Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Will Trump Leave On His own?
Yes 41 36.28%
No 72 63.72%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2020, 07:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglas1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You understand that without capitalism there would be no everquest, right? Gives you pause. Makes you think.
Curious!
Old 11-11-2020, 07:24 PM
Banned

Dem's done stealing the election or what? Or they angry still Trump (within his right's) can contest some of the votes?

Didn't Al Gore (a Dem) contest and hold up the process for 45 days?

What are we day 5 or something of Trump not conceding and the Liberal media is in melt down over it?
Old 11-11-2020, 07:30 PM
Planar Protector

Ive read this awesome sci fi story once.

Long ago there was a species, not unlike man. This species traveled to new stars and planets mastering space travel and colonization.

In doing this, they encountered a warrior alien race. This alien race are like the Borg, destroying or subjugating all they encounter.

One by one the first species colonies are destroyed, eventually their home world too. They try to flee to create new colonies far from the warrior borgs, but they're always discovered and subsequently destroyed.

As a last ditch effort they try one last colony, this colony is cut off entirely from the original colonies and planets. They know nothing of their origin. They are left to be guarded by an artificial intelligence that operates from a satellite in space. But other than that all contact with their forefathers is cut off.

The AI is designed to interfere only to discourage and to teach the colonists to fear scientific progress, so that they will never grow to explore other planets and stars again preventing them from ever encountering that evil borg race, so they can live on in peace.

The AI incepts all kinds of cultural religious stuff to keep us stuck in the stone ages, The lord of the Rings, Everquest, all the things we love about orcs and magic and wizards and stuff, is all designed to distract us, so that we dont learn about how all that stuff really works: Science! And instead long for a more "simpler time" where horse back and swords were all one needed for adventure!

It's a cool story but I forgot the name of it.

So that we stay stuck on this cult planet forever.
Old 11-11-2020, 08:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ive read this awesome sci fi story once.

Long ago there was a species, not unlike man. This species traveled to new stars and planets mastering space travel and colonization.

In doing this, they encountered a warrior alien race. This alien race are like the Borg, destroying or subjugating all they encounter.

One by one the first species colonies are destroyed, eventually their home world too. They try to flee to create new colonies far from the warrior borgs, but they're always discovered and subsequently destroyed.

As a last ditch effort they try one last colony, this colony is cut off entirely from the original colonies and planets. They know nothing of their origin. They are left to be guarded by an artificial intelligence that operates from a satellite in space. But other than that all contact with their forefathers is cut off.

The AI is designed to interfere only to discourage and to teach the colonists to fear scientific progress, so that they will never grow to explore other planets and stars again preventing them from ever encountering that evil borg race, so they can live on in peace.

The AI incepts all kinds of cultural religious stuff to keep us stuck in the stone ages, The lord of the Rings, Everquest, all the things we love about orcs and magic and wizards and stuff, is all designed to distract us, so that we dont learn about how all that stuff really works: Science! And instead long for a more "simpler time" where horse back and swords were all one needed for adventure!

It's a cool story but I forgot the name of it.

So that we stay stuck on this cult planet forever.
That was a good read, very cozy.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 11-11-2020, 08:06 PM
Fire Giant

I'd take communism over losing Everquest lmao. What ya got for us Joe, Alexandria, Nancy?

"cult planet" this man knows reality on Earth.

Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Jesus answered, “My kingdom is not of this world. If my kingdom were of this world, my servants would have been fighting, that I might not be delivered over to the Jews. But my kingdom is not from the world.”
Last edited by BarnabusCollins; 11-11-2020 at 08:14 PM..
Old 11-11-2020, 09:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarnabusCollins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd take communism over losing Everquest lmao. What ya got for us Joe, Alexandria, Nancy?
Wonder if they can defund the police and fund Pantheon's development team instead?
Old 11-11-2020, 11:35 PM
Planar Protector

that’s a funner story than if it was all elaborated from old myths by a man who was experiencing the horrors of ptsd from ww1

and we just kept rehashing the same elf n orc script ever since
Old 11-12-2020, 12:10 AM
Banned

There are two stories to be told. Romance and Tragedy.
Old 11-12-2020, 12:23 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_knight [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dem's done stealing the election or what? Or they angry still Trump (within his right's) can contest some of the votes?

Didn't Al Gore (a Dem) contest and hold up the process for 45 days?

What are we day 5 or something of Trump not conceding and the Liberal media is in melt down over it?
You ask "are Dems done stealing the election?", then identify that the "Liberal media is in melt down over it"

So you believe the election has been stolen, and are confused that news outlets are concerned that other Americans think so as well.

Do you understand your own thoughts
Old 11-12-2020, 12:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You ask "are Dems done stealing the election?", then identify that the "Liberal media is in melt down over it"

So you believe the election has been stolen, and are confused that news outlets are concerned that other Americans think so as well.

Do you understand your own thoughts
Umm, you should go back and read what I said.

If you read what I said, properly. You'd have noticed I was talking about the media having a melt down because Trump hasn't conceded after 5 days, when Gore (a Dem) took 45 days, I believe, to concede.

Liberal media is Dem swaying, so my point is that it isn't it hyprocracy that Al Gore took 45 days to concede but the liberal media is in melt down mode because 5 days after the election Trump hasn't conceded.

So now, do YOU understand your own thoughts?
Closed Thread