Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 10-01-2022, 12:57 PM
Banned

There's that comic series Trees, where the aliens are just... giant trees that don't even seem to notice that there's life on Earth at all when they get here. Because they're trees.

I find the concept of aliens being fundamentally alien the most interesting. Like, we don't recognize them as life, they don't recognize us as life, if at all. I often wonder if we've already met aliens but it didn't occur to us that was life.
Old 10-01-2022, 12:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wake of Karana and it's not a toggle. You can only make it stop.
Damn how did I not remember this
Old 10-01-2022, 12:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basanos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's that comic series Trees, where the aliens are just... giant trees that don't even seem to notice that there's life on Earth at all when they get here. Because they're trees.

I find the concept of aliens being fundamentally alien the most interesting. Like, we don't recognize them as life, they don't recognize us as life, if at all. I often wonder if we've already met aliens but it didn't occur to us that was life.
Russians
Old 10-01-2022, 02:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basanos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Im 100% positive when your dog looks at you it's thinking, "come on boy, you can do it, say bark, say it!"

Consciousness is a mirror and everything is conscious.

Of course.... we're the only ones that the sun kills and exchange money for strength thereby usurping evolution.

But aside from that, there is no difference.
Last edited by Jibartik; 10-01-2022 at 02:37 PM..
Old 10-01-2022, 09:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not sure if this scene shows it but he had a device tapping on his ankle

Edit: supposedly they don’t check people’s shoes, I heard Hikaru GM say. Of course now they probably will
Bah gawd I swear it's Richard Reid all over again!
Old 10-03-2022, 12:40 AM
Banned

Quote:
what scares you
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3F9AB7E8-D114-4061-B575-6456A5117C28.jpg (21.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-03-2022, 10:34 AM
Banned

those dolls look like they have souls trapped inside them
Old 10-21-2022, 09:20 PM
Banned

Hans Cheater is suing Magnus, Chess.com, even GM Hikaru for a quadrillion dollars

Do you know how often UFC fighters accuse each other of cheating via doping? Like every fuckin day. Pro sports athletes accuse each other of cheating all the time

Why is this different again? And what’s wrong about voicing a SUSPICION of cheating? Last I heard defamation requires knowing something isn’t true and saying it anyway

Free speech isn’t free in sue-happy America

https://www.npr.org/2022/10/21/11304...-of-defamation
Old 10-21-2022, 10:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hans Cheater is suing Magnus, Chess.com, even GM Hikaru for a quadrillion dollars

Do you know how often UFC fighters accuse each other of cheating via doping? Like every fuckin day. Pro sports athletes accuse each other of cheating all the time

Why is this different again? And what’s wrong about voicing a SUSPICION of cheating? Last I heard defamation requires knowing something isn’t true and saying it anyway

Free speech isn’t free in sue-happy America

https://www.npr.org/2022/10/21/11304...-of-defamation
An American named Hans? Sounds like a cheater to me

Plus he has curly hair. Guilty
Old 10-21-2022, 10:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaveh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Plus he has curly hair. Guilty