Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Guild Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2019, 06:47 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyrobo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think that's true. Nimthir, the founder of Kittens, was never in Knights. I've asked.

As for what happened to Knights ( from what I remember: )

Toward the end several years ago, Knights had a growing corps of end-game-level members. Carkle ( I think?, ) a prominent officer, was frustrated at the guild leader's absence and refusal to allow Carkle to take the reigns and transition Knights into a raiding guild. So, Carkle left and took some folks with to form Anonymous. Knights slowly died out after that.

Nimthir was not the founder of kittens. That would be Dreadra. Followed by Pusa, Nimthir, Fendolyn, Spacepope, and now Xytunes. Dreadra originally was going to make an all dark elf guild after leaving knights who say ni but decided to make kittens instead.
Old 02-10-2019, 06:56 PM
Banned

Ohhhhhh okay. That makes sense.
Old 02-10-2019, 06:59 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyrobo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think that's true. Nimthir, the founder of Kittens, was never in Knights. I've asked.

As for what happened to Knights ( from what I remember: )

Toward the end several years ago, Knights had a growing corps of end-game-level members. Carkle ( I think?, ) a prominent officer, was frustrated at the guild leader's absence and refusal to allow Carkle to take the reigns and transition Knights into a raiding guild. So, Carkle left and took some folks with to form Anonymous. Knights slowly died out after that.
You’re probably right. I just made that up. Sounded real didn’t it.
Last edited by Zemus; 02-10-2019 at 07:06 PM..
Old 02-10-2019, 07:10 PM
Banned

Nah I was wrong. kempoguy80 corrected me above
Old 02-10-2019, 08:41 PM
Sarnak

Stembolt was leader of Knights Who Say Ni. He is/was a great guy. He promoted me to be an officer. Shortly later, he disappeared. Stopped logging in. We communicated via e-mail. In one e-mail, he said he had no intent to log on until Velious dropped. Mind you this is several years ago... Years before Velious. Velious was not even on the horizon at this point.

It was a huge guild (largest on the server at one point). It turns out there were many officers but not enough who wanted to lead, organize, or even let other people know they were officers. Most officers were appointed to be invite bots. So I started stepping up and trying to organize the chaos. Most people responded favorably to it. They liked having an active figurehead and somebody who wanted to "put them to work". I started organizing raids and helping people with their epics. I had this belief that we could have a casual arm of Knights and a raiding arm of Knights. However it did not work as well as I had hoped.

The end of my time with Knights came when an individual popped up and started giving orders to the guild that were contrary to the instructions that my fellow active officers and I had been giving the guild. He said he was an officer. But I had never seen him before. I /guildstat-ed him and sure enough he was an officer. I realized that even though the guild recognized me as the leader, I still had no real power beyond the will of most of the people. The will of the people is important but if somebody can invite those of a different mindset to the guild or kick those of the my mindset from the guild, then all of our plans for the guild were threatened. This made it feel like "fixing" the Knights was too daunting of a task. So I quit.

Knights reached out to me in droves. Asking why I left. Asking where I was going. I told them why I left and that I was not sure where I was going. They asked me to start a guild and that they would join it. With me as Guild Leader. I agreed to do so. I named the Guild "Anonymous". People speculate that we were named after the cyber-terrorism group. Not true. At the time I created it, I had never heard of them. I wanted to be a different kind of raiding guild than I had previously seen on the server. One that just gets in and gets out and gets the job done. Other raiding guilds enter the zone. Find the mob dead and have no idea what happened. An "anonymous" guild killed it. No trash talking in /ooc or /shout. No forum wars. Just anonymous.

Running a guild quickly became more than this husband / father / employee / student had time for. So after a few months, I stepped down and handed Anonymous over to Hawkai/Oteso.

Heathcliff - 60 Bard | Carkle - 60 Cleric
58 Ranger | 56 Shaman
54 Rogue | 54 Shadow Knight
51 Bard | 50 Paladin | 50 Warrior
41 Wizard | 40 Bard | 20 Magician
Old 02-11-2019, 02:12 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just curious
And to answer your original question. Within a month of the founding of Anonymous, roughly 50 to 60% of the Knights were recruited into Anonymous. 30 to 40% moved to other guilds. Maybe 10% max stayed with Knights.

From what I heard, Mezr was able to talk Stembolt into transferring guild leadership to him. And the population of Knights just gradually dwindled away.

Heathcliff - 60 Bard | Carkle - 60 Cleric
58 Ranger | 56 Shaman
54 Rogue | 54 Shadow Knight
51 Bard | 50 Paladin | 50 Warrior
41 Wizard | 40 Bard | 20 Magician
Old 02-11-2019, 03:18 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by kempoguy80 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nimthir was not the founder of kittens. That would be Dreadra. Followed by Pusa, Nimthir, Fendolyn, Spacepope, and now Xytunes. Dreadra originally was going to make an all dark elf guild after leaving knights who say ni but decided to make kittens instead.

Dreadra did make the dark elf guild (named Teir Dal), but it didn’t last long. I was in it for a bit before she changed it to Kittens. She made Kittens as a mockery of Knights in a way because she was determined to treat her guild members better than Knights treated her (Don’t know any details on that).
Last edited by Fendolyn; 02-11-2019 at 03:21 PM..
Old 02-11-2019, 03:35 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carkle Jackson [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Stembolt was leader of Knights Who Say Ni. He is/was a great guy. He promoted me to be an officer. Shortly later, he disappeared. Stopped logging in. We communicated via e-mail. In one e-mail, he said he had no intent to log on until Velious dropped. Mind you this is several years ago... Years before Velious. Velious was not even on the horizon at this point.

It was a huge guild (largest on the server at one point). It turns out there were many officers but not enough who wanted to lead, organize, or even let other people know they were officers. Most officers were appointed to be invite bots. So I started stepping up and trying to organize the chaos. Most people responded favorably to it. They liked having an active figurehead and somebody who wanted to "put them to work". I started organizing raids and helping people with their epics. I had this belief that we could have a casual arm of Knights and a raiding arm of Knights. However it did not work as well as I had hoped.

The end of my time with Knights came when an individual popped up and started giving orders to the guild that were contrary to the instructions that my fellow active officers and I had been giving the guild. He said he was an officer. But I had never seen him before. I /guildstat-ed him and sure enough he was an officer. I realized that even though the guild recognized me as the leader, I still had no real power beyond the will of most of the people. The will of the people is important but if somebody can invite those of a different mindset to the guild or kick those of the my mindset from the guild, then all of our plans for the guild were threatened. This made it feel like "fixing" the Knights was too daunting of a task. So I quit.

Knights reached out to me in droves. Asking why I left. Asking where I was going. I told them why I left and that I was not sure where I was going. They asked me to start a guild and that they would join it. With me as Guild Leader. I agreed to do so. I named the Guild "Anonymous". People speculate that we were named after the cyber-terrorism group. Not true. At the time I created it, I had never heard of them. I wanted to be a different kind of raiding guild than I had previously seen on the server. One that just gets in and gets out and gets the job done. Other raiding guilds enter the zone. Find the mob dead and have no idea what happened. An "anonymous" guild killed it. No trash talking in /ooc or /shout. No forum wars. Just anonymous.

Running a guild quickly became more than this husband / father / employee / student had time for. So after a few months, I stepped down and handed Anonymous over to Hawkai/Oteso.

Super cool piece of server history. I remember being a little noob in Gfay 3 or so years ago thinking to myself “one day I will join Anonymous and kill raid targets” I thought Anonymous was super badass. I must have had a good experience with a member and idolized the guild from that point forward. Can’t remember now, had too many breaks and guilds in between.
Old 02-11-2019, 04:55 PM
Kobold

What Carkle said.

<3 Snick/Mouse.
Old 02-11-2019, 06:47 PM
Planar Protector

how about the homies who say sup?

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]