt in anymore.

Can even do a triple tier deal: lower level , mid tier, upper tier.

I think it would be fun.
This didn't really work out in green; Unrest and HHK are still packed meanwhile Perma and Runnyeye are usually BYOG. SolA and MM are ghost towns usually though. People are still creatures of habbit. If anything outdoor zones do seem to have a boost of players and higher level CT groups are a thing.

Runnyeye is so bizarre, don't get me wrong I love PLing there but you can fly through early levels with a good group and RV is one zone over for non-evil types. Even Neriak isn't the WORST run, especially if you grab an invis/sow at tunnel for evils.
Old 09-21-2020, 09:44 AM
Planar Protector

https://rpg.stackexchange.com/questi...t-of-arguments

Quote:
Players argue and don't accept rulings to the point of arguments
Asked 2 years, 6 months ago
Active 1 year, 6 months ago
Viewed 17k times

I have been running a long, epic campaign for 2 years now. Players have come and gone over time; about half have stayed since the beginning.

But since they acquired a higher level and well as knowledge of game mechanics (5e), they constantly antagonize me, the DM, in my rulings. They try to bend the rules and abuse every aspect of game mechanic to "put me in my place" and beat the game.

I constantly find myself telling them they can't do something. For example, one player wants to abuse the Bag of Holding by using it as a vehicle, "All players get inside and a dominated eagle carries us". When I told them that the bag has a limited space, he was visibly outraged.

Another time, they were racing against the bad guys through the Teleport through Plants spell of the druid. I made one of the bad guys' many mages then simply use the teleport spell, the players got angry at me again.

It has gotten to the point where I am not willing to play D&D because they are trying to wrestle all control from me as a DM, jumping and killing encounters I prepared with a lot of care and excitement (I put a lot of passion into my story, trying to keep it full with 3-dimensional characters, reoccurring themes, plot twists and dynamic relations. I even oil paint the most awesome moments that occur throughout the campaign).

I told them that the game can't be played if the DM can't have enough control to know what to prep, but then they argue that it can. I tell them that if the bad guys are a smart organization, of course I will let them outsmart the players, and I tell them that if they abuse the rules to do extreme things, why can't the Zhentarim do that too?

It's like they don't want to have me as a Dungeon Master and play my campaign, but they want me as a Dungeon Processor who runs their fantasies of unlimited power. And when I stop them, even with the best arguments, then I am the bad guy who is ruining their fun.

The problem though is, as sad as it might be, at this point of my life I've got nothing but D&D for fun. I work a night-shift job, and work on my degree during the day. I am constantly broke, and D&D, writing stories, making adventures, and running the campaign is all I have, so I am quite anxious about breaking up the campaign, as any normal DM would have done by now. Because then I will be left with nothing, and all the heart I put in to this campaign for the last 2 years will be dead in the water.

Is there anything I can do, or any suggested course of action to get my group back on track?
Old 09-21-2020, 11:02 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
DoT damage: who cares, everyone knows the numbers
Leashing: remove, unclassic and uncool
Pet window: put back completely (so UI buttons don't poof over client restarts)
Remove the forced /dyn lights: it's a nightmare for some of us
Keyring: no. Wasting inv/bank room on keys is part of the game.
Bazaar/spell sets/etc: FFS, no. This isn't QoL, but game-changing features
Reset ST periodically: just to rustle the jimmies of a few cry babies
Remove the AE limit: AE PL is part of the game and it's a shame it has been taken out.
I'm impressed with your level of cognitive dissonance that you were able to say adding a bazaar is game-changing but resetting ST was a-ok no problems at all. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The only thing adding a bazaar would do is make the server economy a million % better.
Old 09-21-2020, 11:09 AM
Planar Protector

Leashing is in fact the most unclassic and uncool “feature” on p99. Remove immediately thanks
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 09-23-2020, 05:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm impressed with your level of cognitive dissonance that you were able to say adding a bazaar is game-changing but resetting ST was a-ok no problems at all. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The only thing adding a bazaar would do is make the server economy a million % better.
Yeah, sure.

Been on live in the last 15 years? Bazar is a ghost town, economy is dead, it's boring af.

EC on P99 is fun and is a whole meta on its own.
Old 09-23-2020, 06:06 PM
Orc

All I want for Christmas is gnome shadowknights and halfling rangers.
Old 09-23-2020, 06:54 PM
Sarnak

all -i- want for christmas is armor dye
Old 09-23-2020, 08:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Yeah, sure.

Been on live in the last 15 years? Bazar is a ghost town, economy is dead, it's boring af.

EC on P99 is fun and is a whole meta on its own.
This server is nothing like live. Either live as it was or live now. "EC on P99 is a dystopian wasteland designed to waste as much time as possible and frustrate everyone involved."

FTFY.
Old 09-25-2020, 12:15 AM
Banned

Question Suggestions for P99 QoL features

Might I suggest:
  • Guild wars on all P99 servers that let a level 60 fight a level 1(and all levels in between) in the opposing guild everywhere across all zones if their guild is at war with another - Could throw in money loot and possibly 1 item loot for extra fun/hijynx
  • A few days or more every month at a random interval(unexpected), several major raid zones are flagged PVP to everyone in them (and allow level 1s to PVP w level 60s) - Do this also on all P99 servers. Please do this right after a quake for more fun - but wait 20+ minutes to flag everyone in those raid zones PVP

I'm a little surprised no guild wars seem to exist? I say that because how often guild squabbles seem to be fought with annoying/less entertaining things like petitionquest and lawyerquest.
Last edited by Asteria; 09-25-2020 at 12:18 AM..
Closed Thread