Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2017, 02:49 PM
Planar Protector

And I like how my weedy little Halfling can't lift this huge sword to swing it, so just ineffectually pokes around with it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].
Old 08-24-2017, 03:06 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

As far as off-hands go, I prefer to use Infestation over Frostbringer as when it procs the mobs generally will stick to you unlike when Frostbringer procs. Often enough with full buffs my offhand will proc before my mainhand to make it important to have the highest aggro proc possible in offhand. I never got the feeling that Frostbringer's ratio increase and skill increase made it better for aggro in offhand despite those advantages.
Old 08-24-2017, 10:02 PM
Planar Protector

Skean was never a good weapon IMO.
Old 08-25-2017, 12:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Skean was never a good weapon IMO.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-25-2017, 02:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, but Infestation is piercing, and you'll notice a difference in DPS/hits at 60 if you're still using it. WESS + Frostbringer is the better combo than Infestation + either one.
For dps I agree, but for aggro infestation is much better than frosty.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 08-25-2017, 12:13 PM
Planar Protector

Not that I've ever leveled with one, but I think I'd be ok with a warrior using infest / frosty. Makes sense in my head. Dps + procs is the key to holding agro. Sacrificing dps for procs is way too unreliable.
Old 08-25-2017, 01:27 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

True a lower level warrior DPS is important for aggro due to less procs. But at the high end when your dex is maxed with buffs often enough or at least reasonably high, the 9/18 vs 12/22 offhand switch in dps doesn't make up for the lower proc aggro.

Once you're at the 50+ game and likely far before that you'll find your white damage increase alone is not going to get you aggro it's going to be your procs. That's when you start paying attention to getting those max dex buffs and dex gear to get as many procs as possible.

If you're able to get your hands on a Infestation, pair that with a WESS and you'll be set.

Another option that I never see listed anywhere is try to get your hands on a (also NOTRADE), Chelaki Whip from the rats in DN(Actual rats not the ratmen). It's basically Infestation with a slightly worse ratio but equivalent aggro proc.
Old 08-31-2017, 11:18 AM
Planar Protector

I'll be honest with you the longer I mess around with frostbringer the more impressed I am.

Duo with sham yesterday I tagged a mob with bow. He slowed with togors before mob hit camp. First swing proc'd frostbringer and it stuck to me like glue. Skean may *math* out to a higher number but 12/22 with a proc as strong as a slow cast is hard to argue with.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 08-31-2017, 05:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'll be honest with you the longer I mess around with frostbringer the more impressed I am.

Duo with sham yesterday I tagged a mob with bow. He slowed with togors before mob hit camp. First swing proc'd frostbringer and it stuck to me like glue. Skean may *math* out to a higher number but 12/22 with a proc as strong as a slow cast is hard to argue with.
Does it still register as "spell did not take hold" if a higher level person with FB procs on same mob before you?
Old 08-31-2017, 05:32 PM
Fire Giant

Use the best stats and ratio weapon you have in your offhand. A slower weapon means less repost. The only time to care about a proc in your offhand is if it is a self buff. Also, holding aggro via dps (2h etc) requires you have a better haste item than who you are tanking for.