Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 02-12-2019, 10:01 PM
Aviak

Default Runspeed errors / issues since patch.

Since the patch came into effect, I have noticed that my runspeed has fallen way off, like off a cliff. I did some run speed trials to get some timers etc. Below will be the resuilt I came up with. I did a run with another person and we both did no runspeed, Jboots and SoW (SoW from a level 35 druid and SoW from a level 60 shaman).

Base run time from the same wall to the same zoneline was between 22 to 22.4 seconds. Run time with Jboots was between 16.3 to 16.5 seconds. Run time with sow (level 35) was 15.3 each run (3 runs). Run time with level 60 shaman sow was 14.5 seconds having ran it 3 times (each run was between 14.47 to 14.53/s). With these numbers I compiled a percentage of increase in each run time from the base run time. Here they are:

Fastest run time base w/Jboots
22/s (base) . 16.3/s Jboots 2 = 74% Total Increase: 26% Runspeed
22/s (base) . 16.4/s Jboots 1 = 74.5% Total Increase: 25.5% Runspeed
22/s (base) . 16.5/s Jboots 3 = 75% Total Increase: 25% Runspeed

Slowest run time base w/Jboots
22.4/s (base) . 16.3/s Jboots 1 = 72.8% Total Increase: 27.2% Runspeed
22.4/s (base) . 16.4/s Jboots 2 = 73.2% Total Increase: 26.8% Runspeed
22.4/s (base) . 16.5/s Jboots 3 = 73.7% Total Increase: 26.3% Runspeed

Slowest/fastest time with SOW (lvl 35)
22/s (base) . 15.3/s Lvl 35 SoW = 69.55% Total Increase: 30.45% Runspeed
22.5/s (base) . 15.3/s Lvl 35 SoW = 68.3% Total Increase: 31.7% Runspeed

Slowest/Fastest time with SoW (lvl 60)
22/s (base) . 14.5/s Lvl 60 SoW = 65.9% Total Increase: 34.1% Runspeed
22.4/s (base) . 14.5/s Lvl 60 SoW = 64.7% Total Increase: 35.3% Runspeed

These numbers should be much different given that Jboots, according to wiki, are 35%. SoW should be much faster than this, too. According to the Wiki, SoW at lvl 9 is 34% and 55% at lvl 50. Why is that Im only getting 35% range with a level 60 SoWer? Feel free to do test runs and tell me if you get anything different. With two people getting similar run times, it lead me to use the numbers above.

P.S. I used West Freeport zone, the zone wall on the northern end heading west to East Commonlands Zoneline as my stop point. I made sure not to turn left or right and avoided hitting any objections on each run. I walked backwards into the wall until I wasn't moving to ensure my heading was as straight line as possible. If you would like to use True north spell to get a better-ish result, feel free to do so. I dont think 2 people getting the same numbers out of 3 or 4 runs each time isn't an unfair assessment of my results above.

Thoughts?
Old 02-13-2019, 12:16 AM
Planar Protector

Not sure if others noticed the same, but after logging in after patch I swear my toon was running at SoW type speed without a runspeed buff on, definitely felt faster than the 'walking through mud' feel we all come to know from classic EQ. Thought maybe it was a temporary glitch. Nice test though, A+ effort.
Old 02-13-2019, 02:09 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not sure if others noticed the same, but after logging in after patch I swear my toon was running at SoW type speed without a runspeed buff on, definitely felt faster than the 'walking through mud' feel we all come to know from classic EQ. Thought maybe it was a temporary glitch. Nice test though, A+ effort.
Try to kite some mobs. I was on my wizard and I couldnt out run anything it seemed in OT unless it was snared. The Rhinos would actually be faster than Jboots (which isnt normal from before patch) and everything else catches up to me faster than normal as well. This is why I did this test run to see what run speeds really were putting out.

getting 24-25% is still slower than it should be, along with SoW being lacking is odd too
Old 02-13-2019, 02:16 PM
Kobold

I thought it was just me as well...noticed with Jboots I was not outrunning anything. I got chased down by a Cactus in OT...an F'ing Cactus!
Old 02-13-2019, 03:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magerin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Try to kite some mobs. I was on my wizard and I couldnt out run anything it seemed in OT unless it was snared. The Rhinos would actually be faster than Jboots (which isnt normal from before patch) and everything else catches up to me faster than normal as well. This is why I did this test run to see what run speeds really were putting out.

getting 24-25% is still slower than it should be, along with SoW being lacking is odd too
Maybe it is zone dependent or there is some desync issues that Rogean alluded to in the new upgrades (such as perhaps the server thinks you are running slower than the client is telling it)? I was in cabilis the evening of patch.
Old 02-14-2019, 02:52 AM
Aviak

It might actually be something about the adjustment of the sow sword code change that may have hit all runspeeds spells as a whole...? Im not totally sure why this is but quad kiting as a wizard is impossible now, or way more risky even with Jboots and agro stick...intended?
Old 02-14-2019, 03:49 PM
Planar Protector

yeah sow sword nerf probably bugged out the sow spell most likely
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 02-16-2019, 02:46 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodlone [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I thought it was just me as well...noticed with Jboots I was not outrunning anything. I got chased down by a Cactus in OT...an F'ing Cactus!
The Cacti have had enough of being murdered! THE RAGE OF THE NEEDLED ONES WILL BE FELT!
Old 02-16-2019, 07:38 PM
Aviak

Any word from the staff about any of these pending issues from a database/server side?
Old 02-17-2019, 07:31 PM
Fire Giant

pretty sure if you have a char camped and buffed pre patch sow and compare to a pos patch one you will see a clearly difference between their sows, and not even close to normal sow.