Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 09-29-2022, 07:03 PM
Banned

I prefer this one, it's an honest, unflinching look at PUA scams for what they are. Meant to part the lonely with their money.

Old 09-29-2022, 07:11 PM
Planar Protector

That video is all fun and games until you find out he fucked your mom.
Old 09-29-2022, 07:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basanos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I prefer this one, it's an honest, unflinching look at PUA scams for what they are. Meant to part the lonely with their money.
Anytime someone is charging for basic self-help advice on any topic that anyone could already look up online, it’s always a scam

There’s conversation starters and pick up line ideas all over the internet. I read and memorize interesting questions to ask dates beforehand sometimes. I 100% will look up interesting questions to ask them on dating sites once we start messaging. All that information is available for free. Anyone charging for it is trying to rip you off

Also, if you act too far outside your personality on a date, you are eventually going to have to revert back to yourself, and probably long before you hook up. I consider putting on a fake personality the same as catfishing. It’s scummy
Old 09-29-2022, 07:21 PM
Banned

I can't ever remember thinking of a deliberate strategy before a date, but I've been in a consistent relationship of some kind since 2004. My memories are pretty spotty from about 2000-2013 because of rampant drug abuse, though, so it checks out.

But hey, if it takes strategy, and everyone's having a good time, then rock them lines. I never got anywhere with deliberate pickup lines, but I did used to memorize jokes before parties or whatever.

My wife now, when we met, I had mentioned that I was embarrassed about having a zit on my mouth during casual conversation. I told her it was probably herpes. We've been together since.
Old 09-29-2022, 07:24 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-29-2022, 07:25 PM
Planar Protector

When i was in highschool there was this girl I was into, she seemed to like real shitty people who treated her like shit.

She was my good friend, I was totally in the friendzone. So I started like negging her all the time, everything she said Id have some insulting comeback to make her the butt of the joke.

We were walking down the street one day and she starts looking at me different then says, idk what it is about you lately..

and we were in a relationship the next week.

I tried to get together with her for like 2 years treating her like the hero I believed she was lol
Old 09-29-2022, 07:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basanos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can't ever remember thinking of a deliberate strategy before a date, but I've been in a consistent relationship of some kind since 2004. My memories are pretty spotty from about 2000-2013 because of rampant drug abuse, though, so it checks out.

But hey, if it takes strategy, and everyone's having a good time, then rock them lines. I never got anywhere with deliberate pickup lines, but I did used to memorize jokes before parties or whatever.

My wife now, when we met, I had mentioned that I was embarrassed about having a zit on my mouth during casual conversation. I told her it was probably herpes. We've been together since.
I don’t really look up pick up lines. I prefer for conversations to happen more organically than walking up and firing off some cheesy line

I DO look up interesting questions and only use them during lulls in the conversation while on dates. Something like “ok, I have kind an unusual question for you, do you have any particular pet peeves?” Or “do you have any guilty pleasures?”

I got the idea from a girl I was messaging on bumble. I had just finished asking what part of town she was living in and what she did for work, and her answers were really short and she seemed annoyed (keep in mind this was online though). Then she responded with “I’m sorry for being rude, I’ve been on these sites a long time and I get tired of answering the same questions over and over”

It ultimately didn’t work out with her, but it gave me the idea to ask interesting, unusual questions sometimes to mix things up. But I wasn’t clever enough to come up with my own always. So I would a few up ahead of time. It shouldn’t be the entire approach though, only a few minutes filler

Lol I get mouth zits too. Always a gamble to point one out, because if they didn’t notice it before now they for sure will. Glad it worked out for you though [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].
Old 09-29-2022, 07:34 PM
Banned

and then, everybody clapped
Old 09-29-2022, 07:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When i was in highschool there was this girl I was into, she seemed to like real shitty people who treated her like shit.

She was my good friend, I was totally in the friendzone. So I started like negging her all the time, everything she said Id have some insulting comeback to make her the butt of the joke.

We were walking down the street one day and she starts looking at me different then says, idk what it is about you lately..

and we were in a relationship the next week.

I tried to get together with her for like 2 years treating her like the hero I believed she was lol
I’ve heard this echo’d a lot, that girls like guys who treat them like shit

I don’t like it, it runs contrary to my personality. Like I said, you have to revert back to yourself sometime. Can’t be fake around someone 100% of the time, that’s just weird

I think it is a benefit to seem cool and aloof rather than clingy. Playing hard to get tends to more for a guy than easy to get. But I think as women get older especially, they are less interested in jerks unless those jerks are hot and/or rich
Old 09-29-2022, 07:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chortles Snortles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
and then, everybody clapped
Everyone clapped after the girl was rude to me on bumble because I asked boring questions and ultimately ghosted me?

Damn quite a cruel crowd then huh. Next time read the post [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]