Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 07:18 PM
Aviak

Default Server-Wide ooc

With a population of 1/4-ish a normal-ish server the ooc channel has kinda turned into a giant chat channel with enough warm bodies as to attract people who get a kick out of saying "PENIS". I have a hunch that those same people wouldn't find a zone specific chat channel as fulfilling.

Getting rid of the server wide auction channel would bring the EC tunnel back to life, and would probably have some sort of impact on people farming things, since you can't sit in EC and farm lower guk at the same time. Might be a good or a bad thing. /shrug

Izzni
Old 03-18-2010, 07:21 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Finawin

WE NEED MORE OOC TOPICS

No, do a search and gtfo. Thanks.
Old 03-18-2010, 07:22 PM
Skeleton

http://project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=3942
Old 03-18-2010, 07:27 PM
Aviak

What a friendly forum.
Old 03-18-2010, 07:38 PM
Skeleton

Hey, I was being helpful. Specifics of Finawin's post aside, I wonder which other forums would treat kindly a new thread created on a hot button issue about which there's already large thread that's not a week old. That thread is also the third largest in this sub forum, and it has a poll.
Last edited by Clinicus; 03-18-2010 at 07:40 PM.. Reason: can't spell
Old 03-18-2010, 08:03 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Finawin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzni [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What a friendly forum.
I'm sorry, but we got like 5 of these already. It really is "forums 101" to do a search before posting.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:11 PM
Planar Protector

Finawin stfu dude.

Just coz you liek your barrens chat doesn't mean the rest of us do.

Personally, I wish more people would make these 'shut down global /ooc' threads, coz global ooc is fucktarded.

What we say does not dictate what the GM staff does, but if enough people are obviously against something, the chances of it changing are probably higher.

If you don't like it, why don't you try stating why, or quoting yourself where you have already said why. You're attacking someone who is obviously new, and that's pretty lame.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:21 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbinbad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Finawin stfu dude.

Just coz you liek your barrens chat doesn't mean the rest of us do.

Personally, I wish more people would make these 'shut down global /ooc' threads, coz global ooc is fucktarded.

What we say does not dictate what the GM staff does, but if enough people are obviously against something, the chances of it changing are probably higher.

If you don't like it, why don't you try stating why, or quoting yourself where you have already said why. You're attacking someone who is obviously new, and that's pretty lame.
He could have been less of a dick about it but everyone made their points about it in the other, super long thread.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:34 PM
Fire Giant

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

This is why OOC needs to either be turned off, or monitored/fixed in SOME way, because this is bullshit.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:36 PM
Kobold

I FINALLY logged in today after browsing the forums for several weeks. I had a hunch things would be rough but I had no idea it would be that bad. The server wide /ooc shit has to go and that's that. Also the forum personal attacks. It's funny for a day or two but it gets old real quick. I'm only one person and I doubt anyone gives a shit about my presence in the game but seriously, this server is going to suffer unless some sort of moderation is put into effect. Leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I'm trying really hard to enjoy classic EQ but it's not happening.
Closed Thread