Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2019, 01:38 PM
Fire Giant

Default Ranger DPS calculator doesnt function correctly

I've been inputting values for various weapons in the follow link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...fhE/edit#gid=0

When entering certain values, the change in value does not effect the outcome.

Changing Double attack value does not change the end dps sum
Changing offhand damage/delay does not change the end dps sum.

I enter a value of 1 into DA and the dps stays the same,
I enter a weapon with 0 damage and the dps stays the same.

Is there a link like this that actually works?

It seems as if the offhand values tend to stay the same as if it were always considering those values to reflect a certain weapon that was originally entered. U can change your level and other values to change the offhand DPS, but it stays relative to a specific ratio. Changing the ratio yourself does not change the outcome dps. Also double attack value means absolutely nothing in the spreadsheet.
Last edited by Iksar_with_a_plan; 02-12-2019 at 01:49 PM..
Old 02-12-2019, 04:10 PM
Planar Protector

I made that years ago with some dubious formulas (based off 2nd hand monk skill tables) and very limited excel skills. I think it used to work, as a model that shows if one setup was better than another, but it’s been screwed with over the years and I don’t really know how to fix or where I got all my data from.

In general the idea was to account for haste, dmg bonus, and ratio to spit out a number to indicate which setup was better, DPS only referring to what should hurt more - not acutal DPS in any meaningful sense. I poked around on it a few months ago and it was broken in a few areas I didn’t break personally and I forgot about it.

Let me read your post more carefully and see if I can respond.
Old 02-12-2019, 04:20 PM
Planar Protector

Double attack doesn’t change the value because it’s a constant. You’re gonna double at a the same % of the regardless of what you’re swinging with, therefore not a factor in choosing weapons. I think I added that to give a % of attack’s were doubles / dual wield by skill level for the more you know purposes? DW and DA values I used were almost certainly wrong, but based off a monk table some guy posted.

I believe DW was factored in at 60% or something to account in the end value for swings that don’t activate. Whether or not it scaled appropriately I’m not sure.

If offhand dmg / dly does nothing, it’s broken there. The ratio, haste, dw penalty, and lack of a damage bonus were summed with the main hand’s ratio haste and dmg bonus is to get the end value I think.

Just to reiterate, the point of this was to compare the relative DPS of weapons and not give “DPS” in any meaningful sense, more along the lines of higher number indicates it does more DPS.

I used this tool back when (I think) it worked to show that the HS dagger + Swiftwind was the highest damage Kunark setup, 9/17+13/21 versus the VP combo of 14/23+13/21. Decided Xygoz’s fang wasn’t worth getting.
Last edited by Cecily; 02-12-2019 at 04:30 PM..
Old 02-13-2019, 07:37 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iksar_with_a_plan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When entering certain values, the change in value does not effect the outcome.
its something to compare the different value of weapons and not something that will tell you the real world dps you'll get from them.
Old 02-13-2019, 05:56 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by deezy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
its something to compare the different value of weapons and not something that will tell you the real world dps you'll get from them.
It makes no difference what the end goal of the spreadsheet is accomplishing. the fact remains that some areas do not function properly.
Old 02-13-2019, 08:29 PM
Sarnak

also for what its worth I'm under the impression that the monk dual wield formula may be slightly different than non-monks. The effect being that monks have a higher chance to attack with the offhand.

The denominator in the formula is somewhere between 400 and 600 (600 being suggested for non-monks by some old website that verified it at the time). But I don't know how its implemented on P99.
Old 02-13-2019, 11:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iksar_with_a_plan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It makes no difference what the end goal of the spreadsheet is accomplishing. the fact remains that some areas do not function properly.

I'd ask for a refund if I were you.
Old 02-14-2019, 09:28 AM
Sarnak

i could put something together if there is good data out there. one of these days i might even try to get some volunteers to let me beat up on them and get some data from parses.
Old 02-26-2019, 01:28 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Location: At my bind point, looking for a sow for a corpse run

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd ask for a refund if I were you.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-22-2019, 09:06 PM
Fire Giant

Ahh I forgot about this thread...

Looks like the plug was pulled on the spreadsheet

Just because something becomes open and available to the public, doesn't make it free from critique. Call me a hero...

Cause if that were the case and all the pseudo-presumptuous, and fragile cecilys of the world were our engineers we'd still be rubbing sticks together and fornicating with primates...
Closed Thread