Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 05-31-2019, 12:24 PM
Aviak

Default Disconnecting seconds after logging in

Hello everyone!

I recently started playing again and have been having a great time. Re-installed and have been playing a lot with no issues.

However, today something odd has happened - I'm able to log into a character just fine, however about 10 seconds later i drop connection. The game itself says I've been disconnected and get kicked to server select. It doesn't matter which character I use, it does this every time.

during the seconds I'm on everything works fine - I can chat, cast spells, ect.

This was a very sudden change, as everything was working 100% fine a few days ago. We did have power surge which caused some internet issues for a bit, but EVERYTHING else in the house works fine. I can play any other online game without issue or disconnection, so I don't think it's an issue with my ISP.

Any tips? anyone know what's happening? Thanks for the help
Old 05-31-2019, 01:03 PM
Banned

Do you have MQ2 or MyShowEQ running? There is malware included in the P99 update packs which detects what all programs are running on your computer.
Old 05-31-2019, 02:01 PM
Aviak

No, I'm not running any other programs. Discord is usually running in the background and a browser

It'd be pretty bold of me to come on here asking for help if I was using ShowEQ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I'm fully legit here just trying to play.
Old 06-01-2019, 07:49 PM
Aviak

No other pointers? perhaps I'll just delete everything and start over on a new install. anyone ever had success with that?
Old 06-01-2019, 07:49 PM
Sarnak

I would try using a Free VPN like Cyberghost (assuming its still free) to narrow down the issue. See if you instantly Disconnect still. Can also try changing your DNS server (easy to do via Google if you don't know how).

I had a similar issue that lasted about 1 month before going away on its own.