Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2022, 09:37 PM
Planar Protector

If they're ALL lame it's probably a reflection of some sort of limitation of the format.
Old 10-05-2022, 09:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wonder who is really calling the shots.

We'll probably never know.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] https://youtu.be/gYT8nXRGubY?t=44
Old 10-05-2022, 10:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaveh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You’re bald, single, and 40, correct?
Well currently dating multiple women but not exclusive with any yes

But if you and I made a dating site profile, I bet I could design one for myself or for yourself that would get you more messages AND more dates

Bald has nothing to do with lifestyle, it’s inherited male pattern baldness
Old 10-05-2022, 10:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Those folks are I suspect not looking for the same things you are, so perhaps the comments are doing their job, after all. Filtering out people with very different end-goals right off the bat seems like a prudent action. I get the impression, overall, that trying to find someone via online dating sites seems even worse than trying to meet somebody at someplace awful like a bar.
Nah, a lot of my family members have found healthy happy marriages from dating sites
Old 10-05-2022, 10:12 PM
Banned

I think some people here’s brains are breaking trying to understand how I prefer to stay un-married and childless. Sorry, this isn’t changing

My personal preferences are not a reflection of dating sites as a whole. They are also not the preferences of MOST people on dating sites. Regardless of what your goal is, I could offer some insight on how to be effective with it
Old 10-05-2022, 11:06 PM
Banned

I’ll touch on this a bit more:

The difference between myself, Danth, and Kaveh, is that I am not constantly trying to push my single childless lifestyle on others like they are theirs as a married parent. The stronger someone tries to convince others their life choices were better, the more insecure they come across to me. Normally parents would often seek validation THROUGH their children, which is also something I personally don’t agree with: this idea that I’ll raise my kids to accomplish what I couldn’t in life and then it will be like I accomplished those things

I think everyone should be free to live their life their own way, and no life is somehow measurably “better” than another. So when I offer advice on how to get more messages and more dates from dating apps, what you do with those dates is entirely up to you. If you tell your date on the first date you really want to get married and have kids one day, that’s great, that will also probably help you, because like I said most people on dating sites have that same goal. Initially, you want to meet the most people you can, and then decide if your goals align or not

People here can feel free to tell me about their lovely marriage and kids, that’s not doing anything to change my mindset on what I want to do. You can try the tactic my family uses of warning me about being old and still single, not worried about that outcome because as soon as I decide to change that I can. Having kids only to have a sort of indentured servant to take care of me in my old age is a shitty reason to have kids if it’s your only reason, so that angle of attack falls short as well

I don’t really know what else can be said to try to change my mind but I don’t mind if you keep trying. I do still listen. But you are spinning your wheels not getting anywhere, just want you to know
Old 10-05-2022, 11:29 PM
Planar Protector

Hershel Walker is being shamed for mastering the best of both ways.
Old 10-05-2022, 11:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’ll touch on this a bit more:

The difference between myself, Danth, and Kaveh, is that I am not constantly trying to push my single childless lifestyle on others like they are theirs as a married parent. The stronger someone tries to convince others their life choices were better, the more insecure they come across to me. Normally parents would often seek validation THROUGH their children, which is also something I personally don’t agree with: this idea that I’ll raise my kids to accomplish what I couldn’t in life and then it will be like I accomplished those things

I think everyone should be free to live their life their own way, and no life is somehow measurably “better” than another. So when I offer advice on how to get more messages and more dates from dating apps, what you do with those dates is entirely up to you. If you tell your date on the first date you really want to get married and have kids one day, that’s great, that will also probably help you, because like I said most people on dating sites have that same goal. Initially, you want to meet the most people you can, and then decide if your goals align or not

People here can feel free to tell me about their lovely marriage and kids, that’s not doing anything to change my mindset on what I want to do. You can try the tactic my family uses of warning me about being old and still single, not worried about that outcome because as soon as I decide to change that I can. Having kids only to have a sort of indentured servant to take care of me in my old age is a shitty reason to have kids if it’s your only reason, so that angle of attack falls short as well

I don’t really know what else can be said to try to change my mind but I don’t mind if you keep trying. I do still listen. But you are spinning your wheels not getting anywhere, just want you to know
I’m just making fun of you dude

Grow a pair

But yes me and danth have done more for the United States than you. Being childless is selfish. Raising bad kids is worse than selfish. There is only one path to heaven and few there be that find it

See you in hell. Just kidding, me and danth will be smiling down from Valhalla.
Old 10-06-2022, 12:16 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaveh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Raising bad kids is worse than selfish
This is the part that I find the most important here, because any God that wants to send me to hell for not having a kid isn’t a God I would want to worship anyway. All the fun people will be in hell with me

For every proud happy parent bragging about it on an elf sim there are 3 others who resented and neglected their shitty kids who now have nothing to do with them

I could tonight if I wanted to find an average looking lonely approaching middle aged woman at a bar, get her drunk, convince her I am in love with her and want to start a family with her, and get her knocked up. If pregnancy is the main goal

The only lifestyle choice I will strongly advocate for and attempt to push on others is exercise, and it’s certainly not for any validation. If anything the more people who approach and surpass my fitness level, the closer the center of the bell curve I get pushed and the less accomplished I look. So encouraging others to be active actually works against me standing out

I do it because I think it has a far stronger certainty of a life of heath and happiness than a pregnancy or even marriage does
Old 10-06-2022, 12:17 AM
Planar Protector

yeah its worth mentioning that dating sites are not in the business of creating good matches.

If their algorithms were designed to locate and pair soul mates together, then they would go out of business, or experience vastly reduced subscriptions to their platforms.

dating sites are built and tuned to set you up with someone halfway compatible, get you laid a few times, and then make you return to the platform seeking another mate. because while that girl was good in bed, she has shitloads of baggage, or stalks you at work, or whatever.

If anyone ever finds their soul mate on a dating app, that was an accident and unintended by the platform. Its all about subscriptions, same reason it takes months to casually level 1-60.

Match Group Holdings stock would be in the toilet if they were in the business of pairing up healthy well balanced people.
Closed Thread