Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 08-05-2022, 06:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by khofuswiftclaw [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have the dain axe on my warrior - and even with the stuns the proc is inferior Aggro wise to almost every VP wep and many others if the assumption is that the axe only procs 2x/min.

Almost everything in VP procs a stun with a bigger DD component. The white damage is OK but it’s not gonna overcome the difference in proc rate assuming 2x/min is true.

I do use it for tanking sometimes but 2H are terrible at getting initial Aggro.
The benefit to 2H weapons when tanking is you take less ripostes due to hitting less. So it's a great 2H agro weapon for when ripostes are hitting you real hard.
Old 08-05-2022, 06:38 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by khofuswiftclaw [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have the dain axe on my warrior - and even with the stuns the proc is inferior Aggro wise to almost every VP wep and many others if the assumption is that the axe only procs 2x/min.

Almost everything in VP procs a stun with a bigger DD component. The white damage is OK but it’s not gonna overcome the difference in proc rate assuming 2x/min is true.

I think that's part of the fun of this game! 20+ years in there are still things to figure out. I feel like your idea to parse and decide for yourself is a good one.
Old 08-05-2022, 11:15 PM
Planar Protector

Did a small sample size of attacking for 20 minutes with a 1H weapon and 20 minutes with a 2H weapon.

I am using https://wiki.project1999.com/Cat_o%27_Nine_Tails and https://wiki.project1999.com/Velium_Great_Staff .

Both are 9/36 weapons, so we don't need to jump to any conclusions about damage, delay, or ratio affecting proc rates.

My weapon skills were also the same at 220.

My DEX was 150.

I had 0% haste.

I got 36 procs on the 2H weapon.

I got 30 procs on the 1H weapon.

It is a small sample size to be sure, but I am not seeing any huge difference between the two. The 6 difference could easily be chalked up to RNG.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 08-05-2022 at 11:22 PM..
Old 08-05-2022, 11:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Also, why in the world are you tanking with Dain axe if it’s so inferior to 1hers by your own admission?! That’s the real scandal here.
It’s not inferior. You get one less proc per minute but massive gains in white damage threat. It is one of the strongest threat weapon setups in the game.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 08-05-2022, 11:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did a small sample size of attacking for 20 minutes with a 1H weapon and 20 minutes with a 2H weapon.

I am using https://wiki.project1999.com/Cat_o%27_Nine_Tails and https://wiki.project1999.com/Velium_Great_Staff .

Both are 9/36 weapons, so we don't need to jump to any conclusions about damage, delay, or ratio affecting proc rates.

My weapon skills were also the same at 220.

My DEX was 150.

I had 0% haste.

I got 36 procs on the 2H weapon.

I got 30 procs on the 1H weapon.

It is a small sample size to be sure, but I am not seeing any huge difference between the two. The 6 difference could easily be chalked up to RNG.

Yeah you’ll need a much larger sample size.

What you’ll find with a sufficiently large sample size is that proc rate is the same.

Old 08-06-2022, 12:11 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah you’ll need a much larger sample size.

What you’ll find with a sufficiently large sample size is that proc rate is the same.
I understand that[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Just showing some initial data to show there isn't some wild discrepancy even at lower data sizes. It isn't like 2H has double the proc chance or anything.
Old 08-06-2022, 02:02 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:

I….am not sure you’ve played well on your warrior that much….
Old 08-06-2022, 08:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
That is patently false - delay has no impact on proc rate over time.

You just have an increased chance of proc with high delay on the first swing. Regardless of delay, procs even out over time.

If there is a higher 2H proc rate, it has nothing to do with delay.
What if you constantly turn auto attack on and off. Aka joust.
Old 08-06-2022, 10:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I….am not sure you’ve played well on your warrior that much….
I’m not sure he has either to be honest. After the 400 hate cap on procs (still 500 on red epic), it’s now 400 hate + whatever extra 1:1 hate generated by DD or DoT. This put a massive damper on the threat generated by weapons like infestation, WESS and the VP weapons. Don’t get me wrong, VP weapons are still very good at threat but they are nothing even remotely close to what they used to be.

So when you consider a weapon like

https://wiki.project1999.com/Frostreaver

Which has a 525 hate proc (400+125dd) and a 42/43 ratio AND ALSO consider that for 2hand mechanics:
-You’re level 60 so can triple attack main hand
-Dmg bonus for 2 handers was ramped up a few years back
-fewer ripostes are cool
-actually doing very respectable damage while also tanking is exceptionally cool

It’s actually a very good warrior weapon. I’ve MT’d raids on it with no problems. It’s a weird situation though. Once a proc lands I’m not losing aggro. On the one hand you have 50% fewer procs so it can take that much longer to land the first… but on the other hand I’ve been in plenty of groups where the RNG F’d me and even dual wield I wouldn’t get any procs for a fight or 2 in a row. In those circumstances the Frostreaver pushes out significantly more melee aggro meaning I can just truck along without a proc decently enough.

But yeah…
1) no weapon in this game has a proc mod.
2) No, there isn’t some magic hidden process that hasn’t been on p99 for over a decade that lets 2 handers proc more “because it uses both your hands” (lol).
3) OP is apparently very gullible
4) OP as a warrior is lol … just goes to show it doesn’t take phenomenal intelligence or talent to acquire loot on p99

Old 08-06-2022, 10:41 AM
Planar Protector

Frostreaver usually isn't worth much DKP, so it is low hanging fruit. At least last time I checked.