Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Should dragons be unrooted on blue?
Yes, I loved the thrill of fast pulls and sniping fte's 29 21.48%
No, I love spending hours crawling and wiping 35 25.93%
I don't care, I don't raid on blue or play on blue any longer 71 52.59%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2019, 04:55 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Hefe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have opinions man, just like anyone else. I would rather people know me for who I am, and have less people watching than pretend to be someone I'm not in order to please people. I have to do enough smiling and nodding at people during my day job, I'm not going to do it in my off time, too.

I legitimately think Blue is a very poor representation of classic EQ and has been for many years. I will continue to share that opinion whenever the topic is brought up and actively steer people away from Blue whenever possible.
You've never raided, nor have you ever hit 60 despite having all the time in the world and gear to do it. Yet P99 Blue is easy mode? Beating EQ isn't a thing, but if it was you've never been even close on Blue. You went from being slightly agitating to just being a straight up overly opinionated dick in short order.

Based on comments here you've also never played actual vanilla EQ back in 1999/2000. There's nothing wrong with that and I wouldn't normally point that out about a P99 player but stop acting like some sort of authority on EQ when you clearly know and have experienced only a fraction of the game both during and out of era.

I played EQ from 1999 to 2004 when WoW was released. That doesn't make me special but my point here is that I know what Velious era EQ was like. By Velious, guess what? My server (The Rathe) was incredibly similar to Blue outside of raiding where we had a rotation instead of the FTE mechanics you see on P99. Characters were twinked, I had millions of plat by trading in EC. The main difference was that most of the larger tradeable items from Velious era raids were not really circulating on the open market until the beginning of Luclin and fewer of the high end raiders had enough time to earn BiS no drop raid gear. P99 Blue is an incredibly accurate representation of Vanilla-Kunark-Velious and if you had actually played during that era and made it to the end game you'd have a fucking clue.

Green is great. I'm glad it's a thing. It is making quite a few people happy. It's bringing out the worst in pricks like you though, for whatever reason.
Old 10-29-2019, 04:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyborg [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You've never raided, nor have you ever hit 60 despite having all the time in the world and gear to do it. Yet P99 Blue is easy mode? Beating EQ isn't a thing, but if it was you've never been even close on Blue. You went from being slightly agitating to just being a straight up overly opinionated dick in short order.

Based on comments here you've also never played actual vanilla EQ back in 1999/2000. There's nothing wrong with that and I wouldn't normally point that out about a P99 player but stop acting like some sort of authority on EQ when you clearly know and have experienced only a fraction of the game both during and out of era.

I played EQ from 1999 to 2004 when WoW was released. That doesn't make me special but my point here is that I know what Velious era EQ was like. By Velious, guess what? My server (The Rathe) was incredibly similar to Blue outside of raiding where we had a rotation instead of the FTE mechanics you see on P99. Characters were twinked, I had millions of plat by trading in EC. The main difference was that most of the larger tradeable items from Velious era raids were not really circulating on the open market until the beginning of Luclin and fewer of the high end raiders had enough time to earn BiS no drop raid gear. P99 Blue is an incredibly accurate representation of Vanilla-Kunark-Velious and if you had actually played during that era and made it to the end game you'd have a fucking clue.

Green is great. I'm glad it's a thing. It is making quite a few people happy. It's bringing out the worst in pricks like you though, for whatever reason.
For real Hefe, you have issues.
Old 10-29-2019, 04:59 PM
Planar Protector

This poll is so rigged.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 10-29-2019, 05:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzug [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is a silly analogy, but even if you believe that, I'm not sure why you're so invested in trying to de-legitimize some people's preference on Blue. Is this just a stream promotion? It's not enough that people mostly seem to prefer Green, you feel the need to make sure those that still want to play Blue are making the "wrong" choice? Cool.

You pretend to be a pretty chill guy, but your general presence on the board the past few days has been fairly abrasive.
The picture in his signature is also really lame lol
Old 10-29-2019, 05:10 PM
Sarnak

blue is good if you like raiding, green if you like everquest.

in classic there were fte servers and rotated servers, would be interesting to see if these two servers organically go in different directions or end up with the same toxic raid scene.
Old 10-29-2019, 05:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
really dont want my green server mixed with hyper toxic blue community, or if we are going to do that rescue my dead red toons as well please
Do you honestly believe these "hyper toxic" individuals aren't on Green right now? They're there; it just hasn't been made obvious yet. You'll start to see hints of it when people starting getting to the point where they can get JBoots, Guises, and Manastones. Then, it will really come out once guilds get to the level where they can clear Naggy and Vox. All of those same people on Blue whom you call "hyper toxic" will be locking down Naggy and Vox 24/7 and preventing anyone else from having a shot. They will do the same thing with Kunark raid targets and then subsequently the same thing as Velious. Nothing is going to be any different on Green in that respect, and if you think it is then no offense but you're in for a bit of a rude awakening.
Old 10-29-2019, 05:15 PM
VIP / Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Wenai

Why is every poll on P1999 forums structured like this:

Yes, you need to enforce my opinion!
No, you are an idiot and disagree with my opinion.
I don't care, and your opinion doesn't matter.
Old 10-29-2019, 05:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyborg [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You think the classic experience is having millions of plat and he's the overly opinionated authoritarian?
Old 10-29-2019, 05:20 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
My server (The Rathe) was incredibly similar to Blue outside of raiding where we had a rotation instead of the FTE mechanics you see on P99.
P99 Blue is an incredibly accurate representation of Vanilla-Kunark-Velious
rotation on blue (or green) would make it a more accurate representation of classic trilogy imo. I was on rathe 99 through luclin, best server.
Old 10-29-2019, 05:26 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You think the classic experience is having millions of plat and he's the overly opinionated authoritarian?
For the average person? Of course not, nor was that the point I was making. My point was that there were millionaires in Velious of 2001 so it should not be surprising to see it in Velious of 2019. Alts were twinked in fungis and CoFs in 2001 so stop making baseless comparisons. He acts as if leveling in 2001 Velious was some sort of sacred shrine of rags and rusty swords. That’s revisionist bullshit.
Last edited by Psyborg; 10-29-2019 at 05:29 PM..
Closed Thread