Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2021, 07:38 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowaGamer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I played EQ back in 1999 when I was 13. 7 Level 60's. I was a... "No lifer" Gamer teen for sure.

I played on Mangler when it launched and it was good. Very very good. The Exp gain was on point, the models, the game enhancing updates, pickzones, etc. basically everything minus Daybreak = Good. It makes EQ available to people with lives...

Currently Aradune the most recent Live Classic Server is about to launch Luclin in about a week and I don't like EQ post Velious so I decided to come here.

I see Green and I see Blue. Green has higher population = more groups = win. With a population this low, they should honestly be merged imo. I'm having a difficult time finding groups on Green tbh.

I'm struggling with committing though because the experience gain is really bad, like super slow. Mind you I picked a Bard (what I wanted to play) and sure I could pick a Halfling Warrior (what I don't want to play) but the fact is, I have a life now :\, regardless of what I pick, it's slow. Definitely slower for a bard though...

I know the goal was "Classic" but it's almost a smart ass thing to include the Exp penalties and slow gain into that because let's face it, 13 year olds (who can exist in a no-life scenario) are playing Fortnite. Everybody else who played EQ when it launched in it's actual "Classic" days are old now and have jobs/families/lives? So the notion of "keeping it classic because it's actual classic" is kind of annoying. It's basically overkill. I bet if you took a poll, when people logged in it would pop up, and it said:

Choose an Experience Gain Option:
  • A. Classic (as currently is)
  • B. Classic without Race/Class penalties.
  • C. Faster than Classic but not game breaking.

Most people would choose C. I would bet the majority of the population would choose C. B would be second for sure and A would be like 3% of the population.

So there's that...

The other major problem is the economy is really bad on Green. Trash items selling for insane prices. Probably because the Classic drop rates = true and there aren't pickzones. Nontheless even the good items are an insane amount of plat; 80k for a fungi tunic... really lol? So if you wanted to get to level 60 and then Twink a monk or something, you're looking at a year+ commitment. Something I could do in 2 months on a live server...

I think this server is great for no-lifers and don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with being a no-lifer or a fulltime EQer, more power to you, you, imo have a good life. You really do. I love EQ. You do You. But the majority of us aren't no lifers. And this server is really no friendly to people with jobs, families, or both...

I have an insane amount of hours played for the level I am and now I'm considering other options although i'd love to stay here, I just dont know if I realistically can... :\

/endRant

Ty (just my opinion.)
Noway did you have that many lvl 60s at 13 years old... sorry but i call total BS.... you had school and a schedule.... absolutely noway did at happen so take a hike noob
Old 01-27-2021, 03:24 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowaGamer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Choose an Experience Gain Option:
  • A. Classic (as currently is)
  • B. Classic without Race/Class penalties.
  • C. Faster than Classic but not game breaking.
Option D. The exp rates up to level 50 are fine, and match with classic. The exp rates above 50, as implemented on Green (maybe Blue? unsure) do not match classic, and are too onerous. So fix the broken exp per level required for levels 51-60.

What was classic:
  • Levels 51-53, 55-58, and 60 were each a "hell level"
  • Levels 54 and 59 were "double hell levels"

What is true on P99 Green
  • Levels 51-53 is each a "hell level" (unchanged)
  • Levels 54-58 is each a "double hell level"
  • Levels 59 is a "triple hell levels"

The current grind 55-59 on green is just burnout territory. I know I'd welcome a fix here. I'm sure others would too.

This has been posted, with supporting data, in the "Bugs" forum, but has not yet been addressed.
Old 01-27-2021, 03:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewjax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Option D. The exp rates up to level 50 are fine, and match with classic. The exp rates above 50, as implemented on Green (maybe Blue? unsure) do not match classic, and are too onerous. So fix the broken exp per level required for levels 51-60.

What was classic:
  • Levels 51-53, 55-58, and 60 were each a "hell level"
  • Levels 54 and 59 were "double hell levels"

What is true on P99 Green
  • Levels 51-53 is each a "hell level" (unchanged)
  • Levels 54-58 is each a "double hell level"
  • Levels 59 is a "triple hell levels"

The current grind 55-59 on green is just burnout territory. I know I'd welcome a fix here. I'm sure others would too.

This has been posted, with supporting data, in the "Bugs" forum, but has not yet been addressed.
51-60 is classic on Green. SOE literally made it that way to slow people down during Kunark and give them more time to make the next expansion.
Old 01-27-2021, 03:52 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
51-60 is classic on Green. SOE literally made it that way to slow people down during Kunark and give them more time to make the next expansion.
Just curious, do you have a reference for that statement?

My reference for what I stated is not that strong either, other than
- it matches my memory for the rate we all gained exp in the various levels back on Live
- it matches what is shown in the P99 wiki

It doesn't really matter, but I'm just curious if there is a written reference from SOE essentially saying "Kunark exp rates were already hard (all hell levels, and a couple of double hell levels) but we felt the need to make the exp rates even harder."
Old 01-27-2021, 07:41 PM
Planar Protector

Its a static server. Exp rates mean very little after a couple years of playing.

In the meantime, they slow down the progress which even if unclassic (evidence?) mitigates the faster speed of experience gain caused by the saturation of game knowledge now.

Blue and green can't merge until green finishes the timeline...so not sure where you were going with that.
Old 01-31-2021, 12:39 AM
Banned

Felt like Green was WAY faster than what I remembered the OG being like. It felt like I spent months in certain zones to level 20 years ago. Now you can 1-60 in a couple of weeks. Think that's because of the ZEM. I don't think having insane ZEM in every zone is true classic.
Old 01-31-2021, 03:58 AM
Kobold

Yes both the exp curve on green and the zone zem's do not match live whatsoever. They don't even match blue (Nor should they necessarily speaking)

I applaud p99 forums for consistently aspiring to match youtube comments, never ceasing its drive to salt wounds, and pile shitposts to ad infinitum. Have nothing intelligent to say?

Anyhow lfg in the hole...
Closed Thread