Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2017, 07:06 PM
Planar Protector

Min max for pal is usually all into sta as possible with some cha or wisdom mixed in. But if you are enjoying the class playstyle then thats all its about. Joke about your mistake once you're 60 and people will give you shit about it, but laugh it off and keep playing. You wont regret it that much later on.
Old 10-13-2017, 10:11 PM
Aviak

Thumbs up

Thanks all [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Very much appreciated replies. See you all in Norrath!

Its all fun and games until somebody loses an eye, then its just a game, FIND THE EYE!
Old 10-13-2017, 10:13 PM
Banned

If you Reroll.

Make female high elf Paladin...dump all stats in to wisdom.

That is the true min-max for paladins, everyone else is lying or doesnt understanding.

10 stamina or 10 extra strength is nothing compared to what extra wisdom can give you.

Also by the time your level 6o you have a +40 str buff.

Why female? Coz thr male highelf model is gay as fuck.
Old 10-13-2017, 10:17 PM
Banned

At 60 the extra wisdom gives you extra healing power/flash of light/stunning power which is truely all you're about.

Having an extra 60 hp or doing 1% more damage is negligible because you're about 1 step above a cleric for dps.. Plus strength and stamnina gear is fairly easy to come by in velious.

Also IF you solo up a bit before your dw arms/helm calming mobs uses a bit of mana up.

Its really a no brainer.

If I ever get time I'll upload videos I made of my soloing on my Paladin in CoM from like level 45-51 without a fungi. Have about 10-12k gear on.

Iirc coz I barely log in anymore i have almost 2k mana pool at 51, because my wisdom is almost 200. Where as some Paladins in velious gear have 2.2k mana pools. A high elf stacked for wisdom/mana could easily break 3.5k mana pool with semi decent raid gear.
Last edited by Beastagoog; 10-13-2017 at 10:24 PM..
Old 10-13-2017, 10:23 PM
Banned

The only time youd go all stm is if your a raid paladin tank....which there is probably 2 on the whole server and....they are decked in thr finest of pixels they can get.

Wisdom crushes all other stats on a Paladin.
Old 10-14-2017, 01:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beastagoog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why female? Coz the male highelf model is gay as fuck.
I find many of the female models much better to play than males now. Not sure if I got bored playing males, or they just look stupid and I am just now noticing it.
Old 10-14-2017, 02:36 AM
Planar Protector

Alternatively, Rune Etched Wedding Band and then later on Djarns Amethyst ring.
Old 10-14-2017, 04:15 AM
Banned

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XM6WVpuY4co

Enjoy
Old 10-14-2017, 11:04 AM
Planar Protector

Dumping points in strength over another stat (wis or sta) is the bane of the min-maxer. However, it allows you to spend your first 50+ levels not encombered.

You will pick a little of all the stats with high end gear, even droppable stuff. I wouldn't sweat the details or min max unless your pally is an alt and you are in a guild that you can quickly replace slots with unwanted raid loot.

I had a lowbie alt High Elf with 60 str and over 120 wis. Carrying just my own armor was a pain. Rerolled Erudite with 5 agil and 15str then got a stalwart shield. An inferior toon with more ease and fashion questing points [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]. IMHO at least.
Old 10-14-2017, 11:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwitchercryn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hello all [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

So, I have a 21 Dwarf Pally. I didn't do much research before rolling him so I believe I used my points in Str/Sta. I have a base of 70 Agi. Everywhere I read it says I should of put points into Agi starting out for avoidance and leave the str/sta to buffs/gear. Am I crippling myself right now with this 70 agi?

Any advice at all would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, you should reroll. There's no need to play a paladin. Sub par tanks, and sub par healers. You should go with one or the other [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread