Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 06-16-2016, 01:24 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilban [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm sorry. I should have been more clear. Thank you for the replies so far. I was talking about the models that are not as "pixelated" - I remember on live when they updated the models from what they are now (on 99) by default, to a more detailed and better looking char. You could actually tell pieces of armor from the other and etc. Just curious if that was possible. I THINK the update came with the PoP expansion in live. It's when SoE updated everything from spell graphics to items and characters. Anyone remember that?
All the modern character models got introduced with the Luclin expansion in December 2001...there were also options to disable new models on a model by model basis ...the original models are amazing for their polygon count where as the updated models are mediocre looking for their polygon count ....yeah you get more curves but the Luclin model's have zero charm....
Old 06-16-2016, 07:53 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbinbad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nope.
Your opinion. I enjoy being able to see the links in chainmail. It helps me with immersion. While I also enjoy pixels, I enjoy a bit of graphic detail as well. I played EQ live from start until a little after PoP, and that's what I wanted to recall.
Last edited by Nilban; 06-16-2016 at 07:56 PM..
Old 06-16-2016, 07:55 PM
Large Rat

So, in closing, is it possible to do the character models or no? I have been told that they disabled them as of recently, but could not find a threat on it. I've been working a lot, so I have not been able to sit down for a long duration and actually scan as much as I need to.
Old 06-16-2016, 08:31 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaela [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But yes, Luclin models are still possible.
Yes, they're still possible, using a workaround, as previously linked here. Check the readme if you have problems.
Old 06-16-2016, 09:02 PM
Banned

and 100 people will use that zip and a week later log in to stripped accounts???
Old 06-16-2016, 10:18 PM
Sarnak

The workaround code is open source: it's just a bunch of lua scripts contained within the download (it's a folder). A handful of people have been using it in the months since last August.

Edit: also I don't play this game and never really have. My highest on the server is a lvl 8 necro that hasn't been logged in for two years probably.
Last edited by Zaela; 06-16-2016 at 10:26 PM..
Old 06-16-2016, 10:52 PM
Fire Giant

Not Classic Sorry

Zekay 60 Torpor Shaman - <Guild>
Old 06-16-2016, 11:51 PM
Sarnak

Ironically the workaround only works because there are a bunch of non-classic vanity models in the "official" globalload.txt that everyone is forced to have now. If they removed the non-classic stuff, Luclin models wouldn't be possible (at least using this method).