Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2019, 12:34 PM
Aviak

Default Skyshrine Quadding - 60 Wiz

Maybe this is old news, but I recently realized I can easily quad Skyshrine Fe'Dhars on my 60 wizard, which makes it a decently viable place to hang out solo at max level. I spent some time here previously (before taking a long P99 break), and basically root nuked my way to a Wurm Lord Shawl. It was not fun...

To do it, you'll need a real SoW (jboots won't cut it) and probably around 3600 mana to allow for a second snare attempt if you get a resist. Epic rune is a bonus as you'll occasionally eat a full round of wyvern claws when navigating the corridors to set up your quad.

If you've got these things, you're good to go! I recommend clearing out Jaelk first, then you can pull the first four Fe'Dhars to the top of the ramp down to Lararith and snare without too much trouble. I think you can avoid clearing Jaelk if you wait for him to path down the ramp and snare a bit before the ramp, but I like leaving lots of room for error. Then just slowly pull them back into the room they spawn in nuking along the way, then run from corner to corner blasting them to bits. Their regen is crazy, so you don't want to waste time between nukes. When they're dead, med up and do the same to the four up the next ramp. Easy peasy.

Now get out there and destroy that CoV faction! Skyshrine isn't just for necros any more. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-06-2019, 02:02 PM
Fire Giant

Nice. Seen a wiz with rend robe solo there too [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Best class to solo them by far is enchanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Grats on your WLS. 3 years later and I still don’t have it
Old 02-06-2019, 04:35 PM
Aviak

Ha, well enchanters can solo pretty much anything, so they go without saying. I was just excited to find something moderately productive a wizard could do solo in Velious aside from sentient armors or DN phase spiders.

I do have a Velk robe which I used to supplement my root-nuke damage in Skyshrine. But I estimate wyverns regen 80 hp per tick which really hurts the robe's effectiveness with its long cast time. Rend robe is better DPS though so could make the robe-nuking strategy more viable.
Old 02-06-2019, 05:37 PM
Planar Protector

Do you know about the slot 1 bug? Came up in an enc thread but I found it being most useful for quadding
Old 02-07-2019, 02:18 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do you know about the slot 1 bug? Came up in an enc thread but I found it being most useful for quadding
Details!

Gabronth
15 Human Paladin
Old 02-07-2019, 04:17 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by AegnorP99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ha, well enchanters can solo pretty much anything, so they go without saying. I was just excited to find something moderately productive a wizard could do solo in Velious aside from sentient armors or DN phase spiders.

I do have a Velk robe which I used to supplement my root-nuke damage in Skyshrine. But I estimate wyverns regen 80 hp per tick which really hurts the robe's effectiveness with its long cast time. Rend robe is better DPS though so could make the robe-nuking strategy more viable.
Yeah might be the VP robe is only JUST effective enough I'm not sure. It was fun to watch him though. He would kite the (single) mob around, stand in a corner, click his robe, then run in a big circle till the cast time was almost down then back and stand in the corner for the resolution of his spell.

Have no clue if it was effective or not for exp but I'm guessing SS-exp is bad no matter what
Old 02-07-2019, 11:28 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hibbs [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Details!
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=312869

There's the thread on it so I'm not really going to go into detail.

But in really simple terms, for something like a quad with a 6ish sec recast. If you throw it in slot 1, click your flux staff or other GCD reset, and wait about 1.5 seconds before you start casting again, the quad will land. Huge difference between having to wait the full 6 seconds to even attempt a recast. I tested it on several different classes and the most useful was for quadding and shaman canni(is why they usually canni in slot 1). Canni wait time was less, basically your wait time + casting time has to equal the items normal recast time.

Also, not effective for spells with 12+ sec recast. Again that was a really dummed down explanation, see the thread I linked and others for further detail.
Old 02-07-2019, 01:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hibbs [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Details!
SpellGem 1 can be immediately refreshed with an instant click item like Shrunken Gob Earring, Staff of Temperate Flux, Star of Eyes, Kromzek Scope etc. Nice for spamming nukes, quads and cannibalize etc
Old 02-07-2019, 01:29 PM
Kobold

WURM LORDS UNITE
Old 02-07-2019, 02:13 PM
Planar Protector

If you're an enchanter and didnt know about this trick, you were not playing an enchanter
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Closed Thread