Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2021, 03:21 PM
Sarnak

Default Of the 50 people interested in Red 2.0, why don't we make our own?

Serious question. Kinda.

I'm sure between the 50 of us we have some money and knowledge.

Not all of us are on disability and welfare.. right?
Last edited by Dulu; 01-18-2021 at 03:37 PM..
Old 01-18-2021, 03:35 PM
Planar Protector

Rise of zek.
Old 01-18-2021, 03:39 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rise of zek.
Yeah but half of the community doesn't want to play with botters and boxers.

So it's not the same.
Old 01-18-2021, 03:39 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah boxes suck. I am interested in a server until I see they allow boxing and then I just close the tab. Good point.
Old 01-18-2021, 03:59 PM
Planar Protector

Rise of drek is not eq. You build a red 2 and they will come. Not sure for how long but they will come.
Old 01-18-2021, 04:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Serious question. Kinda.

I'm sure between the 50 of us we have some money and knowledge.

Not all of us are on disability and welfare.. right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rise of zek.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah but half of the community doesn't want to play with botters and boxers.

So it's not the same.
Quote:
Yeah boxes suck. I am interested in a server until I see they allow boxing and then I just close the tab. Good point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassador [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rise of drek is not eq. You build a red 2 and they will come. Not sure for how long but they will come.
Old 01-18-2021, 04:20 PM
Planar Protector

although EQ EMU is an open project, the code and stuff available from box stock titanium client and via EQ EMU open source stuff is not really adequate to compete with legitimate project 1999 everquest which has taken great pains to restore the "classic" nature of the game.

So while anyone could start up an EQ EMU server with relatively low effort it would not be the same thing as Red 2.0 and one would probably be better served by trying to re-invigorate red 1.0 in that case because we have a good platform here.

Red 1.0 is now quite old and has been flat lined for quite a long time and it makes great sense for p99 staff to have a new red server at some point in the future. Its reasonable to imagine that they will wait until it will have a minimum impact on the green servers progress and success. As green numbers slowly begin to match the numbers of the blue server as green approaches its terminal location (velious, sleeper woke, etc) the chances of red 2.0 increase drastically.

The fact is that we really don't want a red 2.0 when Green is still so fresh. The playerbase is quite limited and we need some bluebie guys to come over and want a fresh everquest server to play on, and might be willing to try PVP since there is no other option for classic everquest.

Even though I've had like 5 years to think about it I still can't decide what class I will make on the big re-roll.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 01-18-2021, 04:23 PM
Planar Protector

I would be ok with waiting till that moemnt when they roll green into blue, open a new green, and red2.0 simultanously, give ppl an alternative that isn't teal to try something new

we wont get new blood, we have to recruit bluebies, and i think red1.0 is still viable, but bluebies and diehard pvpers both play differently than i

so a lot of people settle for green
Old 01-18-2021, 04:35 PM
Planar Protector

I don't think they will release new Blue server at same time as new Red server. They don't hate us that much. It would make both servers weaker.

We should get some wow classic people to come try actual classic MMO experience.
Lost but not forgotten.
Last edited by Gustoo; 01-18-2021 at 04:38 PM..
Old 01-18-2021, 05:06 PM
Planar Protector

Two reasons:

- P99's database took a decade to be built be a team of volunteers and it's not public
- P99's source code took a decade to reach its current form and it's not public
Closed Thread