Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2019, 03:03 PM
Skeleton

Default Group and Solo Spots?: Druid 34

Looking for good group and solo spots for a druid. 34 and up.

Thanks.
Old 01-07-2019, 03:52 PM
Banned

The Overthere would be a great place for a druid to head to! Utilize some of those charm spells, and do some fear kiting! Or quadding? I actually skipped OT on my druid cause i really loved groups..

Iceclad would be a great spot to hunt cougars and hope for some earring drops? But you're stuck with Velious XP..
Kedge is awesome for druids if you want some adventure and to test yourself!
Lower guk you should be able to start getting some groups and some loots!
Emerald Jungle should also have some charming to be done!
Old 01-07-2019, 04:31 PM
Orc

Tizmaks in GD were a good quad spot at that level for me.
Old 01-07-2019, 05:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjeff100 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The Overthere would be a great place for a druid to head to! Utilize some of those charm spells, and do some fear kiting! Or quadding? I actually skipped OT on my druid cause i really loved groups.
You'd think that ... but you'd be wrong. The animals in OT all have crazy high magic resist, so they're terrible for fearing, charming, or anything else except plain old killing.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 01-07-2019, 05:54 PM
Aviak

I'll say it for Loramin => Click on on the link in his signature for Per-Level guides for hundres of places to earn XP [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-07-2019, 06:03 PM
Banned

Don’t quad tizmaks instead charm bloodmaw give him regen and a damage shield you can kill everything with a 40khp pet
Old 01-08-2019, 12:18 AM
Planar Protector

I quadded in OT a good bit on my druid. Focus on the succulents, cockatrice, and sarnak berserkers. They dont resist as much or run as fast as the tigers, rhinos, and sarnak knights.

Quadding FV pirates on the cliffs is around that level range too and the xp was great, though I forget when it's optimal to start since I did it 3 years ago or so.

Charming Bloodmaw sounds fun too as Zipity said.

Healing in the typical xp superhighway spots is an option.

If you really want to have fun, make a group and crawl a dungeon like Kaesora, lguk, Dalnir, Crystal Caverns, ToFS, or Droga (is 34 too low for Droga? Maybe Nurga? I forget)
Last edited by Tethler; 01-08-2019 at 12:21 AM..
Old 01-08-2019, 12:25 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by workbench [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'll say it for Loramin => Click on on the link in his signature for Per-Level guides for hundres of places to earn XP [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
LOL I completely forgot to give my spiel. Thanks for helping out, and yes the Per-Level guide is perfect for this situation [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 01-08-2019 at 12:29 AM..
Old 01-08-2019, 08:32 AM
Planar Protector

Best solo xp hands down for a Druid 34-40 is IC. Charm the cougars and attack the guardians right outside TOFS and kill both for full xp. It’s stupid fast and if shit hits the fan just zone into TOFS.

In a group setting Best xp is gonna be a duo/trio in unrest basement. If you feel like creating groups nurga, dalnir, and Kaesora are solid options. Mistmoore always has groups if you don’t want to put effort into finding xp.
Old 01-08-2019, 10:40 AM
Planar Protector

OT is an ideal place for grouping for druids. Charm a tigress or tiger and the duo/trio/full_group possibilities are endless. With a charm pet you’ll outperform many dps classes and should have enough mana to also buff/haste/snare it and have mana left over to provide additional support via heals/DS/buffs or even supplementary nukes. Make sure you keep mana in reserve to manage charm breaks. The mobs themselves aren’t independently extra resisty- you just have to understand that both tigers and tigresses have a very wide level range. Point is, you might accidentally end up with a pet target higher than expected who will break often.

I really cannot stress this location enough. It’s a unique zone.

-it’s a travel hub. In downtime being bound here provides ample opportunity for getting some port money.
-it’s a travel hub. Chances of random high level buffs (ie clarity) is good
-good relaxed places to safely afk and Med up.
-outdoor zone
-good quad opportunity if you want a relaxed and semi-afk play session
-charming prospects. Consistently finding 2 cats close to the same level is annoying. If charm soloing I would pit a cat vs a non cat. As mentioned above though ... it’s one of those rare zones where you can actually charm in and with a group and it’s good for at least a solid 11 levels for this purpose. There won’t be a lot of chances later to join a group and outdps the rogue while bringing heals and utility to the table. Druids really shine here.

For druids, this zone is perfect for those level ranges.

Fastest duo (by a long shot) I found from 39-45 was charming a high level tiger, fully buffing and hasting, and rolling duo with a shaman. Any shaman will do at or below your level. We just slowed mobs and healed the hasted pet. 2 of us parked at FM zone line would chainsaw through piles of corpses with no down time. Keeping a high level pet hasted and just healing it is a lot more efficient with a shaman than trying to dump old pets.

Take it or leave it, that’s my best advice. If I rolled another half dozen druids - I wouldn’t go anywhere else unless fun shenanigans were to be had dungeon diving with good friends (and the do doing so would be a fraction of what’s possible with a duo partner in OT.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Last edited by Troxx; 01-08-2019 at 10:58 AM..
Closed Thread