Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 08-17-2022, 04:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's been no new info on this since green launch as far as I know.
Thanks. Always worth checking, gotta broaden the net ya know
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 08-17-2022, 05:16 PM
Planar Protector

What I'd like to see, personally, is a bunch of real PvP lovers starting characters on Green, flagging them for PvP, and then actually fighting with each other.

If that happened, everyone on the server would see PvP happening. They might get interested in it, and flag a toon themselves. Ultimately it could catch on, the staff would actually see a demand for PvP, and as a result they'd either implement /guildwar (sort of like adding Red to Green), or maybe even implement a whole new Red.

However, I suspect the reality is that there are very few such folks, and most of them are simply griefers who have no interest in the above.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 08-17-2022 at 05:18 PM..
Old 08-17-2022, 08:39 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah there’s no reason to be pvp flagged on a blue server. Good suggestion but it only shows the fact that you need to jump into a fresh red server to understand what it’s like. When folks like yourself and I are on a pvp server we create social rules of our own to govern when pvp happens. Griefers are a thing but the players can choose whether or not bad behavior is acceptable.

Pvp servers aren’t strictly about pvp combat they are about all of the elements of EverQuest that suddenly have value when pvp is enabled. Resist items, expendable potions, far off zones to avoid grief. The entire game opens up.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 08-17-2022, 09:18 PM
Planar Protector

My point is, the same five people repeating "where's Red 2.0" doesn't seem to be convincing the staff.

You guys need a "protest" (of sorts) to draw attention to your cause, raise the profile of EQ PvP, and convince the staff that a playable population (ie. not just the same five in the forums) really do want a new PvP server. PvPing on Green would be that "protest".

If I were the staff, I wouldn't want to waste all the time it would take to make Red 2.0 just so the same griefers from Red 1.0 can chase everyone else off it. By showing that you can engage the community, and grow the PvPing population, you could (potentially) convince them.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 08-17-2022 at 09:21 PM..
Old 08-17-2022, 10:50 PM
Planar Protector

Interesting take that seems totally baseless.

A pvp server here can be ran and managed however the staff chooses to manage it. A fresh start server is a service to the entire community and a fresh start pvp server offers a unique approach to EverQuest that offers a much more dynamic and organic environment, that as I mentioned before basically doubles the amount of spells you need to be aware of and more than doubles the useful equipment list, and the hunting areas.

Unrest might be the best exp but there is a lot of combat.

The server isn’t for 5 psychos it is for everyone that wants to try a fresh eq in a way that makes the game more dynamic.

Jousting in the tunnel has nothing to do with it.
Lost but not forgotten.
Last edited by Gustoo; 08-17-2022 at 10:58 PM..
Old 08-18-2022, 01:05 AM
Planar Protector

Honestly, i’d love there to be a pvp community on green. For a while there was a few of us rednaming around Qeynos. It was good fun.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 08-19-2022, 03:33 AM
Planar Protector

3-way teams server with gear/buffs that scale based on level and an auto-balancing mechanism for the teams, so no faction would ever become irrelevant or totally take over the game, would be a good starting point. With an exp bonus, small level range for PvP, and Loot and Scoot policy - which can be implemented into the game as a direct flag to make it ironclad, I'd think a lot of PvE'ers could get more interested in a PvP server.

Another idea would be to make dungeons and certain outdoor zones PvP, but leave the others as PvE. Anything to get more people into some kind of PvP and to have a Raid scene that isn't dogshit.
Old 08-19-2022, 04:12 PM
Planar Protector

Man, those are all good ideas.

I wish they would try -any- of the ideas for a set timeline like 3 years before merging and resetting to new rules or same rules depending on how well the first one worked.

And open to changing rules mid server cycle if they need fixing.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 08-19-2022, 04:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My point is, the same five people repeating "where's Red 2.0" doesn't seem to be convincing the staff.
One might even be able to say the same thing about enchanter nerfs [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

PVPs biggest problem IMO i that it is optional though, so you end up only a certain type of person doing it, while the rest of the player base flogs themslves like a priest in the da vinchi code doing pve.

The self mutilation an eq player goes through, makes me confident if you forced them to do PVP to raid, they will and they would enjoy it more, because you'd have less of 1 demographic (pcyopath) being flagged for pvp.
Last edited by Jibartik; 08-19-2022 at 04:32 PM..
Old 08-19-2022, 04:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One might even be able to say the same thing about enchanter nerfs [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Never give up hope of this place getting more classic. I still have faith in Nilbog and his desire to make things here accurate no matter how many people get pissed off, so I eagerly await the day that the channeling fix hits (or anything else to make this place more classic).