Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: How Much Student Loan will be forgiven in this Term?
$10,000 4 14.29%
$1,400 0 0%
$0, since we already stimulated you with 600$ 10 35.71%
You owe us 600$ and another $1400 for rebuilding the towers we burned down 14 50.00%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2021, 08:39 PM
Kobold

Didn't Biden help pass the legislation that made it impossible to erase student loans through bankruptcy? I'm going to go with doubtful we see any student loan forgiveness.

That said, as someone with no debt who traded 4 years of my life participating in pointless middle eastern wars for free college, I wouldn't be opposed to it. Expecting coddled high schoolers to understand the ramifications of taking on potentially decades of debt to pursue an education they've been told their entire lives they need is unreasonable, and is burdening an entire generation. I'd rather socialize the losses of individuals than of corporations, which is something we don't see to have a problem with.

Lets be real, at this point the money is all made up anyway, whats another trillion?
Old 01-19-2021, 08:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs616 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Didn't Biden help pass the legislation that made it impossible to erase student loans through bankruptcy? I'm going to go with doubtful we see any student loan forgiveness.

That said, as someone with no debt who traded 4 years of my life participating in pointless middle eastern wars for free college, I wouldn't be opposed to it. Expecting coddled high schoolers to understand the ramifications of taking on potentially decades of debt to pursue an education they've been told their entire lives they need is unreasonable, and is burdening an entire generation. I'd rather socialize the losses of individuals than of corporations, which is something we don't see to have a problem with.

Lets be real, at this point the money is all made up anyway, whats another trillion?
bolded the bingo. The college finance system is indeed a scam of massive proportions perpetrated on the young and underprivileged. I was ALWAYS going to do it because my parents didn't go to college and bought the hype. The costs are dramatically inflated vis a vis the federal financing system, and the institutions are taking advantage of the students through the government. It's pretty wicked.

As for what Biden did in the past, it doesn't matter. At all. He is not a man of principles or even strong opinions. The question is which way does the wind blow today?
Old 01-20-2021, 01:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs616 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'd rather not socialize the losses of either. Why is it either or? Why not neither?
Old 01-20-2021, 03:11 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:

It’s held by lawyers and doctors primarily

We always get duped into bailing out the most irresponsible in our society, which isn’t the welfare queens, single moms, addicts, or homeless, but the bankers, lobbyists, and brokers.
Old 01-20-2021, 04:49 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caroll [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You've posted the same nonsense at least three other times. Modern monetary policy doesn't care about debt. The fact you mention Friedman reveals your lack of basic economics.

You sound upset and angry at a lot of people. I hope your problems get better.
Angry, says the foaming-mouth zealot who responded with something about obesity to a previous post of mine [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] deflection at work

Modern monetary theory is academic economic nerd fantasies that should never be put into practice. Friedman runs circles around these MMT fools, yourself included.
Old 01-20-2021, 05:04 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They might go ahead and throw you a bone Azeth.

But since your privledged maybe you would be selected to re-engage your student loan debt and start paying off someone elses loan for charity?

Maybe.

For reals though no reason to ask a theoryquest question like that since we're only talking out of our butts right now anyways. You might be SOL (but you're not, you were blessed with the ability and brain and stuff that allowed you to plan well enough to pay off your loan) or you might get a handout too. Who knows. Either way you're student debt is covered so grats.
Paid off 90k in student loans, but there is no way they will help those who responsibly paid our debts. It is slightly insulting to the responsible people, but I won't be as pissed as the guy who wrecked Elizabeth Warren; he should be proud that he is superior to his friend, while torpedoing a terrible candidate. All it will take is a few tweets from some well-followed/adored radical about how it is a transfer of wealth to future doctors/lawyers (which is true), and it will be shelved another 3 years until they need more young/dumb votes, with claims of "we have to have patience, and do this right". Similar to the "rampant" and "institutionalized" racism "problem", reparations, and every other failed promise/issue... it will recycle in 2023/4 when they need useful idiots to vote for them. If one can't see this, you're not old and experienced enough to pick out the pattern. The right does this too, with fear of violent crime, etc.

What the government has reliably proven is that it can cause a problem and then offer you some shitty conciliatory sorry or half-cure.

Azeth, you won't get anything, which is good. Just pay them off like any other responsible adult, and be proud of being a net producer, not a parasite.
Old 02-09-2021, 01:48 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Hi! I read a couple of comments and realized that it would be nice to share my personal experience, so now you are reading my comment! Education is a very important thing nowadays, but sometimes education is very expensive and not everyone can afford it. There is a great way out called mortgage. A mortgage is a so-called student loan, but it is very important to know where you can securely get a mortgage. My personal recommendation is to get a mortgage on the website-Mortgage Broker Manchester. Very reliable and profitable. I recommend it !!!
Old 02-09-2021, 01:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zahirisoolw [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi! I read a couple of comments and realized that it would be nice to share my personal experience, so now you are reading my comment! Education is a very important thing nowadays, but sometimes education is very expensive and not everyone can afford it. There is a great way out called mortgage. A mortgage is a so-called student loan, but it is very important to know where you can securely get a mortgage. My personal recommendation is to get a mortgage on the website-Mortgage Broker Manchester. Very reliable and profitable. I recommend it !!!
thanks for share

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 02-09-2021, 02:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaveh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It’s held by lawyers and doctors primarily

We always get duped into bailing out the most irresponsible in our society, which isn’t the welfare queens, single moms, addicts, or homeless, but the bankers, lobbyists, and brokers.
We totally need to socialize the losses of a private for profit company fronting money to post-graduate degree holding welchers.

The owner of the company I work for has a real close friend who works administration for the catholic parish in the most affluent area of the Bay whose daughter racked up 120k in student loans pursuing a Masters in Digital Media. She works in an middle management position for a fortune 500 company now, and she's an avid supporter of student loan forgiveness.
Old 02-09-2021, 02:23 PM
Banned

For clarity, Navient is not a federal organization and Jack Remondi isn't hurting for money.

https://www1.salary.com/Jack-Remondi...IENT-CORP.html
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 500_insider trading_result_result.jpg (19.6 KB, 0 views)
Closed Thread