Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2020, 03:26 PM
Planar Protector

Never underestimate the poor-man's memblur. Root the mob and camp out. Could also fear and camp but that could go very wrong very quickly, lol.

-Mcoy
Old 12-23-2020, 04:01 PM
Planar Protector

omg add in tunare neck and u are literally a walking embodiment of pacifism in EQ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

(sorry I know this thread is about EVUL, clerics, which I unfortunately am [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.])
Old 12-23-2020, 04:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Never underestimate the poor-man's memblur. Root the mob and camp out. Could also fear and camp but that could go very wrong very quickly, lol.

-Mcoy
This is what I do, because I never used atone hence the noob questions about it. I used pacify as needed but would root / camp when things got really dicey occasionally on solo adventures.

When I was OOM and group got trained and was guaranteed to wipe I would IVU in guk (this only happened like once) and would log out for a few minutes while everyone died so I could rez em all again but I think that is pretty basic strat.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 12-23-2020, 05:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is what I do, because I never used atone hence the noob questions about it. I used pacify as needed but would root / camp when things got really dicey occasionally on solo adventures.

When I was OOM and group got trained and was guaranteed to wipe I would IVU in guk (this only happened like once) and would log out for a few minutes while everyone died so I could rez em all again but I think that is pretty basic strat.
Naw, that's pro strats right there. Basic is dying along with them or just gating and having to run back and CR.

Atone can be expensive if you have to cast it a lot. Fortunately the WSotF is otherwise garbage so it can usually be found for a reasonable price. I think I paid 100p for mine on Blue, but that might have been when chardok aoe was still a thing and the markets were flooded.

-Mcoy
Old 12-23-2020, 06:36 PM
Planar Protector

PVE is really fun when you are in a group that is grinding for EXP but ALSO pushing hard to get loots, and then you allow things to get dicey.

It's great when you have a band of people that is just barely good enough to handle what is around you and you all gotta do your part to keep destroying the dungeon. When I get in those groups I fully commit to sacrifice all aspects of my actual humanity to NOT be the person to leave first and break it. Thats why I end up soloing a lot because I really do put my life on the line when I get in a group. I'm gunna go the distance for you fucks.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 01-16-2021, 10:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Assuming the paineel summoning quests are active it’s an easy faction grind. I believe my cleric did them at dubious faction (MQ’ed with my druid). In fact, I might have just invised up to the quest mobs. I also got the Inny’s symbol.

Between the robe option, neck and helm a human cleric is really nice. That helm is instant click and a solid junk buff/GCD clicky.
So...I just remembered this old post and it’s incorrect. I borked the shield MQ. The helm was successful but I looted each item on the cleric (so no MQ) after killing with the Druid. Just parked them close together. Besides a little warrens killing with the cleric I did no faction work. I believe I was dubious but might have been apprehensive. I’ve heard that MQ’ing is possible and chanced it on the shield, oh well.

Sorry for the late recollection (prob posting tipsy...). Someone pointed this out and it stirred the memory.
Closed Thread