Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2017, 09:52 PM
Planar Protector

Warriors can still Bash by dropping in a shield. You even quoted that. And if your tanking, you're not there to DPS, so once again, your argument is moot.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 08-15-2017, 10:14 PM
Planar Protector

It's much easier for other players to make up for what Warriors lack in aggro generation at the early-mid levels of the game than it is for other players to make up for what Paladins and SKs lack in HP/AC/Discs late game, depending on the mobs. If there's already a designated tank (in group or on raid), Warriors can stay at low hp for DPS, Paladins can contribute some heals, and SKs can help pull; the usefulness of those alternative roles goes in that order imo. The snap aggro of hybrids can be really useful on certain raids, but generally not anything that requires a cheal rotation. Paladins edge out SKs in groups because their spells synergize with enchanters and they can heal the DPS, saving the cleric mana. But even Rangers can tank, if geared correctly, especially with Velious armor to choose from now. If you still can't decide, you have 8 character slots, test them out and see what fits.
Last edited by Ennewi; 08-15-2017 at 10:28 PM..
Old 08-15-2017, 10:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
your argument is moot.
I dont even know why a shield was brought up in the first place. and good luck tanking as a warrior with a shield
Old 08-16-2017, 12:04 AM
Aviak

Stupid question time... Knight is in fact Shadow Knight right? Not a high level Paladin?

That's exactly how much I know about tanks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-16-2017, 12:32 AM
Planar Protector

Knights are Paladin between lvl 55-59 actually. You can find a list of class titles here at the bottom of the page.
Old 08-16-2017, 01:53 AM
Planar Protector

We're in velious now, I don't think you need to put your starting points into dex. Yes, there are a couple of decent low level procs now, but really procs don't become useful until the high levels.

At max level, I am pretty sure you can accumulate at least 255 dex in buffs alone.
Old 08-16-2017, 07:57 AM
Fire Giant

If you want to be the hero that saves the group, be paladin. LH saved a lot of situations already on my paladin. SK is a more selfish choice, at least he can save himself with FD.

As others already stated if your goal is end game raiding be a warrior. You will suck at your main task while leveling, but in the end you will be very usefull. A bit like a wizard actually.
Old 08-16-2017, 08:43 AM
Fire Giant

I wouldn't say that you can't enjoy playing a warrior even if u not gonna raid. I find it quite fun class to duo with and even solo, especially in berzerk mode. Sometimes I just like beating stuff and dont have to bother with any magic at all :-P
Old 08-16-2017, 08:46 AM
Planar Protector

Not needing to waste time pressing buttons gives so much more opportunity to lay on the RP.
Old 08-16-2017, 08:47 AM
Fire Giant

And also - 10% xp bonus!! :-P
Closed Thread