Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 10-30-2015, 12:59 AM
Planar Protector

I'm done messing with it for now.

Current issue puzzling me: The done button does not work when relocated outside of the merchant window strip. Here I have it partially inside to test clickability. The part that falls outside the zone does not respond to mouse clicks. Classic UI put this button on top of the inventory done button in the lower right corner of the screen. I don't know how to declare a 'hotspot' (or perhaps a static animation?).

Screen Shot 2015-10-29 at 10.57.29 PM.jpg

Other issue is of course the display of items in the merchant window. The items are currently scrollable via mouse, not the up and down arrow buttons.

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Old 10-30-2015, 02:46 PM
Skeleton

thanks for helping sorn <3 dunno if this is ever fix-able, but I appreciate the help <3
Old 11-15-2015, 03:20 AM
Planar Protector

Worked on various things and made little headway. Also crashed a lot because refresh times on p99 are horrible. Here's what I've got the item display window to look like:
Screen Shot 2015-11-14 at 11.50.37 PM.jpg

It's a little wonky because I sized the graphic proportionally but the window itself is the wrong size.

Notes -
* I got the spellbook to work...sort of. Unfortunately it hides beneath the Selector window (the portion of the UI that holds the Help, Options, and View buttons on the left side), so to get it to show up you have to click on a spell gem to cast, or hit alt+s twice. Once it's on top, you can't touch any of the Selector window buttons. This has to do with window layering, which I do not now how to fix just yet. I know you can layer stuff within a window, but decreeing what order the windows sit on loading is beyond me.

The issue with it is that some buttons only work in certain windows. The reason the spellbook button didn't work before is because someone put it in the Selector window instead of the CastSpellsWnd file (your spell gems, essentially). Good idea, but the client hates anything remotely reasonable so it won't work. Since it can't be in the Selector window, the spellbook goes in a separate window that will sit on top of the Selector window and render the other buttons unusable unless it's hidden or tucked under.

* I can't figure out how to resize the item display window or have it show up in a single location. I also can't lock it in place or prevent 4 of the windows from opening. I can keep it from being resized. Using alt+right click brings up a window that sticks around until I click the invisible close button. I may be able to get it to close if I click outside the window, but haven't figured out how that works yet. It may be hard-coded into the client. I also don't know how to get the item name to display with the details because it doesn't have an EQType I can use. The only reason it shows up right now is because I let the window have a title bar.

* The toon I'm doing this on is running out of money for food D: Klok Wyga needs to lower her prices on earthworm munch! /riots

Retired from p99
Old 11-17-2015, 02:39 PM
Skeleton

yeah i've noticed the layering problems when opening the inventory with the persona button and whatnot. maybe titanium just sucks when it comes to layering? lol

as for the item display window, I have to relocate mine one-time, then it'll stay there.
for example, if I open another item window, it'll be like "window 2" then another window would be "window 3" I move those into the same spot, and it'll be in the same spot until window 3 appears.

Then I camp and exit the game, then it saved the locations of windows 1-3

it's weird, but that's how I have to do it lol. Not sure if it'll save in the uifiles though, this seems more like a client-side thing
Old 11-17-2015, 02:46 PM
Skeleton

k cool I tested some more, and this works with resize too. I just have to drag the corners/sides, even though the cursor doesn't show you anything lol
Old 11-17-2015, 03:03 PM
Skeleton

I'm not really experienced with UI's or xml, but i'll still throw ideas around to help [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Perhaps there's a way to have the merchant window code, act like the hotbar window code? Not sure if that's possible though.

Maybe there's also a way to change the layout of the options window too? i've never seen it done before on other interfaces though. balls :3

As for the inventory camera, my idea is to just have a picture of some guy on there Lol.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-17-2015, 09:28 PM
Planar Protector

Hah!

Okay, I'll go through your suggestions one at a time.

- Moving the item display windows manually: It's a workaround but not ideal (ideal being a UI that does not need any adjusting at all by the user). I figured out the same thing but kept trying anyway because I'm pretty sure there's a way to permaresize the windows. I want a single item window fixed on top of the chat window that cannot be moved. My memories tell me you could alt click on an item to get the window to pop up, then alt click again to get rid of it. Right click and hold would bring it up until you released the button.

- Merchant window code work like the hotbar? I believe it should work more like the loot window. Unfortunately I suspect the client limits this, as the list format with the prices, names, and icons appears to be hard-coded into the client since there's nowhere I can find in the UI files to modify this. I will keep looking. I did find one of the EQ types for a merchant item (6004), but I don't know if that's compatible with the client.

- Like the merchant item list, I think the options window content is hard-coded into the client. I visited P2002 recently, which uses the PoP era client, and discovered it's MUCH more classic than Titanium will ever be. Their options window is very different from P99. So is their merchant window. I could probably make a true classic UI for that server very easily.

- Inventory camera: Might work but not sure. There is an element in the Inventory window called ClassAnim, which is the animated class icon you see. It only works in the Inventory window, evidently, and it appears in two different places depending. That's why it's hidden beneath the Selector window when you first start up, but pops up on top when you open and close your inventory. When the inventory is closed, it's moved over to the spot on the Selector window. When opened, it moves back to over the persona window. I haven't figured out how to create a custom window with just a graphic in there yet, but when I do, I'll probably use it for this purpose.

Right now I'm trying to make the UI 800x600 because I hate 640x480. This causes about the same sort of headache as I've come to expect from working with EQ UIs.

I've also started writing some documentation for the XML syntax because I need a reference and it's sadly undocumented despite all the custom UIs out there. I have a feeling most custom UIs are at least 50% guesswork, maybe more.

Retired from p99
Old 03-18-2016, 01:59 AM
Large Rat

So, I started on this server about in the beginning of February and decided to try out this UI. When I, like most of you, realized this was no longer available at the original location I was quite happy to find the borked version that was re-uploaded in this thread.

I wasn't pleased with the state of the UI and decided that while I played I would take some time and work on this. Today I'm here to release that work to all of you to do whatever you wish with it.

When I downloaded the UI scripts left over from the previous developer, they were in extremely rough shape. Basically the entire thing was just complete garbage. So I took the time to rewrite the entire project which you can find here: https://github.com/iMotoGames/P99-ClassicUI.

Most of the files are abstracted from each other and easy to work on. On the github page you can see all of the changes I made as well as the current existing issues (most of which are due to client issues and specific windows needing complete rework via dll modifications, which of course is against the ToS of P99 and a bannable offense).

I'll be continuing to work on this, but significantly less as I'm not actively playing here anymore and have other projects I'd like to focus on.

Any questions in regards to this project can be brought up via creating an issue on the Github page.

Hope you all enjoy.
Old 03-18-2016, 02:34 AM
Large Rat

I forgot to mention in my previous post that I also abstracted the EQ Login Server UI from the standard EQUI files with this project, and that the EQLSUI can be thrown into any default UI folder to have the classic login server look. This of course could use some minor touchup's but looks quite a lot better than the standard titanium EQLSUI.
Old 03-18-2016, 02:37 AM
Planar Protector

Nice job! Although this just confirms my impression that the whole thing is impossible using the Titanium client =\

Retired from p99