Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2019, 06:58 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Shadowed Men camps

I’ve read the wiki, but is there a good place for a not twinkled, barely geared 29 Chanter to break up and solo one of the shadowed men camps? Trying to get the Shining Stone and Glowing Gloves for quests and know they would give XP at the same time. Possible?

Thanks!
Old 01-25-2019, 07:50 PM
Decaying Skeleton

The ones in Lower Faydark seem spaced enough apart to Lull and pull singles.
Old 01-25-2019, 11:11 PM
Fire Giant

I always found the shadowed men to be underconned. I remember when I was a level 40 Druid, trying to get a shadowed rapier for the JBoots quest. Harmony failed for some reason and I couldn't gate out fast enough. Even with SOW, they ran faster than me and did some serious damage.
Old 01-25-2019, 11:21 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I’ll try LFay then, thanks. Yeah, I heard you can’t outrun them
Old 01-28-2019, 09:01 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Update

Well, I tried. The Shadowed Men in the LFay camp are just too strong for my 29 Enchanter. Gave it a good go, winning my first fight then dying, winning the next, and then dying again. So I'm done with it for now, at least solo.

Details for those more interested -- There are three spawn points along the side of a Wood Elf Temple (#12 on the wiki map). They are probably random as to which type of shadowed man pops at each point, but while I was there the edges were always Necros and the middle was something else. Soothing the middle resulted in single pulls from the edges, except the time it crit failed (not surprisingly my first death). I had Clarity/Major Shielding/Obscure/Sympathetic Aura/Rune II and my pet had Alacrity(haste)/Obscure/Strength/Rune II (first time I've ever put a Rune on my pet)

My first pull went OK and I thought it might be an easy camp, but then casting Soothe on the middle mob failed and pulled both which I couldn't handle. I realized a combo of stun-lock/DD might have allowed me to win that fight so I switched to that on the third fight and it went great. But the next time was a disaster. Even single pulling the corner necro, and getting his pet mezzed I still went down fast.

So....I either need a partner or two or to wait a few levels to try again. One day I'll get that Shining Stone! Fun, Fun!
Old 01-29-2019, 02:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by dca [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, I tried. The Shadowed Men in the LFay camp are just too strong for my 29 Enchanter. Gave it a good go, winning my first fight then dying, winning the next, and then dying again. So I'm done with it for now, at least solo.

Details for those more interested -- There are three spawn points along the side of a Wood Elf Temple (#12 on the wiki map). They are probably random as to which type of shadowed man pops at each point, but while I was there the edges were always Necros and the middle was something else. Soothing the middle resulted in single pulls from the edges, except the time it crit failed (not surprisingly my first death). I had Clarity/Major Shielding/Obscure/Sympathetic Aura/Rune II and my pet had Alacrity(haste)/Obscure/Strength/Rune II (first time I've ever put a Rune on my pet)

My first pull went OK and I thought it might be an easy camp, but then casting Soothe on the middle mob failed and pulled both which I couldn't handle. I realized a combo of stun-lock/DD might have allowed me to win that fight so I switched to that on the third fight and it went great. But the next time was a disaster. Even single pulling the corner necro, and getting his pet mezzed I still went down fast.

So....I either need a partner or two or to wait a few levels to try again. One day I'll get that Shining Stone! Fun, Fun!
Good on you for giving it a shot. sounds like a couple more levels under your belt and you can handle it solo, or bring a buddy. Hope you manage to get your pieces next time!
Closed Thread