Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Should we change classic-mechanics here to allow more guilds access to raid content?
Yes 75 42.13%
No 103 57.87%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 07:38 AM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-09-2012, 07:46 AM
Planar Protector

[QUOTE=fuark;641696]
I experienced all of these raids on live Tarew Marr where we had 5-6 active guilds that all got targets with minimal effort --QUOTE]

I wish this were the case here. This thread wouldn't be needed if 5-6 active guilds were getting targets.
Old 05-09-2012, 08:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuark [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol I have nothing against TMO at all, but I just had to point that there's no way that's true. Interesting thread, but come on now.

24 hours in a day, 10 hours at work, 90 mins in the gym, 8 hours of sleep.

That's 4 1/2 hours of free time in a day, not counting any time you spend with your girlfriend. Not counting driving to/from work. Not counting eating. Not counting going to the store for groceries. Not counting etc, etc. Much less being able to make 50% raid attendance for a guild that kills raid targets at all hours of the week.

I work 8 1/2 hours a day, spend about 90 minutes at the gym every day myself not counting driving time (bbing is my main hobby, 15 mins to gym, 15 mins home from gym), and I BARELY have time to be at the computer for any stretch of time long enough to kill much of anything in a raiding environment. I can solo my way to 60, but even 30-45 minute intervals of unbroken time for raiding are hard to do. Sometimes if I am home around 10 pm at night I can raid for an hour or two at that specific time, but otherwise lol good luck, it's back to AFK mode. Jimes is right, that's why the vast majority of people can only raid some Fear or Hate trash, and then log.

That's why I like being in a casual raid guild, and don't care if TMO gets targets that we don't, because claims like the above simply aren't reality. Again I don't have any personal problems with TMO and none of this matters to me one way or the other -- I experienced all of these raids on live Tarew Marr where we had 5-6 active guilds that all got targets with minimal effort -- but you can't act like you guys are only putting in 15 minutes a day to clear the server of raid mobs with 50% raid attendance.
the 10 hours of work includes my transit time and a little extra, i dont sleep more than 6 hours a day.

its true sorry you don't believe.
fear and hate trash take a whole lot longer to raid then most of TMO's raids
It's pretty clear he's become one of the people he described as No-life Nerds and Server Bullies.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:00 PM
Planar Protector

No offense, but a lot of this thread has turned into red herrings and silly non-classic suggestions that have no chance of being implemented. A lot of you are suggesting things that you'd personally find fun or fair, which is fine, but that's not really the point. You need something that's competitive, actually resembles classic, and isn't a massive deviation from the current system, or else the devs are going to reject it. Obviously I don't speak for them, but I'm pretty confident there's no chance that we're going to have "tokens" any time on this server. I know my post was long but it sucks that no one responded to it, since I feel it was the only one that directly responded to Nilbog's post: http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...&postcount=127

If Nilbog says something like "what would happen if we had simultaneous repops", you should probably talk about repops. Not tokens, or rotations, or anything like that.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Last edited by Lazortag; 05-09-2012 at 01:02 PM..
Old 05-09-2012, 01:09 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazortag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No offense, but a lot of this thread has turned into red herrings and silly non-classic suggestions that have no chance of being implemented. A lot of you are suggesting things that you'd personally find fun or fair, which is fine, but that's not really the point. You need something that's competitive, actually resembles classic, and isn't a massive deviation from the current system, or else the devs are going to reject it. Obviously I don't speak for them, but I'm pretty confident there's no chance that we're going to have "tokens" any time on this server. I know my post was long but it sucks that no one responded to it, since I feel it was the only one that directly responded to Nilbog's post: http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...&postcount=127

If Nilbog says something like "what would happen if we had simultaneous repops", you should probably talk about repops. Not tokens, or rotations, or anything like that.
I like your ideas generally, but I'm not too keen on everything that shares a window spawning at exactly the same time. I prefer the "everything that shares a window spawns within 1 hour of the first mob that spawns."

I guess having 3 or 9 or whatever mobs spawning at the exact same time would help keep 1 guild from getting to all of them, when those mobs spawning randomly over the course of 1 hour would potentially aid 1 guild in getting everything. And I guess that having a 1-hour window of spawns once one mob does spawn would also not help to reduce the tracking requirements as much, since you couldn't just have 1 tracker watching 1 of the 7-day mobs and then when it pops you know they are ALL up.

But I think that this would add a little zest to things that simultaneous spawns does not, especially in the event of a server reset.

Although, nevermind I guess. That 1-hour thing wouldn't really help the more casual guilds much. They'd have to get lucky to know mobs were starting to spawn, whereas the more dedicated guild(s) would have trackers watching multiple potential targets and so would have a better chance of knowing that mobs were popping right at the beginning of the 1-hour spawning window. Plus they are more likely to have tracker alts in position to check up on everything.
Last edited by fischsemmel; 05-09-2012 at 01:22 PM..
Old 05-09-2012, 02:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazortag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

All of these ideas would take away from velious development, and velious is the single best thing that could happen for the raid environment
It's pretty clear he's become one of the people he described as No-life Nerds and Server Bullies.
Old 05-09-2012, 02:58 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarti0001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All of these ideas would take away from velious development, and velious is the single best thing that could happen for the raid environment
An olympic sprinter is slowed down by the 1-ounce necklace that he wears while racing, too. But that isn't what matters. What matters is that is how much it slows him down balanced against how much he wants to wear it.
Old 05-09-2012, 03:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarti0001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Velious will bring its own set of problems/issues to deal with:
Quote:
Originally Posted by falkun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As far as Velious, I'm worried about how the raid scene will work there with our current PNP:
1) HoT (TOV-East) is a section where you DO NOT OPEN THE DOOR, otherwise any force inside will get trained. Since leapfrogging happens here all the time, I can see this being an issue.
2) NToV has many raid mobs, and the ultimate one calls the lesser bosses to his side. If timers/variances/spawns hate you, you could engage Vulak and get a whole 2nd (or more) boss on top of you, which would suck. But maybe that's incentive for greater cooperation within NToV as well.
3) PoG: Tunare, like CT before her, summons the whole zone to her side. I do not know if her spawn respawns her plane the same way CT respawns Fear. If it does not, the guild clearing PoG should have first shot at Tunare, disallowing another guild to leapfrog the guild who spent hours clearing the zone ahead of time.
Old 05-09-2012, 03:21 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
the 10 hours of work includes my transit time and a little extra, i dont sleep more than 6 hours a day.

its true sorry you don't believe.
fear and hate trash take a whole lot longer to raid then most of TMO's raids
Right, but the point was that most people (with the amount of RL things you say you have going on) can only raid for a very specific amount of time, on a specific night, and that's their only opportunity. They can't be part of a hardcore raid guild with over 50% attendance that kills mobs at all hours of the day. When the only thing up on Wednesday night from 9 pm - 11 pm is hate or fear trash, that's all your going to raid. Like I said I don't care at all that TMO gets all the raid targets, but what is ridiculous is seeing hardcore members claiming they apparently play less than everyone else too.
Kill Mulder, we take the risk of turning one man's quest into a crusade.
Old 05-09-2012, 03:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischsemmel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
An olympic sprinter is slowed down by the 1-ounce necklace that he wears while racing, too. But that isn't what matters. What matters is that is how much it slows him down balanced against how much he wants to wear it.
Velious was designed as a raid expansion, it has double if not more raid "bosses" then are currently available, also 4 armor farming sections. This spread out content esp when coupled with older dontent. Once velius is released it would be a good idea to reasses the raid scence but probably not before
Closed Thread