Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-11-2019, 11:32 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Newbie (to game and server)

Hey all. I started out playing MMO's with Ultima Online. It was my baby for a very long time. I have ALWAYS been a casual MMO player - the pace of new MMO's is exhausting for me. While Ultima and Everquest are both "hardcore" MMO's, I like the way they both handle time, including downtime.

But the thing is I never really got to play EQ. I had a potato of a computer really, until about 2009. Of course by this point, the fervor died down; I had a Mac sometime in between and enjoyed Early WoW, but I always felt like I missed out. The times I did get to play EQ in '99 at my cousins it was really fun.

Jumping into 1999 has been amazing because it is exactly how I remember it. I started with a shadow knight, am about to hit level 5 after a long day of playing, and have already partied up with several people...I am surprised I have seen so many people!! It honestly doesn't seem any less populated than the day I played twenty years ago.

So hello everyone!