Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2021, 08:07 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Agreed, selling magic items is lame.

Raw-hide, ring, bronze - stuff looted from NPCs should all have -ve charisma. It will stink, be battered and beaten from when it's wearer was slain. An elf wearing some goblin chain is freaky.

It should be much heavier than vendor bought / tradeskilled items - those would be fitted to the wearer and so less encumbering than something pulled off a corpse.

I'm happy for tradeskill components, tradeskill created items and items vendors sell by default to remain tradable (including any magic items they sell like potions and so on). The economy should be based on farming trade skill components and selling the created items.
Pretty good input :d
Old 04-25-2021, 04:14 PM
Banned

Wouldlike 2 add farming, gardening, bee, tree breeding, aquaculture, and ecosystems 2 it as well.
Old 04-25-2021, 04:32 PM
Planar Protector

The quality of the animal pelts represent the quality of their habitats ecosystem.

Sure, you could set up a pussy farm to make some tatty leather, but if you want the superb stuff that cougar has to have a rich and varied diet, clean water and air, etc.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 04-25-2021, 04:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The quality of the animal pelts represent the quality of their habitats ecosystem.

Sure, you could set up a pussy farm to make some tatty leather, but if you want the superb stuff that cougar has to have a rich and varied diet, clean water and air, etc.
Omg would bring a whole new dimension to druids n rangers. Vs dwarves n gnomes n goblins
Old 04-25-2021, 05:52 PM
Planar Protector

I want p99 but with more karanas and the ability to build farm houses like in valheim.
Old 04-25-2021, 08:59 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

If you die you are dead and have to roll a new character. you can only get a res when you're knocked out. Clerics can have res casted on their body and a very small percentage chance of coming back as a necro.

I don't have any bad ideas for what would happen with items right now unfortunately.
Old 04-26-2021, 09:40 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gredoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you die you are dead and have to roll a new character. you can only get a res when you're knocked out. Clerics can have res casted on their body and a very small percentage chance of coming back as a necro.

I don't have any bad ideas for what would happen with items right now unfortunately.
They just stay on the corpse. Which is lootable by all. Except maybe the said no drop magic items, so maybe u can get that back. If you make the treck out within a week.

When u die u drop a personal soulshard with lore from identify about your character name, lvl, diety, whatever, which is what the clerics use to rez u. So maybe somehow ur soul finds its way to a cleric and they decide to rez u, ur character shows its alive again in their new home.

----

But I prefer death being less about running back to your corpse. Permadeath should be rare and only come from rare mobs or raid mobs. Like the final mob in a dungeon, ghoul lord, etc. The lady at the top of ToFS. But not even the named on the lower lvls.

Ppl should just get knocked out and wake back up at their soulbind and loose like an entire lvl of exp. There should be soulbinders in like every outdoor zone. At a small village. Except maybe a few exceptions like western wastes. Or gorge of King xorbb.

Plus maybe a non magic or non lore droppable item gets lost or stays on a lootable body that is more like a container near were they died.

Rezzez shouldn't return exp. Just life in the case of permadeath.

---
Zones should progress further from civilization until maybe there's no more village and u have to cross back into the next zone. Like nk should be a village zone but put a zone to the north which is outdoors but harder and more remote.

Same for the east of SK.

And maybe one coming off rathe mnts.

And one coming off lesser fay.

One coming off stonebrunt.

As examples.

But I would prefer zones like that be connections. So they are between major cities or village zones.

Like qeynos>hills>wk>the wild hills<nk<ek<hhp<hhk>kithocor>the forest lakes edge>wc>ec>for

The forest lakes edge would be like half forest with a loch in the middle and plains with like boulders leading up into it. A bigger village would be just on the other side of the kithicor zone (the village would stay safe). But the lakeforest zone would be ruled by giant dire animals.

The wilderness zones out in the middle wouldn't really have momster civilization. They'd be mostly untouched wilds without even orcs, sarnacks, othmir, ulthork etc. More primevil. Maybe giant bugs, lizards, wolves, sbakes, birds, but like not civilized or technological in any way.
Old 04-26-2021, 10:54 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

no drop magical items (and some really good droppables) go back to the mob that owned them. Or possibly the mob that killed you uses those items with a high chance of ruining them (so they are worthless when you loot them).

Losing a entire level of XP would actually be a pretty brutal punishment, maybe have 0% res for 1-40, 1 level XP loss 50-60.

Jokes aside, I could see 0% res at 60 being a interesting mechanic to force more XP groups.
Old 04-26-2021, 01:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
1:30 PM] Starkind: i might log in in 30 mins or so but then i will have to log out in like 15 mins
[1:31 PM] Starkind: i wish we could mail stuff to other players thru the bards
[1:31 PM] Starkind: add that to my custom purple server
Old 04-26-2021, 01:53 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

system where you pay people to deliver items would be pretty rad and take the porting economy to the next level.
Closed Thread