Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2019, 10:51 PM
Aviak

Default Cultural Armor Color Question

For Dark Elf clerics what is the color of the cultural armor? I've seen the Dark blue, but is that the only option for them?

Want to start a DE Cleric, but was hoping to look cool...

Thanks!
Old 02-02-2019, 09:20 PM
Fire Giant

Yeah dark blue is the cultural color for dark elves. Humans get 8 different choices depending on their deity and colors are all different
Old 02-02-2019, 10:58 PM
Planar Protector

So, sometimes the wiki can help with this sort of thing. Unfortunately in this specific case it's not especially helpful, but it will at least show you the armor's color, and these steps work for checking the look ("fashion") of any armor in the game (many of which it actually has screenshots for):
  1. Find a piece of the armor. If you don't know the name you could go to the Cleric page, which has a link to Innoruuk-worshiping Cleric items, and that shows us the various Dar Elf cultural pieces, including (for instance): Imbued Teir`Dal Chain Tunic
  2. If you look at the bottom of that item's page you will see Fashion: Chain and Fashion: Mardi Gras Purple. This tells you the armor has a standard chain look, but is colored with "Mardi Gras Purple"
  3. You can see the Mardi Gras Purple color by following its link
  4. IF someone had uploaded a picture of themselves wearing any of the armors with the chain look, you could see for yourself what the armor looks like on the Fashion: Chain page

... but unfortunately no one has uploaded one [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 02-02-2019, 11:31 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So, sometimes the wiki can help with this sort of thing. Unfortunately in this specific case it's not especially helpful, but it will at least show you the armor's color, and these steps work for checking the look ("fashion") of any armor in the game (many of which it actually has screenshots for):
  1. Find a piece of the armor. If you don't know the name you could go to the Cleric page, which has a link to Innoruuk-worshiping Cleric items, and that shows us the various Dar Elf cultural pieces, including (for instance): Imbued Teir`Dal Chain Tunic
  2. If you look at the bottom of that item's page you will see Fashion: Chain and Fashion: Mardi Gras Purple. This tells you the armor has a standard chain look, but is colored with "Mardi Gras Purple"
  3. You can see the Mardi Gras Purple color by following its link
  4. IF someone had uploaded a picture of themselves wearing any of the armors with the chain look, you could see for yourself what the armor looks like on the Fashion: Chain page

... but unfortunately no one has uploaded one [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey Loramin, I see all the human cultural under fashion categories are wrong(or perhaps just unfinished?)
I have no idea how you edit this. I’ll attach a photomontage showing all human cultural if this can be of any help
Attached Images
File Type: jpg E35C091D-837C-4465-89F0-51D016EE815A.jpg (22.9 KB, 16 views)
Old 02-03-2019, 02:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diogene [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey Loramin, I see all the human cultural under fashion categories are wrong(or perhaps just unfinished?)
Unfinished is more accurate. I was able to write some code to use the Lucy database to populate the wiki with item categories, but adding screenshots to those categories is an 100% manual process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diogene [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have no idea how you edit this. I’ll attach a photomontage showing all human cultural if this can be of any help
That montage is awesome. The easiest way to add screenshots to a fashion category is to copy the code from another category, and just replace the answers with your own. For instance, if you edit the Bahama Blue fashion category you'll see this code:

Code:
{{FashionShow
|file=Barbarian_Male_Mostly_Wolf_Caller.png
|gender=Male
|race=Barbarian
|armor=Full set (except for helm) of [[Wolf Caller Armor]]
|fashion=Velious Chain 2
|tint=Bahama Blue
}}
{{FashionShowEnd}}

[[Category:Fashion]]
You could replace all that with the gender/race/etc. of your screenshot, and change the filename as well. Paste it into the fashion category you're adding to, and when you save instead of an image there will be a red link. If you click on that link it will take you to a page where you can upload your screenshot.

It may sound like a lot of work but it's really not. Copy code, replace a few bits, save, click link, upload image, done.

Or, if you have individual images for the screenshots in your montage, you could post them here and I'll add them at some point.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Closed Thread