Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 07-06-2022, 01:45 AM
Fire Giant

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

However, I've found what I believe to be some evidence for some form of existence beyond this dimension in the scholarly study of near death experiences. While the field and the discussion on this topic are rife with hucksters and Christians, I have a doctorate and am good at parsing the quality of evidence, and there is nonetheless some intriguing evidence that people who have a near death experience (NDE) are experiencing something unique and profound. Here are the highlights:

1. Near death experiences are similar across cultures. People tend to report roughly the same basic phenomena, with different individualistic interpretations (such as Christians reporting seeing angels or Jesus, Hindu's seeing the messenger of the Gods, and atheists seeing an "entity" or "force". This archetypal near death experience is also seen in writings dating as far back as thousands of years.

2. Common features of an NDE include the sensation of traveling through a tunnel towards light, extremely intense and typically positive emotions, meeting deceased loved ones, perceiving a 'border' or 'threshold' between life and death, and having an out of body experience in which the person perceives their surroundings. NDE's may have all, some, or none of these features, but these are by far the most common. Panoramic life-review, or "life flashing before your eyes", is also common, with a sensation of increased acuity or resolution, with people reporting the ability to experience the memories of their life, all at once, in great detail that far exceeds their normal memory.

3. NDE's matching this archetype have been experienced by children, the blind, atheists, etc, who all overwhelmingly report the experience to be immensely positive, significantly lessening their fear of death and often having positive effects on their outlook for the remainder of their lives. Interestingly, even the congenitally blind have reported the tunnel of light and other visual phenomena with individual corroboration by researchers.

4. Studies have examined chemical and electrical (EEG) hallmarks of memory formation in the hippocampus and elsewhere and compared it to known configurations associated with both real memories and memories associated with dreams, hallucinations, and abstract experiences, and found that NDE's bear all the hallmarks of a real memory of an experience rather than a hallucination.

TL;DR: Lune learns about near death experiences and begins to think there's a warm, euphoric light waiting for him when he dies.

So... anyone ever had or known someone who has had a near death experience? What do you think happens?
To add a bit to this thread as I do stuff between long spawns and work, have you watched this small series on NDEs and life after death and other death related experiences on Netflix?

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

This small series has some AMAZING chapters ... some are plain bad, but the 1st one, the one with the MD that has dedicated his life to interview elderly people dying and the one with the guy at a University that studies children that still have previous lives memories are simply the best.

Please watch it

These are the chapters you have to watch, the others are not worth it. 1 , 4, 5 and 6.

1. Near-Death Experiences
51m

A doctor is found lifeless after going over a waterfall. Now she and others share their near-death experiences. Does consciousness expand after death?

4. Signs from the Dead
49m

A bird, a dancing light or a caress: Signs and messages from the dead happen all the time, mediums say. So the grieving look for ways to communicate.
I add this on my small movie and show list to watch to newcomers to the group.

5. Seeing Dead People
53m

Can consciousness survive a body's demise? An investigator records eerie sounds at a historic spot, and a doctor discusses encounters with the dying.

6. Reincarnation
52m

Vivid details and unshakable confidence — from a 5-year-old. A child psychiatrist studies cases of past-life memories, which occur around the world.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

These are very good, straightforward and easy to digest. Like a very brief 101 on NDEs and what might lie beyond.

I enjoyed it on my first watch.
----------------------------------
[center]
Old 07-06-2022, 11:39 AM
Planar Protector

I just found out that 90% of our DNA they still don’t know what it does and they call it junk DNA.

I’m sure they don’t understand it because it’s all like fucking space code on how to build a teleportation device to send your mind Springs to the alternate universe.

Sometimes I wonder if it’s my late great great great great great grandfather’s and the rest’s save game though.
Old 08-05-2022, 02:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vormotus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To add a bit to this thread as I do stuff between long spawns and work, have you watched this small series on NDEs and life after death and other death related experiences on Netflix?

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

This small series has some AMAZING chapters ... some are plain bad, but the 1st one, the one with the MD that has dedicated his life to interview elderly people dying and the one with the guy at a University that studies children that still have previous lives memories are simply the best.

Please watch it

These are the chapters you have to watch, the others are not worth it. 1 , 4, 5 and 6.

1. Near-Death Experiences
51m

A doctor is found lifeless after going over a waterfall. Now she and others share their near-death experiences. Does consciousness expand after death?

4. Signs from the Dead
49m

A bird, a dancing light or a caress: Signs and messages from the dead happen all the time, mediums say. So the grieving look for ways to communicate.
I add this on my small movie and show list to watch to newcomers to the group.

5. Seeing Dead People
53m

Can consciousness survive a body's demise? An investigator records eerie sounds at a historic spot, and a doctor discusses encounters with the dying.

6. Reincarnation
52m

Vivid details and unshakable confidence — from a 5-year-old. A child psychiatrist studies cases of past-life memories, which occur around the world.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

These are very good, straightforward and easy to digest. Like a very brief 101 on NDEs and what might lie beyond.

I enjoyed it on my first watch.
I did watch this! The first episode at least. Couldn't bring myself to watch about the mediums, but I'll have to try the other ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vormotus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Man the reason I keep coming to this forum, is that ...

Well let me explain..

Due to my work and field of experience I am forced by habit to scour the internet for ... information.

Some of my friends and group members go online to literally lose themselves in an endless trove of information being guzzled down avidly to later spout out in oriented discussions.

On my side my latest craze is Volafiles (https://volafile.org/)communities and this forum! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I find here tidbits of information and discussion I rarely see in mainstream forums and you guys are the closest to a non onion enabled surfing experience I can get on a regular session.

Thank you all for being open and crazy enough to post your opinions, for real! I love how lightly moderated this forum is as well, which only makes it richer imho.

Please keep talking your weird outlandish views on the world and personal experiences.

On my side I looooove them.

Thank you all for existing, even the most vitriolic of you, I really like you all. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Keep it weird you strange portlanders of the internet[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea this place used to be the wild fucking west before the whole daybreak thing and they started moderating it. I couldn't agree more, there is truly nothing else like it. Even really niche subreddits end up super echo-boxy.
Old 08-05-2022, 02:56 AM
Planar Protector

Old 08-05-2022, 08:55 AM
Planar Protector

Every day is deja vue. Names. Places. Scenarios. Etc.
Old 08-05-2022, 08:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Every day is deja vue. Names. Places. Scenarios. Etc.
i get deja vu so vividly and so often ive considered seeing a psychiatrist for medication because im obviously a crazy person
Old 08-05-2022, 05:47 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah it's gotten pretty bad. I double check stuff is real now.