Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2021, 05:33 PM
Fire Giant

I like necro, necro, shaman for Iksar buds.
Old 01-18-2021, 05:46 PM
Planar Protector

So much weaker without the bard powers though.

Necro necro necro maybe.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 01-18-2021, 06:00 PM
Banned

in my opinion, any trio could technically work as long as there is a shaman to slow things
Old 01-18-2021, 06:44 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So much weaker without the bard powers though.

Necro necro necro maybe.
Nah, Necro Necro Bard. The bard means unlimited Mana + Speed for easy kiteing. Bard mana Regen, HP Regen for the Necros = unlimited Mana. 2 Necros alone are savage. The Bard is worth much much more than a 3rd Necro.
Old 01-18-2021, 07:56 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Roshi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Trio, starting in Faydwer:

Pally, Druid, Enc

The newb does Pally, the semi-EQer does Druid, and you do Enc. Gives you rez, ports, heals, cc, slow and dps.

Edit: Blue, cause you can twink cheap AF

also edit: Read OP is tired of Enc, you could rep with Bard, but you lose a lot of DPS w/o Enc charm pet.
I was thinking something like that actually... Good for Faydwer.
Old 01-18-2021, 07:57 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowaGamer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nah, Necro Necro Bard. The bard means unlimited Mana + Speed for easy kiteing. Bard mana Regen, HP Regen for the Necros = unlimited Mana. 2 Necros alone are savage. The Bard is worth much much more than a 3rd Necro.
I love necros and bards but rarely played them together... could be nice indeed.
Old 01-18-2021, 08:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowaGamer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree. I was comparing his alternative to the 2 necros plus bard combo which is pretty supreme

Most of the time when someone does a combo though they want to have fun and variety not just win. For efficiency probably just necros and mages throwing pets and destroying all of norrath is probably the way to go but for having a good time a more classic combo like the enchy cleric warrior (or monk) is really efficient and fun.

But pet classes win
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 01-18-2021, 09:27 PM
Planar Protector

Since you don't want to be an enchanter, I'd go mage/bard/cleric for a fay trio. You do the bard, your brother does the cleric, and your brand new friend does the mage. Extremely powerful trio that is both experienced & beginner friendly.

I'd recommend blue if you want to stick with just the 3 of you together, but go green if you want to group with others as well.
Old 01-18-2021, 10:32 PM
Banned

Ench ench ench
Old 01-18-2021, 10:45 PM
Planar Protector

With the no Enchanter and Faydwer-only restrictions specified, I would second the recommendation of a Bard, Paladin, Druid trio. Bard and Druid damage shields can compensate for the Paladin's weak melee. The Druid can charm animals for additional DPS later on and there should always be enough heals/cc between the three of you to avoid getting in over your heads, plus the Druid can hit the evac button if you're all overtaken by adds. Otherwise, you could always swap out Paladin for Ranger and Druid for Cleric. Neither trio is the absolute "best" but both seem like they would offer enough fun and diversity.

Blue if you want cheaper gear and your pick of the low level camps. Green if you want them to experience classic as you did.
Closed Thread