Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2019, 09:35 AM
Aviak

Default Dark Cloak of the Sky Hotbutton?

Didn't realize this was only a 12 second spell until getting it so now I'm trying to figure out how to keep this active without being super annoying. Was going to go the route of assigning it to the same hotbutton as something else, like kick, but it's not working. Have tried a couple of scenarios:

1. Cloak in hotbar. Hotbutton with /doability 1 (kick) in another spot on hotbar. Set both to the same bound key and haste doesn't cast but I do kick.

2. Cloak in hotbar. Range attack in hotbar. Set both to the same key and haste casts but ranged doesn't (gives the "You can't use that command right now..." because I'm casting at the time).

Don't want to use W as I use that for sense heading and /loc. Hmmm.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by kwjohns; 06-05-2019 at 09:38 AM..
Old 06-05-2019, 09:41 AM
Planar Protector

Somethings wrong with your hotkey or keypress. As many many many monks and rangers can attest to, sticking kick in one hotbar button and robe/ fist / cloak in another with changing keypress for both to 1 button is extremely common.

Try to just put kick on hotbar and not a macro?
Old 06-05-2019, 10:06 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Somethings wrong with your hotkey or keypress. As many many many monks and rangers can attest to, sticking kick in one hotbar button and robe/ fist / cloak in another with changing keypress for both to 1 button is extremely common.

Try to just put kick on hotbar and not a macro?
Just tried that and it would just kick. I had the bind set to Shift + F. I just changed the bind to a single key '-' for testing purposes (cloak and kick right off my combat action bar) and now haste casts but kick gives the "You can't use that command right now..." message.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-05-2019, 10:28 AM
Planar Protector

Try putting kick on hotbar 2 and cloak on 7
Old 06-05-2019, 10:52 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Try putting kick on hotbar 2 and cloak on 7
That did it. So kick has to be above the cloak in the hotbar and the bind can't be a combination of keys, it must be single. I was able to get my macro back in that kick spot which includes disarm, etc.

Thanks for your help!
Old 06-05-2019, 10:56 AM
Planar Protector

I have my Ranger's cloak in a second hot bar bound to F. Do the same with my Monk's epic.

I also spam kick instead of waiting for it to refresh because there's nothing else to do in an EQ fight.
Old 06-05-2019, 01:39 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by feniin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I also spam kick instead of waiting for it to refresh because there's nothing else to do in an EQ fight.
Closed Thread