Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2017, 06:19 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I cant imagine jumping into EQ with no nostalgia holding me here.
Myself I knew about EQ, even played it for a month. but I was so invested in UO and Galaxies, along with having many real life friends in those games. I never had the time to get into EQ, plus with newer mmo's coming out I never went back.

So now I get to discover all the places for the first time, with what looks to be a healthy population.
Old 10-18-2017, 10:43 AM
Kobold

Welcome. The community is supportive and friendly (mostly). Don’t Be afraid to ask for help from players in the game. Most will be happy to. In the low levels try to travel to East Commons and find someone to bind you in nearby Freeport. There are always dozens of folks hanging out at the “tunnel” trading items and you can get buffs and other help from them to make the starting levels much smoother. Enjoy!
Old 10-18-2017, 06:24 PM
Planar Protector

Welcome to the single most destructive influence on my life. I strongly recommend you quit, focus on furthering your education, and spend some quality time with your friends before the opioid epidemic takes them away from you. More advice to my 17 year old self, but yeah. Dead serious.
Old 10-19-2017, 12:13 PM
Orc

Welcome, enjoy and have fun.
Old 10-19-2017, 12:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I cant imagine jumping into EQ with no nostalgia holding me here. Compared to modern MMOs P99 is borderline unplayable because of the sh!tty UI and lack of explaining anything.
As far as nostalgia goes, the difficulty and the unforgiving of classic EQ is a draw from many of us. Nothing like getting killed while searching for your corpse :P And the random high level threatening mobs in low level zones... thanks Verant! "Griffin to the tunnel!" "Slate to fp" "sg to nro"
Closed Thread