Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 07-21-2022, 06:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by UndeadFroglock [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I actually stopped levelling everything and decided to wait it out for a fresh server. Tired of the higher level toons rubbing it in how awesome they are by being 60 after a year or so of levelling. I will gladly hop on board once they have something fresh to get on.
before green I was so hungry for green that I played the crap out of everquest doing stuff I was excited to do with green and was burnt out by the time it launched, so I think savoring the anticipation is the right thing to do, I want to play so bad right now.
Old 07-22-2022, 09:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loiterius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It wasn’t that there were too few people, it was that there were too many.
Was fun locking down the throne room in Crushbone for 8 hours while people came and went on the "list"... it really was overcrowded.

Can't wait to try that again on red 2.0 when it launches <3
Old 07-22-2022, 10:31 AM
Planar Protector

It was so cool seeing people grouping at derv camps on Antonica and the chessboard and goblin camps in BB. Brought back reminders of back in the day when groups would just form and camp random places like that because it wasn't all about min/maxing the efficiency of your exp per hour and people just didn't know about other places. On live for instance I never leveled in Paw or Mistmoore once (I knew the zones from being CSR but never exped in them)...you just didn't need to go to these places to find a group because there were random groups just everywhere out in the world.

I was on Blue the other day and saw a full group in the ruins outside KC pulling random trash mobs and I was stunned. Wouldn't have been surprised if they were actually getting better exp per hour than like the LCY group because there is no competition for mobs outside KC
Old 07-22-2022, 12:28 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah, that's the sort of thing that was beautiful about a fresh and overcrowded server.

Just need to get rid of these stupid legacy items next time, they turn too much of the server culture into total greed and FOMO fest.
Old 07-22-2022, 12:31 PM
Sarnak

I've had more fun fighting over random spawns in Unrest, SK or UGuk than most of Velious to be honest. There's just something about Classic. Mind you, it's miserable as hell at 50 until we get the Planes, but I can forgive that for the absolute tension that is a fresh Hate or Fear break in with Classic geared 50s.
Old 07-23-2022, 05:54 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Was fun locking down the throne room in Crushbone for 8 hours while people came and went on the "list"... it really was overcrowded.

Can't wait to try that again on red 2.0 when it launches <3
I dunno I was at the front of the curve, and it was very nice to be able to weed out the chaff, and build decent groups with people who knew what they were doing. Guk was a madhouse, and I loved it. I really think Teal was unnecessary, and ultimately it actually hurt the whole vibe of the server.
Old 07-23-2022, 10:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenoraRaton [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I dunno I was at the front of the curve, and it was very nice to be able to weed out the chaff, and build decent groups with people who knew what they were doing. Guk was a madhouse, and I loved it. I really think Teal was unnecessary, and ultimately it actually hurt the whole vibe of the server.
I speculate that part of the reason for teal was that we had all these new people and the staff wanted to try and keep them engaged with the server for the long term and thought they’d lose them if they had to deal with overcrowding for the first couple days. In reality all those people left after a few months anyway
Old 07-23-2022, 10:58 AM
Planar Protector

Wrong and wrong.

Teal was awesome. I am guessing you stayed on Green and didn't get to experience Teal.

Entire guilds that were on Teal stuck around.

A lot of people left as they would regardless of if they were on Teal or Green.
Last edited by Castle2.0; 07-23-2022 at 11:11 AM..
Old 07-23-2022, 12:28 PM
Sarnak

If anything, the return to Green was a catalyst to quit. Should never have merged them back together. Classic just can't support that level of population.
Old 07-23-2022, 03:50 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeboim [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If anything, the return to Green was a catalyst to quit. Should never have merged them back together. Classic just can't support that level of population.
Instanced raiding would fix 90% of P99's problems.