Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 08-26-2022, 01:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I take it in this instance VD doesn’t stand for Venereal Disease.

What does it stand for?
https://wiki.project1999.com/Vessel_Drozlin
Old 08-31-2022, 09:39 PM
Sarnak

Here is how I got my VD on Callingshots...

Buff up and park your enc in Cabilis and forget about them. Keep them there until that fateful day that you are online or very very close to your computer the moment a quake hits. Don't go raiding with your guild, log in your enc and go kill VD.

Piss on the farm crew and waiting around for a 7 day random. I did it for months and months only to watch him be taken down by whole groups idling on the spawn, farmers taking shifts and even a few lucky mofos that walked in and had a spawn with in an hour (including a guildmate on his monk).

Lvl 59, wand of allure, trooper or crusader, dispell, mem blur, bedlam or rune pet, rinse repeat etc. etc. etc...

Good luck chanters!

P.S. I know this is unrelated to the mage epic, just offering some help to the above posters mentioning this struggle!
Last edited by Jorgam; 08-31-2022 at 09:46 PM..
Old 09-01-2022, 05:44 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorgam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here is how I got my VD on Callingshots...

Buff up and park your enc in Cabilis and forget about them. Keep them there until that fateful day that you are online or very very close to your computer the moment a quake hits. Don't go raiding with your guild, log in your enc and go kill VD.

Piss on the farm crew and waiting around for a 7 day random. I did it for months and months only to watch him be taken down by whole groups idling on the spawn, farmers taking shifts and even a few lucky mofos that walked in and had a spawn with in an hour (including a guildmate on his monk).

Lvl 59, wand of allure, trooper or crusader, dispell, mem blur, bedlam or rune pet, rinse repeat etc. etc. etc...

Good luck chanters!

P.S. I know this is unrelated to the mage epic, just offering some help to the above posters mentioning this struggle!
Is it really that bad on blue? On green there's usually a couple watchers parked at worse. In a month I had 2 shots at him from natural spawns. Died first round to some bad rng,but super easy round 2.
Old 09-01-2022, 07:15 AM
Planar Protector

That's because green is a dying server that no one cares about anymore.
Old 09-01-2022, 07:34 AM
Fire Giant

That's strange,since it always has more pop than blue
Old 09-08-2022, 03:16 PM
Banned

I've heard the Mage epic gets nerfed later on.

That hasn't happened yet on P99, right?

So if you DO get the Mage epic, you're pretty much morbidly a beast and can take on anything and everything.
Old 09-08-2022, 06:47 PM
Kobold

The nerf happened a while back. Not to say there wont be more.
Old 09-10-2022, 11:15 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've heard the Mage epic gets nerfed later on.

That hasn't happened yet on P99, right?

So if you DO get the Mage epic, you're pretty much morbidly a beast and can take on anything and everything.
Hardly. Before chain petting was nerfed it was better but now the Mage epic gives you the ability to solo faster, it doesn't allow you to solo anything you couldn't before
Old 09-14-2022, 06:00 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hardly. Before chain petting was nerfed it was better but now the Mage epic gives you the ability to solo faster, it doesn't allow you to solo anything you couldn't before
Sebelis is quite rough to solo as a mage pre epic, post epic, I do it all the time.

( of course depending on what your trying to solo but NG for example (at least the bugs))

Last edit... also ... You still have to be creative sometimes. If it's a tripple mob spawn on the way to NG, send pet, run by, camp at safe spot, relog. Resume. Just solo mobs or duo the mobs you need to depending on the situation.
Last edited by Hetjan; 09-14-2022 at 06:02 PM..
Old 09-28-2022, 09:02 AM
Sarnak

i would learn how to play the class first. theres only a couple summoning mobs that you can kill with it that you coudn't kill without. you'll never be a enchanter/shaman solo artist. you'll be coth ducking or summoning rods for clerics, with or without epic. best case scenario you stop carrying malachite which in reality you just start to carry more pearls.