Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2021, 05:46 PM
Sarnak

Default When were they going to make a new green server

I know green isn't that old but is this still the plan? How many years from now?
Old 01-19-2021, 06:09 PM
Planar Protector

Probably not for a while. Green is their first attempt at the "not beta server". This means they are still working on the process of deploying the server and the patches in a smooth fashion. They are still mulling over what to do with the server when it "ends". The end is still at least two years out I believe, so they don't really need to make a final decision in the near future.

My guess is the first Green server will last the longest, and subsequent servers will go faster, since they will have a complete process to get a server from vanilla to velious without additional work.

It is hard to say for sure though, a lot could change in a few years. Daybreak got bought out by another company if I recall correctly, so it is possible P99 gets shut down at some point.
Old 01-19-2021, 06:20 PM
Planar Protector

EQ EMU is on OK legal grounds. You the users buys the game and you can access the EQ EMU servers. The graphics and stuff are part of buying the game. I wouldn't worry too much about that.

The next new server will probably be a new PVP server, as red was the beta for that. Red 2.0 wasn't released at the same time as Green in order to give Green the most chance of success possible.

Originally Green was going to merge with blue but since then the staff has said they are not totally sure. I think it makes sense to have all the servers merge into the original server in the end, so people can get a fresh start without a lot of orphans lying around.

Green 2.0 at minimum is 2 years out. Till velious and all velious patches are complete. That's assuming they don't release red2.0 and give it some runway.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 01-19-2021, 06:43 PM
Banned

uh why do you want another server already what would the point be?
Old 01-19-2021, 06:53 PM
Planar Protector

Oh cmon dude he obviously wants a MANASTONE!

I dont know why we don't just do a vanilla locked server with all items permanently in game including manabones and rubicite and lustrous russet and DE mask why not.

Also pvp enabled.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 01-19-2021, 08:38 PM
Planar Protector

PvP
Old 01-19-2021, 08:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh cmon dude he obviously wants a MANASTONE!
I'm glad that they did something to prevent a 24/7 crazy-fest between players and volunteer GMs...but the /list system also successfully turned all the romance and drama of getting a guise/manastone into an experience about as romantic and exciting as a car ride through Kansas for three days.
Old 01-19-2021, 09:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm glad that they did something to prevent a 24/7 crazy-fest between players and volunteer GMs...but the /list system also successfully turned all the romance and drama of getting a guise/manastone into an experience about as romantic and exciting as a car ride through Kansas for three days.
Having done both a /list and driven through Kansas I would have to agree.

-Mcoy
Old 01-19-2021, 10:17 PM
Banned

the real question is How long will the P99 last?
Old 01-19-2021, 10:36 PM
Planar Protector

The original game started in May 1999, and "ended" with Luclin in Dec 2001. Thus, a classic server has a minimum life of about 2 years, 7 months. Green started in Oct 2019, so it should have a minimum life that goes until May 2022. (https://wiki.project1999.com/Timeline)

However, there's two "X factors". First, the staff hasn't been perfectly religious in following the timeline. Second, even once we hit "Luclin time", it's pretty likely that the staff will keep the server goin for some amount of time longer ... but no one but them knows how long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the real question is How long will the P99 last?
They're at what, 11 years and counting, and still going strong? Not any time soon.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Closed Thread