Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 09-29-2022, 03:07 PM
Fire Giant

My first ever toon got dropped by the boat in TD, back in 2000. Level 20 Dwarf Warrior with hard-earned small scarab armor. I died in the water. Tried to have a friend help me (we were both 13) to no success.

I didn;t know that I could petition to have GMs recover it. I let the corpse rot, and rerolled a new toon instead.

One of my fondest EQ memories
Old 09-29-2022, 03:38 PM
Planar Protector

Isn't one of the problems with the boats that there's only one in OOT when there should be two, so the wait time is too long?

I don't know I haven't taken a boat in a while.
Old 09-29-2022, 04:13 PM
Planar Protector

Just open the zone lines to allow you swim/run through.
Old 09-29-2022, 04:38 PM
Sarnak

Consider it a shipwreck. It’s a hard knock life.
Old 09-30-2022, 01:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSparkle001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Isn't one of the problems with the boats that there's only one in OOT when there should be two, so the wait time is too long?

I don't know I haven't taken a boat in a while.
Don’t believe so.

The boat does go the opposite direction of what it did on classic but that makes sense. On classic when coming from Freeport the boat somehow went east to west across OOT. Now it goes the right direction.
Old 09-30-2022, 07:19 PM
Planar Protector

He's correct, cd288. The Ocean of Tears route was changed sometime Kunark-Velious period to two ships on separate westbound and eastbound routes. It was easy to tell there were multiple ships because they were targetable and had individual names. You can probably find a rough estimate of the time of the change someplace on the internet archive. I think Erud's Crossing was also tinkered with but I don't remember that one very well, didn't go there so often.

Kind of miss the original ship models (we have the beta ship on P99) and the music that played when you were on them. The original ship models don't work, collision is apparently fubar, maybe they could be fixed by someone with the know-how since some other broken things like helm transparency were fixed by various community members.

Given staff turnover throughout the years, I am not sure whether the person who originally got the ships working is even with P99 anymore. when P99 opened they didn't work right and we had translocators for awhile. My oldest character still has the /say macros they required.

Danth