Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 07-30-2022, 12:19 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In the link above he calls the small business owners "the wealthy" like they were the bad guys lol he makes 400k a month 🤣
well yeah he's probably a hypocrite, but i'm speaking to the larger point he's failing to make i guess, that 'small business' rhetoric is often used as a defense for large business interests by politicians

i don't think most of them of any party really give a quarter of a shit of the independent restaurant in the medium sized suburb or rural town, no
Old 07-30-2022, 12:23 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by robayon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i don't think most of them of any party really give a quarter of a shit of the independent restaurant in the medium sized suburb or rural town, no
Of course they don't, near-broke restaurant owners aren't lining anybody's pockets with bribes, oh sorry, I mean "campaign contributions."
Old 07-30-2022, 12:25 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A lot of stores are franchises where the building and land is technically owned by the megacorp but the operator/propietor that actually make a da money is a small business dude/dudette.

McDonalds is a huge landlord and I want some pancakes rn.
are you telling me this because you think i don't know or because it's supposed to be a defense of a moderate system

i realize how it works on the basic level, i've worked for plenty of these small business tyrants in the hotel industry
Old 07-30-2022, 12:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by robayon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
are you telling me this because you think i don't know or because it's supposed to be a defense of a moderate system

i realize how it works on the basic level, i've worked for plenty of these small business tyrants in the hotel industry
No I just want some pancakes and in the morning I will buy them from a small business owner at his McDonalds franchise location and eat them with my mouth.
Old 07-30-2022, 12:38 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No I just want some pancakes and in the morning I will buy them from a small business owner at his McDonalds franchise location and eat them with my mouth.
that's fair. back in the ancient times when i could go to regular people restaurants, i ate at IHOP once a month minimum. or waffle house. this is the south, after all.
Old 07-30-2022, 12:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
that's fair. back in the ancient times when i could go to regular people restaurants, i ate at IHOP once a month minimum. or waffle house. this is the south, after all.
No waffle house out here and the IHOP is right by the hospital which is I guess a good location for it.
Old 07-30-2022, 03:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
McDonald’s cost about $1-1.5 million for a good one in a decent area

They are increasingly being bought by equity firms. Not really the “small business owner” you’re pretending they are
Old 07-30-2022, 02:46 PM
Planar Protector

whoah I found a youtuber even more hassan than hassan

Neocuckservatives get DESTROYED

Hes as equally more angry as he is uglier than hassan.
Old 07-30-2022, 07:59 PM
Planar Protector

Default hasan

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-31-2022, 02:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This guy makes 400k a month, gets every meal delivered from door dash, and he rages at rich people and blames GOP for climate change.
And your solution is to give him a 30 minute advert on p99?