Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Will Trump Leave On His own?
Yes 41 36.28%
No 72 63.72%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2020, 08:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'll take this as you plugging your ears, closing your eyes and going lalala. I'm right you're wrong baler.

Not very mature. Had YOU read what I wrote. You'd see I didn't attempt to bash you, rather correct a simple mistake you made.

Edit: Furthermore it's the internet. We come from all walks of life. Just because I don't agree with you like a simpleton robot doesn't automatically mean I'm wrong or that you're right. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's all about expanding our own educated mind to find the truth.
You're wrong. Just admit it. What he said was perfectly fine and conveyed the thought properly. You're being a pedant, as usual, and need to take a deep breath.
Old 11-26-2020, 08:20 PM
Planar Protector

This message is hidden because feniin is on your ignore list.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 11-26-2020, 08:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This message is hidden because feniin is on your ignore list.
Yep. No reason to give Nazis a platform.
Old 11-26-2020, 08:34 PM
Fire Giant

Thou shalt not kill 2 wrongs never made a right and you should know that

Live by the sword and DIE by it -after- your earthly death. In Hell.
Old 11-26-2020, 08:55 PM
Planar Protector

Law enforcement in the US overwhelmingly refuse to enforce thanksgiving covid orders.

Pras, There might be hope.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 11-26-2020, 08:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
P.P.S. Danth, Columbus had his flaws but he has been outrageously demonized
I agree. He was arrogant and bullheaded and wrong in many of his opinions, but I do not regard him or other explorers/colonizers of that era as culpable for things such as how diseases they did not understand wiped out the majority of the american population (you'll note I made no mention at all of the natives, in those two posts). They're just lucky it was mostly one-way and they didn't take some American disease home with them to wipe out 90% of Europe. It could just as easily have happened that way and if it had, we wouldn't be here to curse them for it.

I ain't throwing out history or burning any books or condemning people's memory because they don't fit today's notions of morality, either. Don't lump me with that bunch, they tick me off. They're nothing more than a modern equivalent of the Roman Damnatio Memoriae, just as politically-motivated, and just as worthless. Instead I merely prefer seeing history as it is versus the 1950's-style tendency to want to make everyone into a faultless saint. I can call Columbus a jerk and still recognize the man's enormous effect on the course of civilization.

Danth
Last edited by Danth; 11-26-2020 at 09:01 PM..
Old 11-26-2020, 10:27 PM
Banned

It’s pretty interesting how it all played out. Lack of animals to domesticate was really why The America’s fell to European explorers.
Old 11-26-2020, 10:31 PM
Sarnak

The age of EQ is really showing with everyone mentioning Jesus or Bible quotes in here.
Old 11-26-2020, 10:52 PM
Banned

I dunno I'm 36, I was 14 when I first played eq. Jesus hasn't been in vogue for like 50 years at least. I'm always curious about the jesus stuff on these forums and specifically off-topic. It doesn't really bother me, but it's just such a specific common theme.
Old 11-26-2020, 11:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglas1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I dunno I'm 36, I was 14 when I first played eq. Jesus hasn't been in vogue for like 50 years at least. I'm always curious about the jesus stuff on these forums and specifically off-topic. It doesn't really bother me, but it's just such a specific common theme.
'Seek Christ' won the idiom wars in the days before the Escalator. It's slowly become unironic due to repetition and the circumstances.

My good chum
Closed Thread