Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2021, 11:48 PM
Planar Protector

I’m looking forward to non classic fixes for non classic problems

1. Remove legacy junk completely like all non original live servers (classic solution)
2. Leave them in permanently with no changes
3. Leave them in permanently with significant changes (mana stone and inventory clickable guise and lustrous russet random drop from highest level mobs in old world? Other similar solutions)

I don’t have it in me to go through another legacy quest. So much prepping and hedging for the future it’s sickening to me. And if I was going to play on a new server I would play the game however it is set up. If it had a list to poopsock I would list the shit out of it and probably stop playing for like 8 months after I get my mana stone and guise.

Kunark legacy shit is even worse because it allows different raiding strategies and stuff.

I also hope they do periodic level caps to put a stake in the suicide level rush which hurts actual classic game play. Suicide level rush is also associated with the legacy item obtainment so it’s kinda all gross and toxic together.

Dreaming and wishing
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 01-20-2021, 12:05 AM
Planar Protector

Can we have classic seafury loots back on red?
Old 01-20-2021, 12:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
\

They're at what, 11 years and counting, and still going strong? Not any time soon.
Well at some point, a new generation will lose interest in Everquest and P99 will slowly

die

glad to see P99 will last a while
Old 01-20-2021, 10:20 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenkiller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know green isn't that old but is this still the plan? How many years from now?
Before they make a new red server...
Discord: MaCtast1c#7275
Old 01-20-2021, 10:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can we have classic seafury loots back on red?
Please present evidence the 'fixed' drop rates aren't classic. Like, actually please. I needs me more gems.
Old 01-20-2021, 10:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’m looking forward to non classic fixes for non classic problems

1. Remove legacy junk completely like all non original live servers (classic solution)
2. Leave them in permanently with no changes
3. Leave them in permanently with significant changes (mana stone and inventory clickable guise and lustrous russet random drop from highest level mobs in old world? Other similar solutions)

I don’t have it in me to go through another legacy quest. So much prepping and hedging for the future it’s sickening to me. And if I was going to play on a new server I would play the game however it is set up. If it had a list to poopsock I would list the shit out of it and probably stop playing for like 8 months after I get my mana stone and guise.

Kunark legacy shit is even worse because it allows different raiding strategies and stuff.

I also hope they do periodic level caps to put a stake in the suicide level rush which hurts actual classic game play. Suicide level rush is also associated with the legacy item obtainment so it’s kinda all gross and toxic together.

Dreaming and wishing
I like these ideas, but I especially like the periodic level caps.

Very non classic, so would vote no for a poll, but I can't help feel the game would be better off with them!

The newbie economy of making each other patchwork, raw silk, etc would feel much more classic for a while at least.
Old 01-20-2021, 12:06 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah. Right now it’s a drag race to top level to obtain top level legacy loot in both vanilla and kunark eras. It’s hard to deny the strategy, hard work and no fun for first two months of vanilla getting multiple mana stones you can keep in your bank and come back in 4 years and buy anything you want. It’s such a good strategy that it shouldn’t exist.

The level caps aren’t classic except they force a classic experience. Some people will just level a pile of alts. Either way we all quest together.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 01-20-2021, 12:50 PM
Planar Protector

luclin launch day in relation to green launch?
Old 01-20-2021, 02:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
luclin launch day in relation to green launch?
Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The original game started in May 1999, and "ended" with Luclin in Dec 2001. Thus, a classic server has a minimum life of about 2 years, 7 months. Green started in Oct 2019, so it should have a minimum life that goes until May 2022. (https://wiki.project1999.com/Timeline)
You'd have to do the math to calculate the exact day; I'm too lazy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But as I said, there's really no point, because Green almost certainly won't end on that day. Timeline delays have already happened, and even if they hadn't I truly don't believe the staff will kill the server exactly on "Luclin launch day" (or even "adjusted Luclin launch day").

I'd imagine they'd give people at least a few more months to enjoy the server (with all of the final patches, most notable Chardok 2.0), because otherwise that content will only exist very briefly on Green.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 01-20-2021, 07:22 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well at some point, a new generation will lose interest in Everquest and P99 will slowly

die

glad to see P99 will last a while
Nah, P99 will live forever and so will I.
Closed Thread