Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2020, 06:59 PM
Kobold

Default Can your guild wipe during a raid and laugh it off??

Too many guilds think pixels are serious business. And I guess they are. 70k/week recharges, and you gotta kill the mobs to retain people.

Somehow, though, these guilds changed from "come out whenever/however you can" to, "you better be on time and pay attention.". I get that some players don't have a source of success in their lives and need to win at everquest, and I felt that way too. But if I have a delicious slice of pizza in my hand, you are going to get one manasong and that's it.

So, who wants to a 60 bard to come out to their raid sometimes, and sometimes pay attention, and sometimes /q at the most inconvenient times because he's gotta go?
Old 08-16-2020, 07:10 PM
Planar Protector

This has nothing to do with OP really but can someone break down for a non raider what the 70k recharge costs entail? Thats neat. I like that. But I dont know what could cost that much! But would like to. Can some kind soul break this down for me?
Old 08-16-2020, 07:35 PM
Fire Giant

I'm helping Jibartik hijack this thread. In answer to your question Jibblez. The recharges cover anything and everything that was used for the accomplishment of the raid. Wort pots, aggro clickies, WC caps, etc. With the recent changes to recharge costs. A lot of items are no longer used due to recharge cost. Or, they are just that much more expensive to recharge. Like puppet strings and root nets. Iirc its 20k plat to recharge 1 strings, and 5k ish for a root net. But, it can be argued that its faster/easier to recharge items for a large guild, then to farm up enough new ones to raid again.
Old 08-16-2020, 08:12 PM
Kobold

Before the nerf:
• FTE was done with a root net or a metal wand... Something like 30pp(?) per cast.
• Tanks would use prayer of life if agro was ever lost on them (400pp per cast)
•. Half the people at a klandi or gore fight would have wort pots, which are 150hp per click, often clicked in threes, at 80pp per click.
• venril sathir needs a rune chain, which consumes a 10pp peridot, casted every 10 seconds. This also applies to Yael,
Maestro and a few others.
• aegolism (the cleric HP buff) costs a peridot too.
• we mostly farm DA idols, but you pay 600pp for one in the tunnel, used to set up and position a target before everyone attacks
Old 08-16-2020, 08:21 PM
Planar Protector

So Im used to having to be individually responsible for most of that stuff, sans asking for some gems now and then from the guild bank,and just bitching and moaning about how nobody cares about my rune costs lol

But it sounds like now things are more organized? If I were raiding I would obtain all these from the guild-bank? caps, and stuff? Gems? Or would I submit a recept (a tell) lol, to the guild bank, I need X peridots before/after a raid?

I still am surprised it can get that high per raid night? Or is that a bit of an exaggeration?

Edit: I guess with sky stones and stuff, but still, I'm like wow, 70k of plat gets burnt per guild per raid night? That's awesome for the economy but, still like shocking lol Midnight mallets and stuff? The recharge of those a big cost to this?

Those rune shields? Im just more surprised 70k of that is necessary per night per raid, not a super rare case?
Last edited by Jibartik; 08-16-2020 at 08:28 PM..
Old 08-16-2020, 09:30 PM
Kobold

AG required you to buy the item first (1k for cap, 1ish for wort pots).

Two earthquakes in one week makes a guild starved for cash and looking to sell vindi loot rights.
Old 08-16-2020, 11:21 PM
Sarnak

AHH panoram... you join raiding guilds yet you do not want to raid... then you join casual guilds and get mad they do not raid.

Stop being mad brah.

NAMPUS EPIC gnome MAG
Wyman EPIC halfing WAR
Old 08-16-2020, 11:30 PM
Planar Protector

why you got to be mad, its only game.
Old 08-17-2020, 02:02 AM
Kobold

Ive had a wonderful raiding career in AG, and I do like raiding. I think you missed the point. I don't want to buy dual 30in monitors, buy a 20-button gaming mouse, Mount my eq folder on a ram disk, and use a 2nd computer to view a screen share. I want to show up, get buffed, fart around until it's go time, kill, then head off to enjoy other parts of the game.
Old 08-17-2020, 03:27 AM
Sarnak

Jazz you should look into Lighthouse if endgame raiding (NToV/ST/VP etc) is not a requirement for you. We're laid back but still quite succesful in what we do.
https://p99lighthouse.com
Closed Thread