Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 10-02-2022, 02:32 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Exclamation Steam Deck / "Unable to Load World" - "load_obj.s3d"

I've been running P99 on the Steam Deck successfully for the last few weeks in desktop mode with BT keyboard and mouse. Today when I tried to log on, I got the above mentioned error after choosing either blue or green servers. Any advice to correct this?
I tried copying over the mentioned file from a clean Titanium source on a flash drive with no success.
Old 10-02-2022, 08:10 AM
Planar Protector

I just checked on mine - no issues on stable firmware with proton 7.0-4. Maybe just try copying another working install over, and moving your eqclient.ini and characters ini's so you don't have to redo the UI?

-Mcoy
Old 10-05-2022, 10:56 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I just ran into this issue myself attempting to get things running on a Mac via Parallels - did you end up finding a solution?
Old 10-07-2022, 12:52 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I've had no luck. I tried replacing the file in question from another source... No luck. I've transferred over an updated folder of EverQuest from my PC which I confirmed to work before transferring... No luck. I'm at a loss... It was working great prior to me posting this without any changes on my part.
Old 10-07-2022, 02:47 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Humm - not sure this will help with the steam deck, but I got my issue worked out. I had to move the EQ files into a drive on my virtual install of windows (in parallels). Attempting to just run the files from outside the virtual machine disk seemed to be the issue.
Old 10-07-2022, 11:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannav82 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've had no luck. I tried replacing the file in question from another source... No luck. I've transferred over an updated folder of EverQuest from my PC which I confirmed to work before transferring... No luck. I'm at a loss... It was working great prior to me posting this without any changes on my part.
Does your working install use dgvoodoo2? I have those dll's in my eq folder that I copied to the deck.

-Mcoy
Old 10-07-2022, 05:04 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I checked my EQ folder and don't have the "dgvoodoo2.dll". I logged into P99 via the PC that I transferred the folder from and was able to log in without issue. It appears the issue is within the Deck. I'm not sure why it was working fine and then stopped, other than an update issue on either the Deck or P99 server side. Any help resolving this is appreciated.
Old 10-07-2022, 07:07 PM
Planar Protector

Search the forums for dgvoodoo2. It's directx dlls that intercept the calls to the system's directx and do a better job converting to the relatively ancient ones EQ uses. I use it on my laptop because it works better with the graphics switching nonsense, perhaps it's helping my steamdeck compatibility?

-Mcoy
Old 10-14-2022, 03:23 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

So, I got it working again. I can't narrow down what corrected it. I hadn't made any changes to my Steam Deck before the issue occurred, it just seemed to happen out of no where.
That said, I factory reset my Deck, completed all updates on stable, installed ProtonQT with newest build, but this time... Placed the updated EQ folder onto my SD card instead of the desktop of SteamOS.
If you run into similar issues, don't jump to factory reset... Just move entire folder to SD card and see if that corrects your issue (ensure you change the necessary information to direct gameplay to the appropriate location).