Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 02-12-2019, 04:48 PM
Skeleton

Default 2nd account blocked from same IP

So how do I get my grandson able to loggon from the same IP with another account so he can join me???

M Brown
Old 02-12-2019, 04:52 PM
Fire Giant

Assuming you're not trolling the technical discussion forum, here is the information from the getting started guide:

2+ Boxing
"Boxing" is not allowed on Project 1999. This is defined as playing more than one character per server by the same person. This includes one person playing multiple characters on different computers.

Our servers will not allow you to log in multiple accounts from the same household / internet connection. Attempting to do so will be met with a Temporary IP Ban error.

If you genuinely have multiple people playing from the same connection, you are required to request an IP Exemption in the [URL=http://www.project1999.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25]Petition Forum.

Violation of this rule will result in disciplinary action and possible loss of accounts involved.

Playing one character per server (One on Project 1999 Blue, One on Project 1999 Red, or one+ on any other EQEmulator server) is allowed.

Drumas - 60 Cleric
Ashintar - 60 Wizard
Old 02-12-2019, 05:16 PM
Skeleton

Default not trolling

seriously not trolling my grandson is showing interest in playing and maybe my wife also so made a 2nd account for him but coudn't log him on oh well I guess he cant play thanks anyways.
Old 02-12-2019, 05:24 PM
Planar Protector

Thats pretty cool, just follow the instructions and wait then. otherwise play through a tether or VPN
Old 02-13-2019, 12:11 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRBROWN864 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
seriously not trolling my grandson is showing interest in playing and maybe my wife also so made a 2nd account for him but coudn't log him on oh well I guess he cant play thanks anyways.
just request an IP exemption. not really a big deal.
Old 02-18-2019, 12:41 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mampy2003 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
just request an IP exemption. not really a big deal.
Actually, it is a big deal. I did as you suggested over a month ago for my son and still haven't received an exemption. I understand that the volunteers which process these have much to do and there's no way for me to know where I'm at in the queue.

But it's really hard to manage a kid's expectations on something like this when they get excited about it. We've tried to use a hotspot to mixed success. Sometimes it just plain doesn't work well enough with the latency where we're at. And that's just the game. Add discord into the mix (our PC's are on opposite ends of the house) and it ends up just being frustrating for everyone involved.
Old 02-18-2019, 12:59 PM
Planar Protector

posting from 2 profiles already, you'll fit in well here
Old 02-18-2019, 01:09 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madbad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
posting from 2 profiles already, you'll fit in well here
Eh? I'm not the OP. Just happen to have a similar issue and perspective.
Old 02-18-2019, 02:05 PM
Skeleton

yeah its a crappy situation because he is interested but i can't play looking into a vpn

MRBROWN864
Old 02-18-2019, 04:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRBROWN864 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yeah its a crappy situation because he is interested but i can't play looking into a vpn

MRBROWN864
This is the correct answer. VPNs cost <$10 a month, will let you play multiple accounts at once, and are 100% legal as long as you have real humans behind each account. They'll also let you use bit torrent without fear of your ISP giving you "strikes", AND as soon as your IP exception comes through you can cancel them (if you don't still want them for bit torrenting).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.