Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2021, 04:35 AM
Aviak

Red face Exp Speed on Green is Atrocious

I played EQ back in 1999 when I was 13. 7 Level 60's. I was a... "No lifer" Gamer teen for sure.

I played on Mangler when it launched and it was good. Very very good. The Exp gain was on point, the models, the game enhancing updates, pickzones, etc. basically everything minus Daybreak = Good. It makes EQ available to people with lives...

Currently Aradune the most recent Live Classic Server is about to launch Luclin in about a week and I don't like EQ post Velious so I decided to come here.

I see Green and I see Blue. Green has higher population = more groups = win. With a population this low, they should honestly be merged imo. I'm having a difficult time finding groups on Green tbh.

I'm struggling with committing though because the experience gain is really bad, like super slow. Mind you I picked a Bard (what I wanted to play) and sure I could pick a Halfling Warrior (what I don't want to play) but the fact is, I have a life now :\, regardless of what I pick, it's slow. Definitely slower for a bard though...

I know the goal was "Classic" but it's almost a smart ass thing to include the Exp penalties and slow gain into that because let's face it, 13 year olds (who can exist in a no-life scenario) are playing Fortnite. Everybody else who played EQ when it launched in it's actual "Classic" days are old now and have jobs/families/lives? So the notion of "keeping it classic because it's actual classic" is kind of annoying. It's basically overkill. I bet if you took a poll, when people logged in it would pop up, and it said:

Choose an Experience Gain Option:
  • A. Classic (as currently is)
  • B. Classic without Race/Class penalties.
  • C. Faster than Classic but not game breaking.

Most people would choose C. I would bet the majority of the population would choose C. B would be second for sure and A would be like 3% of the population.

So there's that...

The other major problem is the economy is really bad on Green. Trash items selling for insane prices. Probably because the Classic drop rates = true and there aren't pickzones. Nontheless even the good items are an insane amount of plat; 80k for a fungi tunic... really lol? So if you wanted to get to level 60 and then Twink a monk or something, you're looking at a year+ commitment. Something I could do in 2 months on a live server...

I think this server is great for no-lifers and don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with being a no-lifer or a fulltime EQer, more power to you, you, imo have a good life. You really do. I love EQ. You do You. But the majority of us aren't no lifers. And this server is really no friendly to people with jobs, families, or both...

I have an insane amount of hours played for the level I am and now I'm considering other options although i'd love to stay here, I just dont know if I realistically can... :\

/endRant

Ty (just my opinion.)
Old 01-19-2021, 05:12 AM
Planar Protector

Hey there kiddo - your millennial entitlement is bleeding through big time. You somehow think that having a life/job/family/responsibilities and P99 mesh well together - you are sorely mistaken. EQ (and P99 specifically) classically had the 'haves' and 'have nots'. Modern EQ has abandoned this principle - P99 has not

Let's do a scenario - It's 4am on Christmas day, Discord just pinged your phone that Trakanon spawned 4 seconds ago, Your guild leader then pings you saying COTHs have started and everyone has 60 seconds to log on for the engage.

If you are not willing to jump out of bed and log onto your computer IMMEDIATELY for the above scenario, you have a 0% chance of making it in P99s end game, just food for thought before you waste a bunch of time leveling to 60 so you can 'raid'.

Also, I am not exaggerating in the above scenario as insane as it may sound
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 01-19-2021, 06:17 AM
Planar Protector

What are you going to do, force people to sell items for less? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Live a better classic experience and camp these things yourself <3
Old 01-19-2021, 06:25 AM
Fire Giant

WTS exp potions. Meet me in the fire pot by Shady Swashbuckler
Old 01-19-2021, 06:44 AM
Sarnak

Anyone else amused by the OPs username?

Also, complaining that his Bard levels slowly /rolleyes
Old 01-19-2021, 07:22 AM
Sarnak

I would say enjoy it for what it is - you won't ever reach top tier content here but that isn't a bad thing. I took two characters to high 40's (wiz 49, ranger 45) and had a very fun time doing it, but I can't commit to raids and even if I could some of the time I'd never come close to the DKP others have to gear myself as much as I'd like.

I think the journey is more fun than the goal, but if your goal is to be geared to the teeth with a healthy life balance p1999 probably isn't for you.
Old 01-19-2021, 08:55 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey there kiddo - your millennial entitlement is bleeding through big time. You somehow think that having a life/job/family/responsibilities and P99 mesh well together - you are sorely mistaken. EQ (and P99 specifically) classically had the 'haves' and 'have nots'. Modern EQ has abandoned this principle - P99 has not

Let's do a scenario - It's 4am on Christmas day, Discord just pinged your phone that Trakanon spawned 4 seconds ago, Your guild leader then pings you saying COTHs have started and everyone has 60 seconds to log on for the engage.

If you are not willing to jump out of bed and log onto your computer IMMEDIATELY for the above scenario, you have a 0% chance of making it in P99s end game, just food for thought before you waste a bunch of time leveling to 60 so you can 'raid'.

Also, I am not exaggerating in the above scenario as insane as it may sound
You should change your avatar to this because it matches your personality better:

https://imgur.com/DsCyELR

kiddo...
Old 01-19-2021, 09:18 AM
Banned

Or you can take your time and enjoy the classic emulation
Old 01-19-2021, 09:28 AM
Planar Protector

Hi and also thanks for visiting p1999 and expressing your disappointment that your particular goal of twinking a fungi or making it to level 60 in a particular time is not being addressed.

We are very amused at the insulting tone you take, calling people no-lifers and wishing them good luck. Your hypothetical poll is awesome too, I mean who wouldn't take option C, be a millionaire with very attractive genitals amirite?

We feel you. You discovered the best mmo server in the universe, running the very best version of the finest computer program ever constructed. You jumped in and then you discovered to your horror that you were nothing but a filthy...casual.

Gone were your magical tunics and endless platinum, and your planar gear for coppers. Gone were you daily, or even hourly dings. Now you had to level your experience penalized nearly-naked hybrid and were salty for it. Ahhh yes. It's a rough transition. Most leave their pride behind, it helps here a lot. I see you still have yours.

Don't mind the insulting flavor of this post, it's merely tit-for-tat and not personal.
Old 01-19-2021, 09:53 AM
Sarnak

Okay Boomer.
Closed Thread