Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 06-14-2016, 04:18 PM
Large Rat

Default "New" character models possible?

I was reading a post, somewhere, and I can't name it... but it mentioned a pack to download and install for client-side "new" character models and such. Is that actually possible?
Old 06-14-2016, 07:39 PM
Fire Giant

For Luclin models? You used to be able to but they forced classic models for them velious textures
Old 06-14-2016, 08:30 PM
Sarnak

Not clear if Luclin models is what the OP meant (kind of sounds like the question is about custom model download packs...)

But yes, Luclin models are still possible.

(Custom models would probably be possible as well, but not worth the effort.)
Old 06-14-2016, 09:35 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaela [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not clear if Luclin models is what the OP meant (kind of sounds like the question is about custom model download packs...)

But yes, Luclin models are still possible.

(Custom models would probably be possible as well, but not worth the effort.)
Pretty sure the reason they forced velious models is because of things like freeportvision.....
Old 06-15-2016, 12:16 PM
Large Rat

I'm sorry. I should have been more clear. Thank you for the replies so far. I was talking about the models that are not as "pixelated" - I remember on live when they updated the models from what they are now (on 99) by default, to a more detailed and better looking char. You could actually tell pieces of armor from the other and etc. Just curious if that was possible. I THINK the update came with the PoP expansion in live. It's when SoE updated everything from spell graphics to items and characters. Anyone remember that?
Old 06-15-2016, 01:17 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilban [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm sorry. I should have been more clear. Thank you for the replies so far. I was talking about the models that are not as "pixelated" - I remember on live when they updated the models from what they are now (on 99) by default, to a more detailed and better looking char. You could actually tell pieces of armor from the other and etc. Just curious if that was possible. I THINK the update came with the PoP expansion in live. It's when SoE updated everything from spell graphics to items and characters. Anyone remember that?
Yeah, you can do that. It's just a substitution of the models' textures rather than any change of the models themselves, technically.

If you download the free-to-play client from the official site (warning: it's like 11GB) you can (mostly) replace Titanium's .s3d files with the .s3d files from the download, and they'll have the higher-detail textures. Might be able to do the same with the .s3d files from a non-Titanium CD install (I think Titanium is a bit of an oddball in coming packed with the really early, low-detail textures).

There's also this post about doing the same, but with even-higher-detail-than-live textures: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=229345
Old 06-15-2016, 08:21 PM
Large Rat

While the upgrades you are talking about are very interesting, Zaela, and I appreciate all of your help, I was actually talking about these types of models.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-15-2016, 08:49 PM
Sarnak

Then you are talking about Luclin models. See the first few replies...
Old 06-15-2016, 09:40 PM
Fire Giant

Not Classic sorry

Zekay 60 Torpor Shaman - <Guild>
Old 06-16-2016, 01:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilban [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
better
Nope.