Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2017, 12:27 AM
Planar Protector

I think a big part of the problem for fatties is also the fact that they do feel this stress and pressure to be in shape. Mentally they will beat themselves up over the fact that they know they should eat better and do this and that, then they get stressed and go back to behaviors that they think will reduce stress. People are notoriously bad at selecting stress relieving activities that actually work and tend to gravitate to ones that do nothing or make it worse (watching tv, drinking, eating, smoking, video games, gambling.)

Best thing to do if you desperately need to lose weight is to make 1 or 2 small changes and stick with them, maybe reevaluate after a few months or year if need be. Something like cutting out all soda/sugary drinks and incorporating a simple workout into your routine, could be something dumb like 10 minutes of walking or even a few minutes a day of meditation. Also don't beat yourself up if you break your diet or forget to exercise one day, because again that shit stresses you then you just say "fuck it I already broke my diet might as well go to popeyes and eat two buckets of fried chicken."
Old 11-28-2017, 01:03 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lojik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think a big part of the problem for fatties is also the fact that they do feel this stress and pressure to be in shape. Mentally they will beat themselves up over the fact that they know they should eat better and do this and that, then they get stressed and go back to behaviors that they think will reduce stress. People are notoriously bad at selecting stress relieving activities that actually work and tend to gravitate to ones that do nothing or make it worse (watching tv, drinking, eating, smoking, video games, gambling.)

Best thing to do if you desperately need to lose weight is to make 1 or 2 small changes and stick with them, maybe reevaluate after a few months or year if need be. Something like cutting out all soda/sugary drinks and incorporating a simple workout into your routine, could be something dumb like 10 minutes of walking or even a few minutes a day of meditation. Also don't beat yourself up if you break your diet or forget to exercise one day, because again that shit stresses you then you just say "fuck it I already broke my diet might as well go to popeyes and eat two buckets of fried chicken."
I like where your head is at
Old 11-28-2017, 02:33 AM
Banned

I essentially starve myself for a few months every other year. It works.. haha. Would not recommend. I'd eat around 1k calories a day, all calories were protein based. You feel like shit but it melts off of you. It also took a huge toll on my mental health, and coming from someone who has never had mental problems, jesus. Probably a better way but w/e.
Old 11-28-2017, 04:32 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by katrik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I essentially starve myself for a few months every other year. It works.. haha. Would not recommend. I'd eat around 1k calories a day, all calories were protein based. You feel like shit but it melts off of you. It also took a huge toll on my mental health, and coming from someone who has never had mental problems, jesus. Probably a better way but w/e.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-28-2017, 04:50 AM
Large Rat

OP, if you were fat and unhappy, and found a way to lose weight and worked really hard at it, and now you're thinner and feel better and are happy about it, that's great. And I can understand the desire to proselytize. Whenever people make big, difficult changes in their lives that make them happier, there's often that desire to spread it to others. That's why we all know that one super religious person who strikes up conversations about Jesus with complete strangers.

But you don't have to put other people down to make your point. And also, and I hope this would go without saying, anyone looking to lose weight should consult their doctor. Not advertisements. Not the internet. Not celebrities. Not books, even those with smiling men in lab coats on the front. And not forum posts tinged with some pretty severe lingering self-hatred.

More to the point, eating healthy is important, and it becomes increasingly important as you get older, but this is true of everyone regardless of weight. That skinny guy you know who eats sweets and spaghetti and deep fried whatever all the time and never gains a pound? Well, he might not be fat, but he definitely isn't healthy. The two aren't one in the same. In fact, diets which are successful at helping people lose weight can be dangerous to their health. Because as it turns out, weight and health aren't strongly correlated. Those low-carb, high-animal-protein diets, for instance, absolutely do help you lose weight. They're also terribly dangerous to your health.

There's a lot of bad science and outright quackery about health and weight flying around out there, because our society is obsessed with image, and it's easy to part frightened people from their money with promises of making the bad thing go away, so there are multibillion dollar industries designed to do just that. If you wanna lose weight, look into the actual science of health. Learn how to parse scientific abstracts. Read actual published papers from reputible health and science organizations. At the very least, don't trust anything anybody says if they're trying to sell you something.

Although you might wanna ask yourself why you want to lose weight in the first place. Look at OP for instance. The first thing he said was about physical attractiveness and sex. This suggests he probably isn't happy with his love life. I think he'll be disappointed to find, having lost weight, that his romantic woes won't suddenly disappear. Attraction is immutable, and personality and behavior counts for most of that. Women who rejected him before won't suddenly be attracted to him now that he's thinner. He probably assumed their rejection was due to his weight, but he'll find out soon enough that it wasn't.

Hmm. I wish society wasn't so obsessed with weight. It's sad to think that so many people are so distressed over something so unimportant.
Old 11-28-2017, 07:11 AM
Planar Protector

damn the whale here on that late nite tip hes falling back to old habits im worried about it.

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 11-28-2017, 07:27 AM
Sarnak

Gave you 5 stars for being a friend of the people.
Old 11-28-2017, 10:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagoya [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am your typical "forever 126lbs no matter how much and what I eat" not sure what your technical term is, but I understand I am the enemy in this thread.

I have a question tho... I live in Japan right. And EVERYONE eats wheat, and flour, and every bad thing that was mentioned in this thread, and everyone is absolutely thin and tiny and sexy as hell.

I also happen to be born French, and we French people eat a loooot of cheese, bread, alcohol and everything you say is bad... and they're still mostly thin and small (and not so sexy but hey we can't have everything!)

Are American a different species? What's up with you guys? I see all these diets and advice and how to eat, and carbs this, calorie that, bad fat, good fat... why does every person talking about these things and knowing all these terms are always fat and everyone around me that is thin doesn't know shit about them ><

I realize my post is a bit condescending but it's a pain to rewrite it on my cell lol - however I want to conclude by saying it is actually a legit question... like I don't understand this whole trend of eating healthy and analysing everything that goes in your stomach when you see the countries where it is the most popular are the fattest countries and countries where nobody gives a fuck are the thinnest countries... what's going on?
aside from the radical differences in portion size and nutrient profile, the Japanese are steeped in a vitalising brew of discipline and conformity from childhood rather than the festering vat of dementing individualism and wanton liberty in which Americans are cultivated. the Japanese have neither the time nor inclination to lament the meaninglessness of their existence or arbitrarily fill their free time by stuffing their faces. and even if they do, destructive behavior is regulated by much more stringently qualified standards of social acceptance.

for weight, what one eats matters only insofar as how easy it is to overeat. eating large amounts of sugar leaves one feeling hungry sooner, increasing the likelihood of someone responding to their feelings to eat again sooner than they should. eating foods high in fat makes it easier to eat more calories in a single setting.

i think it makes sense that the people who would care most about an issue would be the ones who struggle greatest with it ^^
Old 11-28-2017, 11:35 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escalon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Although you might wanna ask yourself why you want to lose weight in the first place. Look at OP for instance. The first thing he said was about physical attractiveness and sex. This suggests he probably isn't happy with his love life. I think he'll be disappointed to find, having lost weight, that his romantic woes won't suddenly disappear. Attraction is immutable, and personality and behavior counts for most of that. Women who rejected him before won't suddenly be attracted to him now that he's thinner. He probably assumed their rejection was due to his weight, but he'll find out soon enough that it wasn't.

Hmm. I wish society wasn't so obsessed with weight. It's sad to think that so many people are so distressed over something so unimportant.
I just want to point out -- gay men and women literally just have to get in shape to solve their (lack of) dating woes. It really is that simple.

Now you are right about straight male dating. Getting in shape isn't how you get a girlfriend. That is done through various courting strategies that involve approaching her and being comfortable enough in her presence. Some find their physical appearance helps the feeling comfortable enough part.

What getting in shape is really for when it comes to straight male dating: you can try your luck with more attractive girls. You go to the gym right? Well you can probably get a girl that goes to the gym and has a nicer body like you do. I hate to say it -- but its pretty easy to pick up chubby or homely rich girls as a good looking guy. Some guys make a living off that.

It just gives you more to work with. A lot of guys are happy losing weight when their older just to have better sex with their wife.
Last edited by JurisDictum; 11-28-2017 at 11:46 AM..
Old 11-28-2017, 12:13 PM
Banned

how can i help my friend who's gonna end up on a statin from consuming too much cholesterol?
Closed Thread