Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2019, 11:13 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by zillabunny [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Again this is a MULTIPLAYER game... Don't be a weirdo and if someone wants to do a camp share it with them... Group and make a friend!
See, this is what I mean about people trying to steal camps. Lets apply your logic to an example. Millers in Qhills. At this camp you have two mobs, each mob is very close in level, ~25, on a standard outdoor timer, and can drop bronze weapons. Let us say a level 31 enchanter is camping the spawns. The chanter is using standard charm tactics, having no issues. The chanter has no interest in the nearby guards. A level 34 troll Shadow Knight comes and wants to group. Why would the 31 chanter want this? The xp would drop to well below 1/2 of what the xp he was getting before, due to the troll SK's xp penalty and the extra lvl 3 levels he has. Money from bronze drops would be cut in 1/2.

Now, you can say, just split the camp. That is the rules way of handling the problem. SK gets one Miller, chanter gets the other. Here is the issue I have with that, it cripples the chanter. Now, because charm is no longer an option for the chanter, he must resort to his pet. So the chanter goes from two 6min spawns to 1 spawn with his pet eating 1/2 of his xp. Or, 25% of the xp and 1/2 the bronze as soloing both.

Lastly, the guards were never a real option for fixing this problem, as they are on standard 28min guard timers.

Not all camps require groups. That's okay. Not everyone wants to share what they can solo, with good reason.
Old 11-18-2019, 11:19 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You took a picture of your monitor with your phone and couldn't rotate it?
LOL
Old 11-18-2019, 01:04 PM
Sarnak

I'm not offended. Like I said, I didn't try to lawyer anyone IMO. The person refused to share, I politely mentioned my understanding of the rules (without any real expectation of an outcome) was pretty different, they stated their views fairly politely, and then that was that and I sat and waited my turn.

Just interesting to see pretty different interpretations.

Maybe the rules should be edited to be a little more loose. But the staff are all volunteers and can't be everywhere, so perhaps this is the least worst option.
Last edited by Quinas; 11-18-2019 at 01:08 PM..
Old 11-18-2019, 01:37 PM
Sarnak

if PvP this wouldnt be a problem etc etc
Old 11-18-2019, 02:31 PM
Banned

guys, i ended this thread a few pages back. please back read. There should be no more replying to this low int thread.
Old 11-18-2019, 02:36 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaezed-Reality [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
guys, i ended this thread a few pages back. please back read. There should be no more replying to this low int thread.
This isn't your camp. Get out of here I'm clearing the PH.
Old 11-18-2019, 02:58 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuktus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I didn't mean to offend. What I meant to say is that sharing and forcing people to share has been a very common theme in many of the discussions I have been participating in here on the forums.

To your question, yes, you would be in that situation. If someone is able to hold both EEs in gorge, both treants in SK, guards in Lake Rathe, 4 spire gnolls, Millers, toll booth guards, however many Feerrot specs they are claiming, etc, leave them to it. Most players recognize these camps, even if the devs don't. As I said before, if any of these camps were in a dungeon, no one would question they are a camp. The rules exist to make the jobs of the devs easier, so to anyone else who, unlike Mr. Quinas here, will try to lawyer their way into someone else's camp, don't.
Going AFK for over half an hour and calling someone out for taking the camp you were neglecting is kind of a dick move, IMO. Can't say I blame someone for saying something in that situation.

Clearly the issue wasn't whether they could hold the camp down on their own.
Old 11-18-2019, 03:04 PM
Kobold

If you don't engage the PH within a reasonable amount of time, then you forfeit the camp.

It's not entirely clear how long that is, but a GM once suggested 5 mins would be reasonable for a particular camp (think it was Stormfeather?).
Old 11-18-2019, 03:16 PM
Planar Protector

Too late, Phaezed, it has acquired a life of it's own and is now staggering around alternately being funny and sad.
Old 11-18-2019, 03:26 PM
Large Bat

Did you know that there is a magical technique called "screenshot" where you can just press a button and it takes an image of your screen?
There is even a built in program on most machines that can snip or crop parts of the screen so you dont have to crop it yourself

But nah I think I'd rather fumble with my phone and have everyone make fun of me
Closed Thread