Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2015, 11:51 AM
Planar Protector

Default Coming clean, because why not?

Very much TLDR; you were warned. Preemptive R&F because "lol obviously." In the footsteps of Calabee and Nordenwatch before me:

I'm an RMTer! More than once, too. And I've brutally mistreated someone who I got to know very well ingame (and I guess everyone, less directly, via the RMT, except for the government, to whom I paid misc/hobby income tax for my RMT profits... heh).

Main characters I have created over the years on blue: Lectral Tearweeper, Belwig Bracket, Fischsemmel, Muiriol Haagesbarb, Namegen Isterrible, Sakkra Sssla, Bewkif, Tecmos Deception, Baldurs Gate, Solomancer, Goatbone, Bewkif again because whoever got the account after me apparently deleted that character, Igpay Atinlay, Bristlebard. And on red: Tecmos Deception, Unfortunate Son. That's mostly in the correct timeline order, though I may have missed a couple since that IS quite a few characters to have up to 50+. The only ones I know I have access to anymore are Unfortunate on red (who is actually in TMO for the next 3, 2, 1...) and Bristlebard on blue.

Lectral was my first character on blue, back in mid to late classic, and named after my main on live from Saryrn (a chanter). I made some buddies whose names I've forgotten who started me on the path of solo farming fun in lguk, soloing every mob in the dead side as a 50 necro back when lull and FD+charm mechanics were a bit different than they are now.

Shortly into Kunark my I got frustrated trying to solo outdoor zones full of people in hopes of getting 51+ spell drops for my necro, and I sold sacs to Stealin to twink a cleric with like 30k of gear.

Belwig ended up joining BDA after a mostly-solo leveling career, grouped some with them, and then I quit p99 for several months.

Fischsemmel was up next, twinked with proceeds of previous items and the sale of my old account, which still is active and owned by someone in TMO the last I knew. Leveled via AE which has given me radial tunnel syndrome, I'm fairly certain. In the late 40s I met Kelendil's rogue, Helki, who taught me about low-hp kiting. We were not the first to do this, but we were among the first, and we leveled in DL, BW, and skyfire (yes, we were awesome, we did low-hp AEing in skyfire with a rogue and a bard after normal AE groups in skyfire weren't doable anymore). I apped TMO, Kel endorsed me, I raided quite a bit and tracked a ton while not paying as much attention to RL as I should have, got some items, then sold those items and my account to move on to new characters (I was frustrated, thinking that I didn't have enough to do to keep me entertained on the bard... I really just wasn't nearly as good of a bard as someone like Zanderr so I never realized all the options I had, even solo, with my bard).

Then I wronged Kelendil. Grievously. I had some of his account info from our leveling adventures, and I stole some gear off of a druid that I believe was his after I disappeared to my next set of characters. I also hijacked his rogue's account, and more recently sold sacrifices of that rogue to fund my newest restart on blue after my Tecmos RMT that happened towards the end of last year. I was almost totally without a conscience, and the little conscience I had, I totally disregarded.

This is also the point of my first RMT I think? A few hundred k via richgirl, iirc, though I kept playing with half of my assets on the next characters listed above and never felt any repercussions from the RMT or the more heinous things I did to poor Kelendil. If you're reading Kel, I'd say I'm sorry, except that it's far to late to try to apologize and I doubt you'd want to hear it anyways.

I went through a rogue (who actually hit 60 eventually, and who was the reason I created my enchanter since it was such a pain to get through the late 50s being so reliant on groups), a shaman, a monk, and a shadowknight without doing much of anything on any of them except learning I didn't love any of those classes enough to stick with them.

Then, Tecmos. Yay Tecmos. I'm even dumber for not having made an enchanter as my first character on p99 than I am for all the other dumb things I've done on p99 combined. I love enchanters. I love them even more now that I've learned so much more about mechanics, zones, and the class by having played Tecmos for as long as I did. I made something like 2-2.5 million plat and decked out Tecmos and my next few characters on blue over the course of 2013-2014 before I RMTed everything through platlord.

I only stayed quit for like... 3-4 months though, before I tried a bard again on blue and gave up on him around 50 and then tried a cleric again on red. I quit again for a few months, then came back on red when summer started and joined TMO again (why not do everything I do a few times? I'm still playing a game I first played half of my life ago, after all).

I think that brings any of you who cared to read all of this up to date. I'm just a bit too busy IRL to play my cleric enough that I would be able to raid much with TMO in Velious even if by divine intervention they don't instantly remove my cleric from the guild. Plus I keep getting so frustrated when I play with enchanters or read about soloing on the forums that I really think I need to play an enchanter again... and if I did that it would only be a matter of time before a lot of people realized I was Tecmos anyways. And while I'm at revealing I'm still here and making a new guy again again, I figured I might as well give you all my p99life story.

It's been quite a ride so far. Here's to hoping I don't get IP banned (I'm too lazy to... oh, I just remembered I've boxed also, with most of my accounts here or there, sometimes for a xfer, sometimes actually to play, phone tether on laptop and desktop as normal... in fact I managed to solo low-hp AE pulls in skyfire with my bard by boxing my bard and a level 20ish druid, lol. And I think I almost got busted once, cause I was crossing EC on a character immediately after boxing a xfer in the EC tunnel and Sirken or another GM popped in right next to me but never ended up saying/doing anything. Anyway, I'm too lazy to learn about circumventing an IP ban unless my ISP changes my IP or something).

Hi to everyone I've really enjoyed playing with. Judge me how you will; I won't try to defend or justify anything I've done.
Old 07-16-2015, 11:53 AM
Fire Giant

If nothing else, hopefully I'm not too ancient of history that R&F doesn't appreciate this thread.
Old 07-16-2015, 11:57 AM
Banned

come play with us on red in tmo pal, u are a good player
Old 07-16-2015, 12:01 PM
Aviak

I am on red in TMO.
Old 07-16-2015, 12:03 PM
Aviak

Well, I'm an applicant.
Old 07-16-2015, 12:07 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Welcome on red, did you ever meet Sektor? I bet you guys could talk about some stuff.
Old 07-16-2015, 12:08 PM
Planar Protector

Pluto should be a planet damnit
Old 07-16-2015, 12:08 PM
Banned

in
Old 07-16-2015, 12:09 PM
Planar Protector

Don't go yet. Could you please give me the plat you have? I need it.
Old 07-16-2015, 12:11 PM
Planar Protector

Lol
Closed Thread