Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Velious Beta > General Beta Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2016, 11:09 PM
Large Rat

Default Future Expansion Ideas

I've heard a rumor going around that Omens of War might be added as the next expansion in the near future. I really hope that this is not true. OoW and Gates of Discord were the worst, out there, unrelated expansions I experienced during my days playing EQ from 1999 until 2005.

If any expansion should be added it should be PoP, Luclin or at least Dungeons of Norrath. These expansions really helped the game become more group oriented making it more fun, PoP especially. If there would be anything that would create more groups and raiding it would be PoP or LDoN and that is what EQ is really all about-a community of players that rely on each other to explore and have fun in a world of wonder and danger. Not to mention the content in each provided specific enhancements to each class.

PS-AAs would change everything and you would most likely see a high jump in population on the Test server as this was huge back in the day.
Old 09-23-2016, 08:39 AM
Planar Protector

Wut?
Old 09-23-2016, 09:49 AM
Planar Protector

I don't understand...

OoW and GoD were incredible expansions... But one does not simply jump from Level 60 with no AA content into content tuned for level 70s with 400-500 AAs...

If anything Luclin would be up next, and then PoP.
Old 09-23-2016, 09:52 AM
Developer

No new expansion plans that I know of.

Dunno where these rumors come from.
Old 09-23-2016, 11:18 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by derka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've heard a rumor going around that Omens of War might be added as the next expansion in the near future. I really hope that this is not true. OoW and Gates of Discord were the worst, out there, unrelated expansions I experienced during my days playing EQ from 1999 until 2005.

Omens owned, hard style. You had to be in a top level raiding guild to really appreciate it, though, as much of the content was ludicrously difficult and beyond the capability of group-level equipment.

Fuckin' Chaos Claws, man. Even trash could thrash.
Old 09-23-2016, 05:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No new expansion plans that I know of.

Dunno where these rumors come from.
When you find out where they come from, its too late. You've already lost it by then.
Old 09-24-2016, 12:19 AM
Planar Protector

Very true nirgon. Very tru.
Old 09-24-2016, 07:04 PM
Sarnak

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by derka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If any expansion should be added it should be PoP, Luclin or at least Dungeons of Norrath. These expansions really helped the game become more group oriented making it more fun, PoP especially. If there would be anything that would create more groups and raiding it would be PoP or LDoN and that is what EQ is really all about-a community of players that rely on each other to explore and have fun in a world of wonder and danger. Not to mention the content in each provided specific enhancements to each class.

PS-AAs would change everything and you would most likely see a high jump in population on the Test server as this was huge back in the day.
how is that the worst Beastlords Aa's and Omens or Discord is when the best class in eq history was introduced Berserker Zerkers!!!
Old 09-27-2016, 04:26 AM
Planar Protector

No new expack, just some added good zones from newer expansions... PoP as some really nice zone that we could use, but please, no Pok/Pot and bazaar...
Old 10-06-2016, 02:19 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread